Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Mold Got On Me...
    #1723130 - 07/16/03 11:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

OK after a failed attempt at growing I left all my moldy jars in a shoebox in my closet. It's been in there like a month. Then today I put on a shirt and I began itching on my face and stuff and I was like WTF? It stopped after awhile. Then later on I looked in my closet and noticed a powdery substance near the shoebox, which my shirt had been laying on. So I knew this moldy stuff had gotten on me somehow. I immediately threw away the shoebox and wiped all around where it was sitting with rubbing alcohol. I closed my closet door and now I'm not sure what to do. Should I spray the whole closet with Lysol?

Is this something I should be worried about? I may have inhaled this mold after putting on my shirt. I think it was green mold. I'm not sure. What happens if this stuff gets on you or you inhale it? I put the shirt on like 2.5 hours ago and I am fine now. What should I do? Any help is greatly appreciated....Thanks all!

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Mold Got On Me... [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #1723987 - 07/17/03 05:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No one knows anything about this? That's ok I did a little research on molds in general. I'll probably be ok. I have a pretty good immune system. As long as there were no mycotoxins in the mold I should be fine. Hopefully.....

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Mold Got On Me... [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #1724031 - 07/17/03 06:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You should be fine, odds are low for you to get sick. Pay attention to your temperature and any strange body reaction in the next days, just don't think too much about it.
Lysol would be good to destroy the spores inside the closet. The problem is, they are probably flying through your room right now. Try cleaning every surface and walls with a water and bleach solution, then apply lysol on the whole room, wear a mash if you can.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Mold Got On Me... [Re: MAIA]
    #1726160 - 07/17/03 10:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I think I should be fine. I sprayed out my closet with Lysol and then vacuumed. I'm also just gonna throw away the container which had some mold on it, which is in my garage now. Thanks MAIA....

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum