Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelil_civic_lil
Stranger

Loc: Re@LiTy
how long will brf/verm cake jars last uninoculated
    #1721639 - 07/16/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey i have a batch of 12 brf/verm jars sterilized, how long could they sit around before innoculation and still be good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: how long will brf/verm cake jars last uninoculated [Re: lil_civic_lil]
    #1721668 - 07/16/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

best to do it right away but i have let mine stand for almost 2 weeks and all came out fine

--------------------

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #1721679 - 07/16/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

SWIM had some settin around in a tupperware container and they lasted maybe 2 months. After that he checked them and they were all black from some mold(can't remember the name of the contam, damn butalbital)
. I wouldn't suggest letting them set around longer than a month or so. But what do I know :tongue: 

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: how long will brf/verm cake jars last uninoculated [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #1721702 - 07/16/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If they're sealed and properly sterilized -- years.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
    #1721786 - 07/16/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Put tape on the holes so they don't dry out, and stick them in your refrigerator. They'll be good for many months at least; maybe years.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinecyndyl
mycologist wannabe
Female

Loc: far away from home
Re: how long will brf/verm cake jars last uninoculated [Re: Diploid]
    #1722225 - 07/16/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, I'm probably going to take some heat for this, cause I'm no expert, just a beginner but here's my story....
I had innoculated (24) 1/2 pint jars on June 23rd. the jars didn't do shit; I believe the spores were duds (non shroomry sponsor vendor - I now know better!).
I ordered spores from the Little Guy and got a free syringe. I used the free syringe to innoculate 12 of those jars cause when I dumped the other dozen out to redo them I saw that the contents were still most but not too moist and none of the 24 had contams.
End of the story? The 12 I innoculated with the free spores, GCs, in jars that were 3 weeks old are growing mycilium already after 4 days, with no signs yet of contam.
I also innoculated 12 fresh jars with new spores and nothing yet (different strain - Allen).
I know it breaks all the sterility rules but I felt like experimenting with the free spores. I really wanted to know if it was my substrate (BRF) or the spores. Since I'm an inexperienced grower I thought I might have f'd up...

--------------------

There's no such thing as a stupid question,
but they're the easiest to answer!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck