Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17532706 - 01/11/13 01:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:

TL you're mean. :rofl:

:shrug2: That's what it looks like.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #17532798 - 01/11/13 01:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I concur. It was the brutally honest way you bring across the bad news.
I can imagine you being a surgeon or something,  bringing the bad news to the family of a dying person.
"Hey guys looks like he's gona die soon, anyone have a pen? Ill need to sign his death certificate in a few minutes. Have a nice day."

My mind makes little movies sometimes.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17532854 - 01/11/13 01:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:noddingbaby:
I callz 'em likes I seez dem...

Besides we all die...I mean get contams.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

Offlinebifbaf
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #17532891 - 01/11/13 01:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Not sure if serious. I made the syringes myself and its my first time doing any of this stuff, so contamination is something I was sort of  expecting. But I thought everything looked ok so far.

Most jars have both cottony looking and stringy-looking growth (which I figured was rhizomorphic sections) and I thought that was normal.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: bifbaf]
    #17532921 - 01/11/13 02:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

rhizomorphic growth won't be that stringy.

--------------------

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #17532928 - 01/11/13 02:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

That reminds me I have an intriguing contam in a spawn jar. Its nothing I've seen before. I'm convinced its a mushroom mycelium. A contaminant mushroom.
Its clearly faster than cubensis mycelium but the mycelium has some macroscopic differences. I'll post pics when I get home, a contam like this could seriously screw a new growers project. Its brilliant white just like cubensis mycelium and it stays white. I can imagine a monotub full of ink caps or something. I'm going to fruit it out and send the fruiting bodies to a trusted identifier.

Then I'm going to bitch slap my vendor with a steel gauntlet.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #17532975 - 01/11/13 02:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't send it to an identifier.
Just post some good pictures.

--------------------

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #17532983 - 01/11/13 02:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:smbfacepalm:

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: PussyFart]
    #17533007 - 01/11/13 02:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe I should have worded that differently.
I'm well aware of the identification process, I hunt often and have a nice big library on mushroomobserver.
However the trusted identifiers love when you send them samples . They microscope the spores and other structural features.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #17533519 - 01/11/13 04:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:

Do I already have these? How the hell did you get an entire pin to clone without contam?
Why does mycelium love duct tape so much? Mine do that every time.

I'M TAKING THESE PICS!
INITIATE FORCEFUL CONTRIBUTION. . .

:ohsodevious:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #17533623 - 01/11/13 04:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OK, here's the details on the mystery mushroom contam:

The reason this contam was so easily spotted is my MS inoculation method, I inoc down the face of a jar, then make sure they are all facing the same way.
The reason for this is if you see any type of growth in any other region of the jar other than the inoculation region, you know without a doubt you have a contam. You can also monitor the growth at the inoculation points clearly. Most importantly, if something is growing faster or slower, once again you'll know it's a contam, you can see what I mean here:

Clearly one jar is showing abnormal growth.

Let's take a closer look:
Here is where the cubensis mycelium meets the contam mycelium:

Cubensis mycelium:

Contaminant mushroom mycelium:

And most importantly, this is my cup filled with iced tea:
(Christmas present from my wife[BooBooKittyFuck])

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinebifbaf
Stranger
 User Gallery

#17533792 - 01/11/13 04:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:

Am I missing something? From page 1 of this guide:

Cubensis mycelium, the definition of rhizomorphic colonization, 1/2 pint BRF cake (Brown Rice Flower) - Revolutionctm
https://files.shroomery.org/files/12-23/891563452-IMG_7082.jpg

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: bifbaf]
    #17533814 - 01/11/13 05:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

To be clear, TL didn't say it was contaminated, he said it looks like bacterial.
But TL cannot be certain because it could be anything from genetics, to low nutrition in the substrate. Both of which can cause extra stringy rhizomorphs.
Bacteria will also liquify areas of substrate where the bacteria is most concentrated, and there is none of this in your jar.
In my personal opinion I don't think your jar is contaminated, and it will probably do just fine.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinebifbaf
Stranger
 User Gallery

#17533937 - 01/11/13 05:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

Being that this is my first attempt I am nervous about screwing things up. I did notice some condensation on the insides of the jars where the growth is, but I figured it is due to the mycelium being slightly warm. It's cold here and the house windows are all foggy too. I hope it's nothing to worry about. Fingers crossed. Thanks. Cheers!

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #17533968 - 01/11/13 05:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Condensation is normal. If you ever have any doubts or questions just PM me, or create a thread, or post here. No need to worry about anything. There is always a rational answer and someone willing to help you.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Invisiblehoobatech

#17536179 - 01/12/13 04:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Heres a mushroom with wearing a hat :smile:

InvisibleZeet
 User Gallery

Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: hoobatech]
    #17536405 - 01/12/13 07:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe you can use this:

I've also got some powdery yellow contams which I can take a pic of if you'd like.

I'm pretty good at all this contam growing. :shrug:

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: Zeet]
    #17536467 - 01/12/13 07:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Lmao.
Yeah get a shot of the powdery contam sounds interesting. I can use your pics thanks zeet.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

InvisibleZeet
 User Gallery

#17536523 - 01/12/13 08:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Tmethly, if I put the cobweb contam'd trays outside, would they recover :S?? I'm in the UK though so it's quite cold here.

Would I just dig a small hole to fit the bulk cake (Take it out of the tray) put it in the hole and cover with straw or something?

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How it should look - A GUIDE FOR NEW CULTIVATORS (under construction) [Re: Zeet]
    #17536658 - 01/12/13 09:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Cobweb can be controlled indoors. Spray it one time with peroxide (3%h202) it comes from the store in 3% dilution. Then give it lots if FAE. Cobweb hates fresh air.

But with a tray that's barely colonized there is probably no saving it.
If temps outside are not at least above 60F with some humidity throwing it outside does no good.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates