Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelokariototal
Stranger
The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it
    #17217950 - 11/14/12 10:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What it is like to have a flashback?

I think that the possibility of having a flashback can make psychedelics not worth it. Suppousedly, you could have a flashback anytime after having an lsd or psilocybin trip. I think the psychedelic experience is a very interesting and important phenomenon, but I'm afraid of the idea of flashbacks.

For example, I wouldn't want to have a flashback while im at work, or in a family reunion or something, or even while driving, which can be very dangerous

So what do you think? Does the possibility of having flasbacks makes psychedelics not worth it? Or is the "War on Drugs" media exagerating this phenomenon? Are flashbacks the same as tripping the real thing or not as close?

What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezhparrish
Lost Voyager
Male

Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: lokariototal]
    #17217961 - 11/14/12 11:03 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Just google it man. This topic comes up every week, flashbacks are for the most part a myth, the closest thing to one if HPPD which doesn't really mean you start tripping again you just get slight visual distortions.

--------------------
Life must be the preparation for the transition to another dimension.

Invisiblegullhole
buuuuuds
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: lokariototal]
    #17217975 - 11/14/12 11:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

are u kidding me. flash backs are cool and super rare, u can still carry on working, no mental efffect only visual. cant believe u dont want to try psychedelics cause of flash backs lol

i can tell your never going to experience anything fun or exciting in your life because ur just to scared to try something new

PUSSSY

--------------------

InvisibleChRnZN
Din of Doom
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: ADK
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: zhparrish]
    #17217977 - 11/14/12 11:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was under the impression that flashbacks (especially bad ones) mainly come with really bad trips.  In any case, there is always infinite danger, you just gotta live yo life mang

OfflineAllGreyThumbs
Storage Container Aficionado
Male

Loc: Some savage little planet...
    #17217980 - 11/14/12 11:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Never had a true flashback.  I tend to think that they might be mostly an urban legend.  Used to think that I might have mild HPPD.  I now am convinced that spending so much time paying attention to the effects of drugs taught me to be aware of the random noise that has always been in my mind and sensory systems.

OfflineTheshift
Male

#17217982 - 11/14/12 11:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think its more about moderation then the fact of a flash back just randomly happening. If you take psychedlics every day im sure it would mess your brain up, just like anything else in life. If you can take them responsibly and with a keen idea of dosage, you will be fine.

--------------------
Stuck in time im riding with the seasons. See the things we find are all for reasons some are pleasing and in one more day, I'll find another way home.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: zhparrish]
    #17217988 - 11/14/12 11:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah this comes up like once a week LOL and I'll say the same thing as before. A flash back is a reminder of your previous trip, it isn't going to be as crazy as a trip. I actually love flash backs because I love tripping. Also how can you say you won't be tripping after a trip anyways? I think after we trip we're always tripping because after we trip everything is a trip.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: Mad Season]
    #17218000 - 11/14/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Also I seem to flashback the most or something close to flashbacks when I toke weed a lot. I see the rainbow kaleidoscope in my vision and everything looks cartoony. Doesn't mean I'm going crazy and being a nut. If I can talk to my parents, drive my car, beat a video game, and appear sober to people on shrooms. I could do that all under a mild flashback.

--------------------

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

OfflineG-Cotty
Naturalismo
Male User Gallery

#17218013 - 11/14/12 11:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I honestly LOL at the idea of 'flashbacks'. They are entirely induced from our memories of psychedelic trips and not an actual chemical reaction. I've had a lot of people tell me that they have HPPD after eating too much lucy but I remain skeptical. The very idea of a flashback is entirely subjective anyways.

OP if you are skeptical about psyches because you don't want flashbacks then don't do them. These substances are powerful and sometimes can leave the user permanently affected in some way or another. A powerful experience leaves a powerful memory which might leave someone subject to a 'flashback.'

Anytime I am reminded of my trips in such a way, I just think about how many good things my trips have given me, smile, and keep living.

--------------------
:dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear:

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: G-Cotty]
    #17218056 - 11/14/12 11:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Flashbacks are the best part. It's not like most people think. Except in extremely rare cases you're not just going to start randomly tripping. It's more like an intense emotional recollection of something related to tripping. Like certain songs I listen to tripping will bring me into the DMT headspace and remind me of all the awesome feelings.

I'd be more worried about Hppd but as long as you moderate your use it's not likely. Most people don't mind it. Personally I'm on the fence. If I get it I could live it, but I do love coming back to my normal still reality. It makes my trips more exciting. The only thing I get is extremely light tracers and they haven't increased since my first few trips. They're virtually unnoticeable except under synthetic lighting conditions or areas of extreme contrast.

All in all this is a case of YOLO. It's a double edged sword. I love tripping wayyyyt too much to stop. But I love my sanity wayyyyy too much to abuse these drugs. Moderation is the key to a good healthy life.

OfflineTripKa0s
Male User Gallery

Loc: TEXAS! Flag
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #17218075 - 11/14/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

IME the most a flashback does is slight tracers and slight moving/breathing of objects. and it usually only lasts a few minutes. :shrug:

I find it happens more often when something you see/experience reminds you of something you have experienced in a trip.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: TripKa0s]
    #17218537 - 11/14/12 01:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Possibility of a car wreck keep you from driving a car?

30 years... Never had a flashback....

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: HarryL]
    #17218608 - 11/14/12 01:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The answers you're gonna get here are gonna be similar to the answers you got in the thread you posted two months ago.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16786792#16786792

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17218759 - 11/14/12 01:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"flashbacks" are a bunch of bullshit.

The only people who even talk about them are the media and n00bs.

Ive done a large variety of psychadelics many many times and have never experienced any "flashbacks"

- and my take on the whole "visual distortion" thing... is that just because you have tripped before, you associate normal visual distortions with those which you experiecned during your trip

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: shroomiin]
    #17218807 - 11/14/12 01:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomiin said:
- and my take on the whole "visual distortion" thing... is that just because you have tripped before, you associate normal visual distortions with those which you experiecned during your trip

I disagree.  There have been medications that have been found to reduce or exasperate HPPD symptoms.  There's very clearly something chemical going on; it's not just a psychological thing.

OfflineG-Cotty
Naturalismo
Male User Gallery

Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17218824 - 11/14/12 01:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

shroomiin said:

I disagree.  There have been medications that have been found to reduce or exasperate HPPD symptoms.  There's very clearly something chemical going on; it's not just a psychological thing.

Hmm I'm skeptical...  :strokebeard:

--------------------
:dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear::dancingbear:

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: G-Cotty]
    #17218941 - 11/14/12 02:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Lol be skeptical all you want Hppd is real. Too many reports of experienced trippers seeing constant geometric patterns and swirling. And by too many I mean just enough to not make me question it. Sure you get those unstable people who catch glimpse of an eye floater and sign up for hppdonline support forums :rolleyes: But that doesn't make the real cases any less real

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #17219050 - 11/14/12 02:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The possibility of having a bad day makes getting out of bed not worth it.

The possibility of having a nightmare makes going back to sleep not worth it.

The possibility of being poisoned makes eating not worth it.

The possibility of dieing from an aneurism on the toilet makes shitting not worth it.

The possibility of pollution makes breathing not worth it.

Where does this retardation end?

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Re: The possibility of having flashbacks makes psychedelics not worth it [Re: Azure Essence]
    #17219068 - 11/14/12 02:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry but when I see the rainbow vortex, get the big and smalls, and see breathing I know I'm experiencing a flashback. BTW I love it every time I get it. What's wrong with tripping after a trip? Sounds like a way to have fun to me.

--------------------

AMU Q&A

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #17219073 - 11/14/12 02:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

G-Cotty said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

shroomiin said:

Hmm I'm skeptical...  :strokebeard:

Here you go.

Quote:

Approximately 2–3 weeks after returning to Europe, and the last drug taking, the patient developed persistent visual disturbances from which she has been suffering ever since. She described these as attenuated ‘flashbacks’ – comparable with the experiences during acute LSD intoxication. More specifically, the patient mentioned the occurrence of after images, the perception of motion in the periphery of her visual fields, flickering when looking at patterned objects, halo effects, macro- and micropsia, and in the patient’s own words, ‘a glow-worm effect’ meaning the perception of bright little spots of light across the visual field. With her eyes shut, no such abnormalities were perceived.

Quote:

With regular drug therapy over at least 12 months (maximum dose 200 mg of lamotrigine for 6 months, presently 100 mg), some of the abnormal perceptions such as ‘sense of levitation’ or macro-/micropsia disappeared completely whereas a qualitative improvement was noted with other symptoms (sense of motion of stationary objects, flickering etc.). The ‘sense of levitation’ indicates that this case of HPPD was more complex as it included more than just visual abnormalities. Furthermore, after images, halos, and ‘glow worm’ effects occurred less frequently. Rapid improvement was registered even during the dosing-in phase of lamotrigine – before the administration of therapeutic doses. Addition of SSRI-type antidepressants to the drug regime did not yield any beneficial effects. Instead they increased the frequency of derealization and depersonalization episodes in the patient. This was reversed to a large extent upon cessation of SSRI therapy. The patient also noted positive effects of psychotherapeutic intervention on attention focusing and mood stabilization. Not surprisingly, increased overall stress levels correlated with worsening of her symptoms.

http://tpp.sagepub.com/content/2/5/199.full.pdf

And here's a bonus.

Quote:

In our experience, clonidine at low doses is well tolerated, has minimal side effects, and has no potential for abuse.

We suggest that clonidine should be considered as an option for certain patients who suffer from LSD-related flashbacks.

http://journals.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?articleid=173074

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag