Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods]
    #17196211 - 11/10/12 03:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Lynnch said:
Hahaha ok, deny simple obvious truths. Without educated workers and roads, you would not be in business. Or would you prefer to pay the cost of individually k-15 educating every employee you need?

It is a simple truth that the education system is an abject failure and has been so more and more as the federal government has gotten involved.  It should not be a federal concern at all.  I'm not even sure it should be a government concern.  If you have a kid you should pay for it.  If I don't I shouldn't.  Most rivate schools are much better, cheaper, and more accountable and if you don't like one you can go to another.  The same goes for roads. 

Why do you keep babbling about roads?  They are an almost invisible part of the budget.
Quote:

And you STILL havent answered my question. What are your guys giving me for my tax contribution? A standing army? That hardly puts food on my plate.

A standing army is obviously the purview of the federal government.  Put your own fucking food on your plate.  You are really making my argument extremely well, i.e. that the Dems are the party of bums and panhandlers.

The federal governement is involved in schools more now than in the past because fucking red states were graduating (not really, the drop out rate in red states is ridiculous) retarded children who think gravity is a liberal conspiracy and the earth is 5800 years old. Where I live, the public schools are better than the private schools.

Sure they are.  That's why people are paying extra money on top of the taxes they pay that support the public schools to avoid them. 

Why should I give a fuck what Alabama's kids are taught?  I live in NY. 

http://www.oms.nysed.gov/press/GraduationRates.2011.html
Quote:

Graduation rates for the state’s Big 5 city school districts have increased overall during the past six years, and all except Buffalo improved over last year (but note: Buffalo’s decrease was caused primarily by a change in its cohort size). Graduation rates in the Big 5 for the 2006 cohort are as follows:

Buffalo: 47.4%  (down from 53.1% for the 2005 cohort)
    New York City: 61%  (up from 59% for the 2005 cohort)
    Rochester: 46.1%  (up from 42.1% for the 2005 cohort)
    Syracuse: 45.9%  (up from 45.2% for the 2005 cohort)
    Yonkers: 63.2%  (up from 58.1% for the 2005 cohort)

How about Chicago Obama's adopted hometown where he was a big shot community organizer?

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2011/11/07/high-dropout-rate-chicago-schools

Quote:

Nearly 40 percent of Chicago Public School students drop out.

We have 50 states, each of which has 100s of school districts.  Why does the federal government think there has to be one uniform school curriculum to suit all of the tens of thousands of school districts?  If the people of Kansas want their kids to be taught creationism it's none of my business and none of your business.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17196249 - 11/10/12 03:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You should vote Republican if you believe that the best way to prosperity is not through enabling the population to be children.  I don't want your help any more than I want the government's.  It is wrongly applied and of no use.

What's the point of living together in a society if we're not going to help each other? :confused:

310 million people is not a society.  It is hundreds of societies.  Imposing a monolithic behemoth on every one of those societies is absurd and distancing.  There are essential functions for that behemoth but a call to community is not one of them.

--------------------

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17196262 - 11/10/12 03:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
310 million people is not a society.  It is hundreds of societies.  Imposing a monolithic behemoth on every one of those societies is absurd and distancing.  There are essential functions for that behemoth but a call to community is not one of them.

Says you. Keep in mind this is all just your own opinion, shaped by your personal beliefs, life experiences and cynicism. You seem to think your own opinion holds some undeniable truth about the nature of society and the role of government but really it's nothing more than your own perspective. :shrug:

(Obviously this is true for my opinion as well and I'm not saying  mine is any more valuable or holds any more truth than yourse.)

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17196266 - 11/10/12 03:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:

That's how a societal group has to work, though. You do your fair share, taxes for example, and then beyond that you can seclude yourself or decide to involve yourself and help others beyond the minimum. If you're going to benefit from the societal structures that are in place then you need to put something into it. (Here comes zappa with his insults about how tit sucking liberals don't contribute to the system, only business owners like him do. :rolleyes:)

People who get something for nothing do not contribute to the country.  They are complete parasites.  People who don't pay taxes do not contribute to the country.  They are freeloaders.  You do not have to own a business to not suck the tit or pay taxes.  Millions and millions of employees are not sucking the tit and are paying taxes.  Keep up the idiotic strawmen.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: imachavel]
    #17196270 - 11/10/12 03:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Quote:

Lynnch said:
Hahaha I'm trying to fucking help you. Yet you still can't give me ONE DAMN REASON why I would ever want to vote republican. It's sad at this point.

No shit, most of us are trying to help him. His anti Obama ism is about as one sided as my anti Bush ism. I can at least admit Bush did two good things in his presidency, and they are ALL on this list:

http://useconomy.about.com/od/fiscalpolicy/p/bush_tax_rebate.htm

Even after we found no WMDs, Zapp still backs Bush's invasion of Iraq, even though the U.N. could have found some other country to remove Saddam from power. Oh well, one way Zappas lost the right sided election and hes got too many oil hoarding policies shoved in his ear to understand Republican horse shit like his will lose the next race also.

There were about 50 countries involved in each of the Gulf Wars.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #17196291 - 11/10/12 04:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

We have 50 states, each of which has 100s of school districts.  Why does the federal government think there has to be one uniform school curriculum to suit all of the tens of thousands of school districts?  If the people of Kansas want their kids to be taught creationism it's none of my business and none of your business.

Actually it is my business.  It's a United States, not 50 separate countries.  I don't want to pay extra in taxes to support red-states where their people are too stupid to get a job because they think jesus is going to come riding down on a cloud, and then get on his donkey with a slave laying palm leaves for a trail so the donkey doesn't get his feet dirty, to go sit on his throne in Jerusalem for 1000 years.  I prefer a more reality based system.

Bush's no-child-left-behind means the dumb kids hold the whole class behind in learning so the instructors can concentrate on teaching how to memorize answers to the test which is just as bad as teaching about Jesus outside of home or church.  When I grew up in the 1950s, we were taught Latin, literature, science, mathematics, and if we were not capable of writing a coherent sentence, got our asses busted with the paddle.  Unfortunately, it's time for a return to that model before it's too late.

Quote:

I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy

It's simple.  Voters didn't blame Obama for the economy.  It was created by Bush and the majority party in Congress who rubber-stamped his agenda for 8 years, who also ensured his policies stayed in force for the last 4 via abuse of the filibuster.  Now we just have to finish the job by tossing out the rest of the 'baggers in 2014.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:People who get something for nothing do not contribute to the country.  They are complete parasites.  People who don't pay taxes do not contribute to the country.  They are freeloaders.

We saw how well that line worked out for the GOP.  :lol:

First mittens called nearly every member of the US Armed Forces freeloaders, and now you.  As someone who had both of his sons risking their lives in war for their country during the bush era, I and millions of others take exception to such idiocy from the wingnuts, and this is exactly why you guys lost ground in the senate and lost the presidency when it should have been a no-brainer election. :nono:
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17196303 - 11/10/12 04:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
People who get something for nothing do not contribute to the country.  They are complete parasites.  People who don't pay taxes do not contribute to the country.  They are freeloaders.  You do not have to own a business to not suck the tit or pay taxes.  Millions and millions of employees are not sucking the tit and are paying taxes.  Keep up the idiotic strawmen.

You think that the only way people can contribute to the betterment of the country is through paying taxes or working as hard as you think is enough to make them not a parasite. How about single mothers who work hard and still get some sort of assistance and raise good children who then go on to become productive members of society? I know you think that all single mothers on government assistance are sluts who are worthless parasites but right now you're talking to the product of a single mother on assistance and I know that you don't believe I'm going to become a productive member of society but that's due to your own presumptions and cynicism.

You just seem so closed minded to things other than money that hold value and you seem to like to oversimplify human situations so that you can be cold and closed off to anyone who is having a hard time. All you care about is yourself which is the attitude that leads to almost everything that is negative about humanity.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #17196578 - 11/10/12 05:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Actually it is my business.  It's a United States, not 50 separate countries.  I don't want to pay extra in taxes to support red-states where their people are too stupid to get a job because they think jesus is going to come riding down on a cloud, and then get on his donkey with a slave laying palm leaves for a trail so the donkey doesn't get his feet dirty, to go sit on his throne in Jerusalem for 1000 years.  I prefer a more reality based system.

I don't want to pay extra taxes for them either which is why I say it should be Alabama's fucking business and only Alabama's business.  If their retards can't get jobs that shouldn't be my problem.  It should be Alabama's welfare, too.  No reason for the federal government to get involved in that, either.  The states should compete.  It will make them all stronger.
Quote:

Bush's no-child-left-behind means the dumb kids hold the whole class behind in learning so the instructors can concentrate on teaching how to memorize answers to the test which is just as bad as teaching about Jesus outside of home or church.  When I grew up in the 1950s, we were taught Latin, literature, science, mathematics, and if we were not capable of writing a coherent sentence, got our asses busted with the paddle.  Unfortunately, it's time for a return to that model before it's too late.

Do you mean Ted Kennedy's No Child Left Behind?  It is the liberals who ruined the schooling since you and I went.  Liberals and teacher unions
Quote:

Quote:

I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy

It's simple.  Voters didn't blame Obama for the economy.  It was created by Bush and the majority party in Congress who rubber-stamped his agenda for 8 years, who also ensured his policies stayed in force for the last 4 via abuse of the filibuster.  Now we just have to finish the job by tossing out the rest of the 'baggers in 2014.

Bush was a big spender.  His spending policies were decidedly liberal.  He has no resemblance to the Tea Party.  They didn't care much for Bush or any of the establishment Republican Party.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  And it wasn't Bush's policies that brought down the financial industry.  It was Clinton and Cuomo who decided that the government should lend money to bums to buy houses and then bought the paper.  Bush actually warned about it, as did Greenspan.  Do you know whoo said they were full of shit?  barney Frank and Maxine Waters.  Meanwhile Barack Obama was suing banks to lend more to losers and he is doing the same thing again.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:People who get something for nothing do not contribute to the country.  They are complete parasites.  People who don't pay taxes do not contribute to the country.  They are freeloaders.

We saw how well that line worked out for the GOP.  :lol:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

In the end it isn't going to be Republicans who get smacked by reality.  It's going to be the bums who are the Dem's base.
Quote:

First mittens called nearly every member of the US Armed Forces freeloaders, and now you.

Bullshit
Quote:

As someone who had both of his sons risking their lives in war for their country during the bush era, I and millions of others take exception to such idiocy from the wingnuts, and this is exactly why you guys lost ground in the senate and lost the presidency when it should have been a no-brainer election. :nono:

The Republicans didn't even say what I say.  The Republicans lost because they refused to promise bums as much free shit as the Dems.  Quite simple, really, and inevitable.  Soon the Republicans will start promising people free shit but it won't matter.  As it becomes more and more easy to do nothing more and more people will do nothing.  The tax base will shrink and fewer and fewer people will be drilled in the ass to pay for all the free shit.  Guess what happens next.
RR

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#17196594 - 11/10/12 05:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Woah a RR post in the pub. If I knew that was coming I would have put on clothes.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #17196624 - 11/10/12 05:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Actually it is my business.  It's a United States, not 50 separate countries.
RR

I guess you will support the federal government going after legalized marijuana in the states where it was democratically voted for then.  :smirk:

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offlinelazyfingers
grrr
Male
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes]
    #17196649 - 11/10/12 05:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The tax base will shrink and fewer and fewer people will be drilled in the ass to pay for all the free shit.  Guess what happens next.

Mad Max: Thunderdome

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes]
    #17196655 - 11/10/12 05:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What does that have to do with it?  I voted for legal pot since I live in WA.  I doubt seriously they'll go after this though.  I live in a very red county in Washington state where mittens won by a substantial amount.  However, pot won by an even greater margin.

Congress should do the right thing now and repeal federal Marijuana prohibition as well as the Harrison Act.  What otherwise law abiding people do with their own bodies is their business.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#17196666 - 11/10/12 05:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
What does that have to do with it? 
RR

It has to do with states rights.  You either are for letting states do things themselves, or you are for big Federal Nanny jumping in and doing what THEY think is best.

--------------------
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17196681 - 11/10/12 05:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

You think that the only way people can contribute to the betterment of the country is through paying taxes or working as hard as you think is enough to make them not a parasite. How about single mothers who work hard and still get some sort of assistance and raise good children who then go on to become productive members of society? I know you think that all single mothers on government assistance are sluts who are worthless parasites but right now you're talking to the product of a single mother on assistance and I know that you don't believe I'm going to become a productive member of society but that's due to your own presumptions and cynicism.

Not all single mothers are whores.  Some of them were married when they had their children and didn't remarry and the father's paid their support.  Some of them never got government assistance because they were already well established before they had children.  These are responsible people.  Pigs who have multiple children by more than one partner they were never married to and lacked any financial wherewithal are most certainly whores and parasites and losers and their children are quite likely to be exactly the same.  These are facts.
Quote:

You just seem so closed minded to things other than money that hold value and you seem to like to oversimplify human situations so that you can be cold and closed off to anyone who is having a hard time. All you care about is yourself which is the attitude that leads to almost everything that is negative about humanity.

It isn't entirely about money.  If it was all about money there would be no more poor people.  We have flushed trillions and trillions of dollars down the rat hole called the War on Poverty and not one thing has improved.  Not one thing.  It is about responsibility and ethics and consequences for bad decisions.  If there are no negative consequences for stupid, selfish decisions then why bother not making stupid selfish decisions?  There is nothing good that come of that.

