Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: prismism]
    #17267340 - 11/23/12 01:03 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

prismism said:
What kind of jackwagon triple posts in his own thread? Flagged for being a board hog.

:facepalm:  He posted 1 time 7 days ago, 1 time 5 hours ago, and one time 2 hours ago to tell us he updated the thread...chill out.

And board hog? Its 2 in the morning and nobody's posting...

Edited by PussyFart (11/23/12 01:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuckwater
HerpDerp

Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: prismism]
    #17267388 - 11/23/12 01:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

prismism said:
What kind of jackwagon triple posts in his own thread? Flagged for being a board hog.

I wouldn't have known about the update if he didn't.

Thanks.  Awesome thread OP.

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell Flag
Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: buckwater]
    #17395825 - 12/15/12 08:29 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I went ahead and added a 50cfm fan to the humidifier's intake.  Will add pics and update the guide when time permits (probably tomorrow).

Invisibleserotonin storm
Don't be scared, homie!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holland
Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: TheDeathryder]
    #17396472 - 12/15/12 12:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Looking good deathryder!!

I hadn't seen the humidifier until just now. Looks like you did a good job on the whole project thus far

--------------------
Trade List

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#17397737 - 12/15/12 04:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheDeathryder said:
I went ahead and added a 50cfm fan to the humidifier's intake.  Will add pics and update the guide when time permits (probably tomorrow).

Like this? Did you go with the 4"?

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell
Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: elkart]
    #17398076 - 12/15/12 06:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

elkart said:
Quote:

TheDeathryder said:

Like this? Did you go with the 4"?

Looks like you need wider output pipes bro.  I went with a 4'' fan and 2 2'' output pipes.  The booster fan I used (like you have) will work well enough for psilocybes, but I found more power necessary for my oysters.  For a few results pics, check out my growlogs linked in my signature.  The P. Ostreatus started in November has a few harvest pics in it.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

Loc: Land of Shrooms
    #17398904 - 12/15/12 09:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Im just curious because im working on my own GH now..

I have one of those 4 tier greenhouses from a gardening store nearby but I have to build my own plastic around it because I jacked up the original.

Is there a reason/benefit to using your homemade humidifier instead of using a coolmist?  Other than the large reservoir?

Is there any way to convert a coolmist into having a larger reservoir?

Im going to be working with edibles soon and I want to have quite a bit going at coming spring/summer (hopefully) so I might have another GH by then...

What did it cost to make this?  Cuz I can get a very easy to put together 4 tier greenhouse with the plastic and zippers  for 40$.

Other than that great tek man, I really like your shelving you used?,  How much was it? Its nice and heavy duty (the gh I have has slightly flimsy shelves) and looks huge.

Im one to start off doing things right so still deciding whether to make my own GH or buy one.

--------------------

:bump2:RR's Manure Pasteurization by: Shea25=:bump2:
Prep your WBS the TL way!
Spawn faster with Agar's Grain LC Tek!
Making Lids?  Back to TL!

:dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear:

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: JusTsHroomiNn]
    #17399646 - 12/16/12 01:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This greenhouse will comfortably set 3 large substrates on each of the 4 shelves.  For me, the big benefits with this humidifier setup are that it's much easier to control the humidity, and I get CONSTANT high volume FAE rather than scheduled FAE.  I'm considering using a toilet float setup so that the bucket will refill the water by itself.  The shelves cost me $35, but when you put all the materials together, plus shipping for the harder to find parts (those damn zippers!), I'm in for about $270 including my new fan which isn't pictured.  Thankfully for me, this unit is capable of growing pretty much any species of mushroom I could want to grow, and gives me enough space to operate on a small commercial scale (I sold some oyster mushrooms grown with this unit today, and am enjoying some sauteed oyster mushrooms right now :grin:).  I am extremely happy with this setup!

I had a smaller greenhouse like you've described that operated on a coolmist on the bottom shelf, ultrasonic above it, and a computer fan back when I grew cubes.  I liked it for them, but there's no way it would even compete with this unit for species like P. ostreatus, which are extremely picky about FAE.

Also, I've had a few PM's regarding the topic of condensation:  At 60f-70f, this unit does not show any condensation while maintaining a 100%RH environment.  When the temperature falls though, condensation does form.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

Loc: Land of Shrooms
    #17400625 - 12/16/12 09:40 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry if this is straying a little bit off your thread but I was under the impression all you need is a coolmist for a GH and it provides FAE and humidity?

only 35$ for that shelving!  IF you dont mind me asking what is the brand or place you can pick one up?

I will most likely just be growing edibles in my GH
Lions Mane
Shiitake
Reishi
Maitake
and Maybe some Pearl Oysters.

Is some sort of home built humidifier much more reliable?  Im fairly handy so im not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Idk how possible it is, but is it possible to hook up a coolmist to a larger reservoir and keeping it on the outside and sending a duct into the GH? I thought that was the common thing to do now with those, but im a huge GH noob atm.

Thanks for all the help btw, I love your GH!

--------------------

:bump2:RR's Manure Pasteurization by: Shea25=:bump2:
Prep your WBS the TL way!
Spawn faster with Agar's Grain LC Tek!
Making Lids?  Back to TL!

:dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear:

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #17400705 - 12/16/12 09:58 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Coolmists do not always give you the best humidity, this is why we use ultrasonic foggers/humidifiers in conjunction with them, to boost the humidity.

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

#17400927 - 12/16/12 10:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JusTsHroomiNn said:
Sorry if this is straying a little bit off your thread but I was under the impression all you need is a coolmist for a GH and it provides FAE and humidity?

only 35$ for that shelving!  IF you dont mind me asking what is the brand or place you can pick one up?

I will most likely just be growing edibles in my GH
Lions Mane
Shiitake
Reishi
Maitake
and Maybe some Pearl Oysters.

Is some sort of home built humidifier much more reliable?  Im fairly handy so im not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Idk how possible it is, but is it possible to hook up a coolmist to a larger reservoir and keeping it on the outside and sending a duct into the GH? I thought that was the common thing to do now with those, but im a huge GH noob atm.

Thanks for all the help btw, I love your GH!

For cubensis a coolmist and ultrasonic are usually adequate, but some edible and medicinal species, like oysters, are much more demanding about fresh air, and won't do nearly as well as cubes in a traditional cube greenhouse.

The shelves are Bluehawk brand, and are stocked in Lowes.  You can find similar shelves at Home Depot.  This was the largest unit I could find.

I can't say much on the reliability of the humidifier as I've never had one go out on me, but It is certainly convenient.  It takes up no precious real estate inside the greenhouse, and only leaves me 1 timer and reservoir to worry about while doing its job very well.

You can create a second reservoir for your coolmist like you've described, but it generally doesn't add a significant amount of water, you'll still be refilling it pretty often.  I have to refill my bucket every other day or so.  I'm considering putting a toilet float in my bucket and attaching it to a water line so that it'll be auto-filling :grin:

A few results pics, please keep in mind that the new fan was recently added, so the stretchy oysters didn't get optimal conditions.  I expect the next flush to be much nicer.

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#17401726 - 12/16/12 01:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

sweet! So what's your setup now? I know you have the fogger with a 4" induct running 24/7, but what's the other fan you're using and where did you place it? Also, did you cut slits or holes in your GH?

I have another 4" fan I'm intending to use and feel I should place it at the bottom, PULLING air OUT. Do you concur?

--------------------

InvisibleHelltick
Player
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep...
    #17402158 - 12/16/12 03:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet GH dude...you a plumber by trade?
For bulk a GH is a must!
Good luck to you sir.

--------------------
  My Agar Tek. 
  My Greenhouse Tek. 

"It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good"

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: Helltick]
    #17402460 - 12/16/12 04:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

elkart said:
sweet! So what's your setup now? I know you have the fogger with a 4" induct running 24/7, but what's the other fan you're using and where did you place it? Also, did you cut slits or holes in your GH?

I have another 4" fan I'm intending to use and feel I should place it at the bottom, PULLING air OUT. Do you concur?

I still have the 4" fan setup as pictured, I just added another more powerful fan on top of it.  The bathroom fan is a 3" diameter, so I used a 3" to 4" connector to attach it over the 4" fan.  I am using a Broan 771 70 cfm fan (checked the box and discovered I misquoted the cfm rating in previous posts).  http://www.lowes.com/pd_256747-14-771_0__?productId=3028782 ; The 4" fan that was originally supplying all of my FAE is now merely a booster fan for the Broan.  The only cuts I've made in my greenhouse are 2 holes for the pipes to go in, and 1 slit at the bottom that makes the bottom of my door flap.  I am using the greenhouse exactly as it's described in my OP, with the new fan being the only modification.

I don't see an output fan as necessary.  With this setup, the input fan will easily push old air out through the bottom of the greenhouse.  Also keep in mind that my fans run 24/7, and with 80+cfm combined getting pushed through, there's not going to be much space for old air to get stuck.

Quote:

Helltick said:
Sweet GH dude...you a plumber by trade?
For bulk a GH is a must!
Good luck to you sir.

Nope, I'm just good at planing things so that they assemble well :grin:

InvisibleHelltick
Player
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep...
    #17402676 - 12/16/12 04:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm, guess your a hero then.
...Ques Nickle back!

--------------------
  My Agar Tek. 
  My Greenhouse Tek. 

"It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good"

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: TheDeathryder's Full-Auto Greenhouse Build [Re: Helltick]
    #17402926 - 12/16/12 05:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Do you figure I can use that identical 4" indcuct fan to pull in FAE from below to provide sufficient FAE for oysters? DId you already try that? or were you only trail testing with one induct fogger fan?

--------------------

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

#17402963 - 12/16/12 05:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The problem with a second input fan to provide FAE is that it'll be pumping in drier air if it doesn't go through the bucket.  Plus that 70cfm fan is only about $5 more than the booster fan.  It's much easier just to add the bathroom fan into the same line as the booster fan.  I was originally misled on the power of the booster fan, the salesman gave me the wrong rating, and it wasn't printed on it as far as I can tell.

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#17403223 - 12/16/12 06:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheDeathryder said:
The problem with a second input fan to provide FAE is that it'll be pumping in drier air if it doesn't go through the bucket.  Plus that 70cfm fan is only about $5 more than the booster fan.  It's much easier just to add the bathroom fan into the same line as the booster fan.  I was originally misled on the power of the booster fan, the salesman gave me the wrong rating, and it wasn't printed on it as far as I can tell.

So what you're saying is that I spent money on two 4" fans that are practically useless because of the low output needed for oysters???? What if I rigged TWO of the same fans mounted together? I don't want to buy another fan!

--------------------

Edited by elkart (12/16/12 06:24 PM)

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#17403258 - 12/16/12 06:29 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

what if I mounted my two 4" fans in the SAME bucket fogger??

--------------------

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#17403273 - 12/16/12 06:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What's the substrate for your current bags?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates