Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #17282546 - 11/26/12 12:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
No, he's blessed.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Quote:

usulpsychonaut said:
Does this mean no drugs, no music, no art, only volunteer allot of time to help people?

The Bible does call each man to give up their sinfull ways, and repent.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 

Now does that mean a true christain won't sin? no, they will continue to sin for the rest of their lives.

But as Paul put it so well;

Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 
Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

But the point is, as they look intently into the "mirror" (Bible) and see their sins and evil ways, that they will in the "doing" not mearly "listening" work on changing their life.
A true follower is never truly free from sin, or perfect (it's by God's power and grace) that we are made righteous, but as they grow in their faith they will start to overcome them.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 
Ephesians 2:9 not by works, so that no one can boast. (Our works don't save us, they prove we are saved :thumbup:)

In fact i am confident that God allowed magic mushrooms (and the problems it's caused me) into my life to;

Help bring me closer to him (stopped me being lukewarm towards him) ,
Overcome my depression ( if you followed the * Tasmania season 2012 * thread, you would have read that i've wanted to die, and had that feeling alot),
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16541754#16541754
Increase my faith (removing the weak faith i used to have, it's still weak, but it's getting stronger, oddly the more intently i look at God's word),
And to show my evil enemies that, God is with me  :thumbup: and to demonstrate to them God's love, to repay evil with good. God can (and does) use bad for good.

And maybe, just maybe, to share ( Like others on here :thumbup: ) his awesome message of love and forgiveness for a sinner (That's me 100% :hi:) on this site
(and all around the world).

I know this is a crazy idea, but what if God made some of his children suffer with drugs, depression, alcohol, or whatever it maybe to be able to reach into the lives of non believers who struggle (or not) with these very things, could God, in fact burden a follower of him with a sin or a struggle, so that he could use it for a good purpose and to save the lost?

get outta here, that's crazy talk :wink:

.I
  .OR  IS.
        T
        ?

Edited by blessed (11/26/12 12:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: johnm214] * 1
    #17282635 - 11/26/12 01:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Those of us who don't believe in your eternal torture chamber ran by a 'loving' god don't have to fear death any more than we feared the time of Jesus.  We weren't around then and it didn't bother us at all- I can't imagine the time after we're dead will be of any great concern either.

Its living that causes suffering- thankfully we don't have to worry about evil Jesus torturing us forever on top of all the evils of this world.

even heaven, as described by some believers, resembles north korea in its totalitarian nature far more than paradise. how could someone believe that spending eternity obeying some all powerful being that essentially messes with you for a lifetime is paradise? it really is a masochistic form of death denial.

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: blessed]
    #17290301 - 11/27/12 12:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I don't Believe in the bible because of it's craziness and hypocrisy when it comes to Easter being a holy day. I look to things like the scientific continuum.

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Help on the Way]
    #17290431 - 11/27/12 12:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Help on the Way said:
I think the Newness of Christianity is less of an issue than the fact that it is full of contradictions and doesn't really make any sense

Can you state some contradictions please and just because you cant make sense out of something does not mean it can not be true. That's like saying quantum mecanics can not be true because I dont understand the physics. :shrug:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Marukai]
    #17290446 - 11/27/12 12:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
I don't Believe in the bible because of it's craziness and hypocrisy when it comes to Easter being a holy day. I look to things like the scientific continuum.

Can you explain how the Bible turns Easter into a hypocrisy? Have you actually read the Bible? Not attacking, just asking... :dancingbear:

--------------------
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

InvisibleGreeNmOld
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17290607 - 11/27/12 12:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Aiko Aiko said:
Quote:

Marukai said:

Can you explain how the Bible turns Easter into a hypocrisy? Have you actually read the Bible? Not attacking, just asking... :dancingbear:

don't see how reading the bible, or any text would be helpful.

language can be paradoxical and is evolving days by torturous day..

the context of language is language....

--------------------
Clutch!!!!

Neil Fallon, LEGEND

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: GreeNmOld]
    #17290850 - 11/27/12 01:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

My point is that most people who bash the Bible have never read the book in the first place and to be fair, most Christians have not either...

--------------------
qtests.org

InvisibleGreeNmOld
Stranger

#17290896 - 11/27/12 01:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Aiko Aiko said:
My point is that most people who bash the Bible have never read the book in the first place and to be fair, most Christians have not either...

fluency in any language does not guarantee that an interpretation of any text will be universally correct.

debating the bible is not so different from debating any other religious text.

or ANY text.

--------------------
Clutch!!!!

Neil Fallon, LEGEND

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

#17290923 - 11/27/12 01:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

True, but again, you have to read it first.. :kong:

--------------------
qtests.org

InvisibleGreeNmOld
Stranger

#17290948 - 11/27/12 02:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Aiko Aiko said:
True, but again, you have to read it first.. :kong:

the "you" that read it will not be the same as before.

and will not be the same a the you that reads it again.

Asian religion is much simpler, imo..

there is no you
there is no god

--------------------
Clutch!!!!

Neil Fallon, LEGEND

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#17291964 - 11/27/12 05:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Not neccaserily.

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

#17299809 - 11/28/12 08:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Why read something that has virtually no meaning to life in general. Some of the verses within the bible are quite nasty when referring to sorcerers or witches. Yet the pastors and popes do things that are really sinful. A perfect example would be the show on FX American Horror Story: Asylum. Sister Jude is a heavy drinker in her earlier days and then becomes a nun to become miss holy with God. The Demon possessed Sister Mary Eunice convinces her to drink wine. She then does in fact drink the wine and gets so drunk that she starts talking about her incident running over the girl on the bike and never doing anything to help her.

These types of things are things that do occur in the Christian religion. It's quite comical. The tea party people are heavily involved with Christianity but when you look at them in depth... They are nothing but trashy people trying to become powerful.

Edited by Marukai (11/28/12 08:19 PM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #17305072 - 11/29/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Icelander would do one thing well in threads like these, brevity.

Getting wrapped up into a long discussion with these nuts (atheists, religious nutters) solves nothing.

But of course, maybe if you all blow enough wind you'll all tire yourselves out. One can hope.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: xFrockx]
    #17306896 - 11/30/12 01:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Umm I'm not an atheist... I am a believer of Witchcraft not Wicca. Wicca is a rebirth form of Witchcraft. Witchcraft came from the Babylonians; mainly the Phoneticians. It then traveled to Egypt where it was used by the Pharaohs and practiced in a more sophisticated manner. Many of the old scripts within the pyramids talked about some of the Pharaohs becoming Jinns in the afterlife because they devoted themselves to sorcery and to the Jinn.

Edited by Marukai (11/30/12 01:58 AM)

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#17306908 - 11/30/12 02:02 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

who are you trying to convince?

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: blingbling]
    #17309672 - 11/30/12 03:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not trying to convince anyone. I am just exploring what everyone's perspective is about the Bible. The title of this thread also mentions Islam. I have not gone deep into discussion about Islam because many are very unfamiliar with Islam. My reasoning behind Islam is the fact the Zoroastrianism was the religion of Ancient Persia It was not a religion that has extremist aspects to it. I still haven't been able to figure out why Islam came to take Zoroastrianisms place.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

#17309676 - 11/30/12 03:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

And based on my findings about the Bible it appears a lot of people are shying away from it.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #17309734 - 11/30/12 03:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #17309766 - 11/30/12 03:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I am just exploring what everyone's perspective is about the Bible. The title of this thread also mentions Islam. I have not gone deep into discussion about Islam because many are very unfamiliar with Islam. My reasoning behind Islam is the fact the Zoroastrianism was the religion of Ancient Persia It was not a religion that has extremist aspects to it. I still haven't been able to figure out why Islam came to take Zoroastrianisms place.

Sounds like you may be one of those people who are "very unfamilliar with Islam"- perhaps you should investigate that before assuming others don't know anything.

Persia was conquered by arab muslims, that's why they became muslim (like pretty much every other region).  This isn't a big secret.

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
    #17313332 - 12/01/12 06:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
Why read something that has virtually no meaning to life in general. Some of the verses within the bible are quite nasty when referring to sorcerers or witches. Yet the pastors and popes do things that are really sinful. A perfect example would be the show on FX American Horror Story: Asylum. Sister Jude is a heavy drinker in her earlier days and then becomes a nun to become miss holy with God. The Demon possessed Sister Mary Eunice convinces her to drink wine. She then does in fact drink the wine and gets so drunk that she starts talking about her incident running over the girl on the bike and never doing anything to help her.

These types of things are things that do occur in the Christian religion. It's quite comical. The tea party people are heavily involved with Christianity but when you look at them in depth... They are nothing but trashy people trying to become powerful.

Hello Marukai

It does have alot to do with life, It tells us how we came to be, why we are here, the purpose of our life, instruction on how to live ones life, the choice we have, and the consequences to those choices, and the fact that there are two God's that we can follow.

Also has anyone ever thought about what's the point of the Bible?
If there is really a God? then why the Bible, why have it written the way it is, why not other ways? I think if you look at the purpose of the Bible, it (can) make sense.

Sense to this very day in fact.

Also, because those who believe in the Bible are sinners, does that make it a fake?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order