Out of wedlock births are a disaster for all involved and they have skyrocketed.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/begging_for_chaos_saEx2Y3OHSWYdVIGtx3UgL

Quote:

By 2008, the situation circa 1963 looked positively Cleaver-esque. The black out-of-wedlock birthrate hit 72.3 percent; for everyone, it was 40.6 percent. This is a slow-moving social catastrophe. According to Brookings Institution scholars Ron Haskins and Isabel Sawhill, the poverty rate of married-couple families is five times lower than for female-headed families with children.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #17196694 - 11/10/12 05:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
What does that have to do with it? 
RR

It has to do with states rights.  You either are for letting states do things themselves, or you are for big Federal Nanny jumping in and doing what THEY think is best.

It is congress that needs to change the law. The justice department enforces the laws, and they aren't entitled to pick the laws they like and don't like. They can prioritize, and sometimes will be advised that  law may not be constitutional (the reason not enforcing DOMA). It is a constitutional mandate that the executive branch enforce the law.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

#17196697 - 11/10/12 05:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

And it wasn't Bush's policies that brought down the financial industry.  It was Clinton and Cuomo who decided that the government should lend money to bums to buy houses and then bought the paper.

That right wing talking point has been soundly refuted.  It was mortgage companies making loans they knew people couldn't afford to pay because they planned to bundle them up and sell the paper.  Obama, Kennedy, Reid, etc., etc., never encouraged bums being handed mortgages, but you'd never learn that from Fox news or rush and sean.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government."

Civics lesson 101:  The US isn't a democracy.  It's a republic. 

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
The tax base will shrink and fewer and fewer people will be drilled in the ass to pay for all the free shit.  Guess what happens next.

Mittens gets to pay the same tax rate I do?
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17196786 - 11/10/12 06:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

And it wasn't Bush's policies that brought down the financial industry.  It was Clinton and Cuomo who decided that the government should lend money to bums to buy houses and then bought the paper.

That right wing talking point has been soundly refuted.  It was mortgage companies making loans they knew people couldn't afford to pay because they planned to bundle them up and sell the paper.  Obama, Kennedy, Reid, etc., etc., never encouraged bums being handed mortgages, but you'd never learn that from Fox news or rush and sean.

It has most certainly not been refuted.. Not by you and not by any other liberal apologist.  Obama sued to get bums more loans. 
http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2012/09/23/obama-sued-citibank-in-1995-forcing-citibank-to-lower-their-lending-standards/

Quote:

Obama actually did have a private sector job, and he failed at that too. He filed a discrimination lawsuit on behalf of 186 clients claiming discrimination in home mortgages. Nineteen of the 186 still own a home and have a good credit rating – 19 of 186! Some of his clients are speaking out and their message: there should be a regulation against giving loans to people who can’t afford them! Obama pushed the Community Reinvestment Act, right along with Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Maxine Waters. Democrats forced banks to give mortgages to Blacks who had no credit rating, no down payment, sometimes no job. The Bush administration tried 17 times to force Democrats to moderate the risks of these through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/102011-588856-wall-street-did-it-.htm

Quote:

But based on the number of toxic loans in the system in 2008, the government was responsible for not just a simple majority, but more than two-thirds. It's quantifiable — 71% to be exact (see chart). And the remaining 29% of private-label junk was mostly attributable to Countrywide Financial, which was under the heel of HUD and its "fair-lending" edicts.

Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government."

Civics lesson 102:

It is a representative democracy.  The bums are voting themselves largesse.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Mittens gets to pay the same tax rate I do?
RR

Beats me.  What is your total income and what taxes do you pay?

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#17196811 - 11/10/12 06:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:

RR

You are 100% correct.  The democracy exists at the STATE LEVEL.  That is why it is important that people in THE STATES decide what their schools are like, whether they have medical marijuana, etc.  If the federal government decides, you lose your democratic choice.

The problem is, you can't pick and choose what state rights there are--that was defined in the constitution.  And that's the fundamental problem with the Republican and democrap parties--they want states rights except for issues that THEY DONT AGREE WITH.

--------------------

OfflineRon
Choppa

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes] * 1
    #17196834 - 11/10/12 06:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #17196860 - 11/10/12 06:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

RogerRabbit said:

RR

You are 100% correct.  The democracy exists at the STATE LEVEL.  That is why it is important that people in THE STATES decide what their schools are like, whether they have medical marijuana, etc.  If the federal government decides, you lose your democratic choice.

The problem is, you can't pick and choose what state rights there are--that was defined in the constitution.  And that's the fundamental problem with the Republican and democrap parties--they want states rights except for issues that THEY DONT AGREE WITH.

Well, federal drug laws have been held up for a century in the courts. They are unquestionably constitutional,,unless you think you know something that four generations of constitutional law experts don't.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale