Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoOneNowhere
Stranger in a Strange Land
Loc: Oregon, USA
ID Request: PacNW
    #17233044 - 11/17/12 12:00 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Habitat: Grows  in only one spot I've found in a 70+ acre forest I hike through often; at the base of a coniferous tree.  Ground is very covered in pine needles, very few leaves.  Mushroom grows out of the ground refuse/dirt under the refuse (refuse meaning needles and such). 

Region is Oregon, non coastal

Other info I don't have other than pictures:

--------------------
I'm going to be posting a slew of mushrooms local to my area... I'm doing my best with picture quality, but my camera isn't very good and only has autofocus, so please bear with me.  I haven't taken any spore prints yet, as I'm new to the joy of mycology... I can always go back to get more information/prints if what I've given is not enough.

http://www.happyhumans.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request: PacNW [Re: NoOneNowhere]
    #17233081 - 11/17/12 12:10 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Agaricus moelleri.  I found tons of these today in Seattle.  Will upload the pics to mushroomobserver.org in a few minutes.

If you scratch the base of the stem it turns yellow and smells like ink.

OfflineNoOneNowhere
Re: ID Request: PacNW [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #17233139 - 11/17/12 12:21 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Are there multiple different kinds of these beyond the Agaricus moelleri name?  I googled Agaricus moelleri and found the images that came up do like more I'm about to post in my forthcoming posts, and less like this one.  This one has been growing distinctly differently from the others.  I'll start posting those.

I do trust your judgement, I'm only asking these questions to learn more.

--------------------
I'm going to be posting a slew of mushrooms local to my area... I'm doing my best with picture quality, but my camera isn't very good and only has autofocus, so please bear with me.  I haven't taken any spore prints yet, as I'm new to the joy of mycology... I can always go back to get more information/prints if what I've given is not enough.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
    #17233177 - 11/17/12 12:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Are there multiple different kinds of these beyond the Agaricus moelleri name? 

I have no idea.  That's a question for DNA sequencing.  If A. moelleri was described from far away, then it's likely to be different in reality.

OfflineNoOneNowhere
    #17233227 - 11/17/12 12:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I just mean when I google image search Agaricus moelleri it comes up with a few different kinds of mushrooms (visually speaking), all of which I'm running across in this forest.  I just posted pictures of one that also looks like the Agaricus moelleri that came up in a google image search... am I making any sense?

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
    #17233323 - 11/17/12 01:09 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You can't trust google image search, it comes up with all kinds of random crap.

Mushroomobserver is much more reliable.

http://mushroomobserver.org/image/image_search?pattern=Agaricus+moelleri

OfflineNoOneNowhere
    #17233372 - 11/17/12 01:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, looking further into it I do see what you mean.  Thanks for the link!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck