Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: What is he on? [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1725547 - 07/17/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Pinky is right... it's funny but it's been proven it was photoshopped.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: What is he on? [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1726887 - 07/18/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

oh man! dont tell me the one with the binoculars round the wrong way is photoshopped as well... I might have to seriously reasses my opinion of Bush if it is!  :lol: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: What is he on? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1726902 - 07/18/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thats a really old photoshopped image too, cant believe you guys fell for it!  hahahaha :lol:

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,56430,00.html

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: What is he on? [Re: pattern]
    #1726964 - 07/18/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You little trickster! :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: What is he on? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1727297 - 07/18/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

LOL.

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: What is he on? [Re: Darkcloud]
    #1727655 - 07/18/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Another example of Bush not really having a clue. From The Guardian (emphasis mine):

Quote:

Leaders discuss Guantanamo Bay pair

Press Association
Friday July 18, 2003 3:18 PM

Tony Blair and US president George Bush have been discussing the fate of two Britons facing trial before a military tribunal in Guantanamo Bay.

President Bush promised to "work with the British government" on the matter but said: "The only thing we know for certain is that these are bad people."

Mr Blair was under increasing pressure to urge the US president, during talks at the White House, to extradite Moazzam Begg and Feroz Abbasi to the UK.

He said: "It's important just to realise the context in which all this arises, without saying anything about any specific case at all, the context of the situation in which the al Qaida and the Taliban were operating together in Afghanistan against American and British forces."

President Bush said: "We will work with the British government on this issue."

But he added: "These were illegal combatants. They were picked up off the battlefield aiding and abetting the Taliban.

"We will talk with the Prime Minister about this issue. He's asked, prior to arrival, 'I want to talk about this in a serious way. Can we work with you?' And the answer's 'Absolutely'.

"I understand the issue and we will...have a very good discussion about it."

Stephen Jakobi of Fair Trials Abroad said President Bush's description of the detainees as "bad people" was "the end of any prospect of a fair trial".

"Unless Tony Blair can announce a radical change of policy on mode of trial today he will be assisting in a formula for disgonourable surrender of sovereignty and the duty to protect his own citizens' human rights," he said.

Moazzam Begg was arrested on the streets of Pakistan by Pakistani police, and then handed over to the CIA. I don't see how that puts him on the 'battlefield' by any stretch of the imagination.
It's also amusing to see the president automatically assuming that all of these men are guilty.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]