Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Bush Administration Wants Moussaoui Case Halted
    #1715817 - 07/14/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77935,00.html

sounds like the government doesnt want the public to know the details about sept. 11. smells fishy to me.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush Administration Wants Moussaoui Case Halted [Re: 1stimer]
    #1715824 - 07/14/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

smells fishy to me.

Is there anything that doesn't?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Bush Administration Wants Moussaoui Case Halted [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1716003 - 07/14/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That link points to a story about 5 months old.  Here is the latest update from today.  Interesting the US Government decided not to allow Moussaoui's witness to testify on his behalf.  What the heck is the Government hiding???  They're willing to risk letting someone charged in the 9/11 attacks go free in order to hide what the guy's witness has to say.  Wow.

Also very interesting is that "Moussaoui was in custody on Sept. 11, 2001, after arousing suspicion at a Minnesota flight school."  Seems the Government did know something about 9/11 after all!  :shocked:       

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Administration Wants Moussaoui Case Halted [Re: Cornholio]
    #1716009 - 07/14/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Also very interesting is that "Moussaoui was in custody on Sept. 11, 2001, after arousing suspicion at a Minnesota flight school." Seems the Government did know something about 9/11 after all!

So every suspicious person should have raised the red flag?

I'm surprised you would find that evidence of anything at all.

Or is it that he looked like he was Arab?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1716034 - 07/14/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
So every suspicious person should have raised the red flag?

I'm surprised you would find that evidence of anything at all.

Or is it that he looked like he was Arab?

It's not easy to arrest someone unless there is a valid reason (at least pre 9/11 anyway). I wonder what the guy was arrested for? I would think there must have been some pretty strong evidence against him to allow for his arrest.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1716065 - 07/14/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It's not easy to arrest someone unless there is a valid reason (at least pre 9/11 anyway).

I disagree.

The arrest is easy. It's what comes after that's difficult.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #1716365 - 07/14/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

so whats the government hiding? What could it possibly hide that would have anything to do with national security and moussaoui?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #1718965 - 07/15/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

this doesnt stink to high heaven of conspiracy to anyone?

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1719057 - 07/15/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It stinks to me. Can anyone think of just one possible scenario where a terrorist's evidence could harm national security? I can't.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1719066 - 07/15/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cornholio said:
It stinks to me. Can anyone think of just one possible scenario where a terrorist's evidence could harm national security? I can't.

Perhaps he could reveal an informants name. An informant who is feeding us a lot of good stuff.

Perhaps he could reveal information that would be valuable to terrorists.

Perhaps he's not a terrorist and is actually working for us.

I'm sure, that if you weren't so anxious to find fault with the government and Bush, you could have easily thought of these and several more reasons.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1719336 - 07/15/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Perhaps he could reveal an informants name. An informant who is feeding us a lot of good stuff."
You forgot to mention how this compromises national security.

"Perhaps he could reveal information that would be valuable to terrorists."
That's about as generic as saying "allowing him to testify could threaten national security"

"Perhaps he's not a terrorist and is actually working for us."
So why shouldn't he testify?

"I'm sure, that if you weren't so anxious to find fault with the government and Bush, you could have easily thought of these and several more reasons."
Wrong. I thought about it before I made that post. The obvious threats to national security are technology transfers, and information that could compromise our advantage in war.

I'm not anxious to find fault with the Bush administration, his faults are slapped in our face. The whole reason this thread even came up is because the Bush administration doesn't want to give someone due process, which I have been taught since grade school is a fundamental American principle. This forces people who believe in due process to ask why Bush would want to take it away from someone. If the guy turns out to be guilty, then put him jail for life. But give him his due process first.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1719449 - 07/15/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If there is a source and it dries up.... you don't see how it could possibly compromise national security?

Neither you nor I know what he might know or reveal. If you don't see how this could be a problem, then there is little point. I suspect you're a bit smarter than that.

Same as above.

And while I don't know you, the taste and tone of your posts leaves me little doubt I'm at least pretty damn close to the mark.

I too believe in due process as even a quick reading of my posts should show a strong belief in the constitution and BOR. If it comes down to it, I don't feel a non-citizen should or does have the same rights as a citizen.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1719496 - 07/15/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Before a human being is put to death, I believe he should be allowed to defend himself, citizen or not. But maybe that's just a liberal ideal.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1720558 - 07/16/03 03:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How did you manage to interpret my saying I feel a non-citizen doesn't have the same rights as a citizen as saying they don't have a right to defend themselves?

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1721168 - 07/16/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
How did you manage to interpret my saying I feel a non-citizen doesn't have the same rights as a citizen as saying they don't have a right to defend themselves?

I said "The whole reason this thread even came up is because the Bush administration doesn't want to give someone due process, which I have been taught since grade school is a fundamental American principle."

You replied "If it comes down to it, I don't feel a non-citizen should or does have the same rights as a citizen. "

I took that to mean you sided with Bush about not giving due process. Sorry if I was wrong, but I think that was a reasonable conclusion based on the conversation.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1722064 - 07/16/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well i've read alot of curious things regarding 9/11....I think it was a conspiracy just because of the new laws, and invasion that came so quickly after the attack. Why weren't the jets scrambled like they were supposed to be? How did the pentagon lawn hold up to an airplane impact without scorch marks? Why wasn't the guy allowed to testify? Why didn't bush do anything? Why has it ended up with him being more popular today than he was before the attacks?

Mark my words, there will be another terrorist attack just before or after bushs' re-election.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Bush Administration Wants Moussaoui Case Halted [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1722069 - 07/16/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, and its not like any real damage was done to the us. A few people died, a building came down, nothing detremental to the security of the citizens of america...but the fear and hype they promote have people living in constant fear.

They could have led by example, and been the "better man" while increasing security without jepordizing the constitution.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
    #1722082 - 07/16/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you can't look back on it and say "why why why". the thing that matters is that it happened, and if you don't like how it is being handled go out and vote. organize others to vote. this is your only power.

edit: when i said "why" i don't mean in a finger pointing sort of way....

Edited by houshroom (07/16/03 03:53 PM)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Bush Administration Wants Moussaoui Case Halted [Re: houshroom]
    #1722104 - 07/16/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well i live in canada so....

But voting is no power. Its not like i have a say, and all i can vote for is the crap they run for candidates, which all suck. Really i want nothing to do with the system, and to live self sufficiently away from society.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
    #1722125 - 07/16/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

that would make it difficult

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order