Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Lynnch]
    #17192819 - 11/09/12 08:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
Hahaha ok, deny simple obvious truths. Without educated workers and roads, you would not be in business. Or would you prefer to pay the cost of individually k-15 educating every employee you need?

It is a simple truth that the education system is an abject failure and has been so more and more as the federal government has gotten involved.  It should not be a federal concern at all.  I'm not even sure it should be a government concern.  If you have a kid you should pay for it.  If I don't I shouldn't.  Most rivate schools are much better, cheaper, and more accountable and if you don't like one you can go to another.  The same goes for roads. 

Why do you keep babbling about roads?  They are an almost invisible part of the budget.
Quote:

And you STILL havent answered my question. What are your guys giving me for my tax contribution? A standing army? That hardly puts food on my plate.

A standing army is obviously the purview of the federal government.  Put your own fucking food on your plate.  You are really making my argument extremely well, i.e. that the Dems are the party of bums and panhandlers.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #17192835 - 11/09/12 08:45 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
that the Dems are the party of bums and panhandlers.

its this sort of aggressive and in your face mentality that the GOP needs to embrace in order to win the next election. demonizing poor people and people that vote dem is the best way to get your political views heard and accepted. Keep up the strong work!!!

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #17192843 - 11/09/12 08:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha I'm trying to fucking help you. Yet you still can't give me ONE DAMN REASON why I would ever want to vote republican. It's sad at this point.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Lynnch]
    #17192851 - 11/09/12 08:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

would it be wrong to say that anybody who is fundamentally democratic or republican should be swiftly kicked in the vagina and never be  allowed to touch or even think politics (hence, ending their existence, because all they know is politics)? then I think, the country would see change.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: pfxtc]
    #17192859 - 11/09/12 08:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

But its a two party system :lol:

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#17192865 - 11/09/12 08:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
But its a two party system :lol:

Exactly :suicide:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: pfxtc]
    #17192870 - 11/09/12 08:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 11:00 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: SlashOZ]
    #17192875 - 11/09/12 08:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
that the Dems are the party of bums and panhandlers.

its this sort of aggressive and in your face mentality that the GOP needs to embrace in order to win the next election. demonizing poor people and people that vote dem is the best way to get your political views heard and accepted. Keep up the strong work!!!

If they don't why should I bother with them?

How have I demonized poor people?  Not everybody who is poor is a bum or a panhandler.  I been broke.  Didn't ask for anything but a job.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17192893 - 11/09/12 08:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
Hahaha I'm trying to fucking help you. Yet you still can't give me ONE DAMN REASON why I would ever want to vote republican. It's sad at this point.

You should vote Republican if you believe that the best way to prosperity is not through enabling the population to be children.  I don't want your help any more than I want the government's.  It is wrongly applied and of no use.

--------------------

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #17192910 - 11/09/12 08:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
I am fundamentally a Democrat, because I believe in 95% of the Democratic party's platform.

I think that its OK if someone is Republican, and OK if someone is a Democrat, same with any other party.

If our ideas don't work, then other, better ones will win out. That's just the way the world works.

I very much agree with this. What is extremely negative is when you rely on the views an outside group to form your opinions and shape all your beliefs to match theirs just for the purpose of reducing your cognitive dissonance. I don't see what's so negative about forming your own opinions and then aligning yourself with the party that most closely matches your own personal beliefs. :shrug:

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17192915 - 11/09/12 09:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You should vote Republican if you believe that the best way to prosperity is not through enabling the population to be children.  I don't want your help any more than I want the government's.  It is wrongly applied and of no use.

What's the point of living together in a society if we're not going to help each other? :confused:

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17192929 - 11/09/12 09:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:
I am fundamentally a Democrat, because I believe in 95% of the Democratic party's platform.

I think that its OK if someone is Republican, and OK if someone is a Democrat, same with any other party.

If our ideas don't work, then other, better ones will win out. That's just the way the world works.

I very much agree with this. What is extremely negative is when you rely on the views an outside group to form your opinions and shape all your beliefs to match theirs just for the purpose of reducing your cognitive dissonance. I don't see what's so negative about forming your own opinions and then aligning yourself with the party that most closely matches your own personal beliefs. :shrug:

It's my personal belief that grouping of individuals into parties like the democrats/republicans/republicrats is just another way for people to be labeled and separated, and in the end the voice of the individual is completely lost and forgotten. I think that this country only ever has 2 choices every 4 years is a complete travesty, and I think that the choices made probably don't even have real significance in the first place, which is even further a travesty. Do people really think that if Romney was elected, that their life would be any different? I've been on this planet for 22 years and not once do I ever recall the president actually affecting my day to day life, maybe I'm just weird or too young.

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

What's the point of living together in a society if we're not going to help each other? :confused:

Everyone is forced into it :lol: Maybe that's why there's so many problems?

Edited by pfxtc (11/09/12 09:04 PM)

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17192942 - 11/09/12 09:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Oh thank god, there is light at the end of the tunnel. OK. I can understand that.  I just disagree that providing help and opportunities turns the population into children. And I think you do want the governments help, you just won't admit it.  I'd suggest that you swallow your pride and figure out how to correctly apply the government to help you (and therefore everyone) instead of fighting it.

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: pfxtc]
    #17192955 - 11/09/12 09:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
It's my personal belief that grouping of individuals into parties like the democrats/republicans/republicrats is just another way for people to be labeled and separated, and in the end the voice of the individual is completely lost and forgotten.

You know what, I actually fully agree with this part of your post. It's something I wasn't really considering in my reply but it's a very insightful analysis of the problems that come when people label themselves and break off into groups. In-group/out-group situations are usually very damaging to intergroup relations and allow people to stop thinking for themselves.

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Everyone is forced into it :lol: Maybe that's why there's so many problems?

That's how a societal group has to work, though. You do your fair share, taxes for example, and then beyond that you can seclude yourself or decide to involve yourself and help others beyond the minimum. If you're going to benefit from the societal structures that are in place then you need to put something into it. (Here comes zappa with his insults about how tit sucking liberals don't contribute to the system, only business owners like him do. :rolleyes:)

--------------------
Sapere aude

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Lynnch] * 1
    #17192987 - 11/09/12 09:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:

No shit, most of us are trying to help him. His anti Obama ism is about as one sided as my anti Bush ism. I can at least admit Bush did two good things in his presidency, and they are ALL on this list:

http://useconomy.about.com/od/fiscalpolicy/p/bush_tax_rebate.htm

Even after we found no WMDs, Zapp still backs Bush's invasion of Iraq, even though the U.N. could have found some other country to remove Saddam from power. Oh well, one way Zappas lost the right sided election and hes got too many oil hoarding policies shoved in his ear to understand Republican horse shit like his will lose the next race also.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #17193265 - 11/09/12 10:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Lynnch said:
Hahaha ok, deny simple obvious truths. Without educated workers and roads, you would not be in business. Or would you prefer to pay the cost of individually k-15 educating every employee you need?

It is a simple truth that the education system is an abject failure and has been so more and more as the federal government has gotten involved.  It should not be a federal concern at all.  I'm not even sure it should be a government concern.  If you have a kid you should pay for it.  If I don't I shouldn't.  Most rivate schools are much better, cheaper, and more accountable and if you don't like one you can go to another.  The same goes for roads. 

Why do you keep babbling about roads?  They are an almost invisible part of the budget.
Quote:

And you STILL havent answered my question. What are your guys giving me for my tax contribution? A standing army? That hardly puts food on my plate.

A standing army is obviously the purview of the federal government.  Put your own fucking food on your plate.  You are really making my argument extremely well, i.e. that the Dems are the party of bums and panhandlers.

The federal governement is involved in schools more now than in the past because fucking red states were graduating (not really, the drop out rate in red states is ridiculous) retarded children who think gravity is a liberal conspiracy and the earth is 5800 years old. Where I live, the public schools are better than the private schools.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods] * 1
    #17193287 - 11/09/12 10:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Bush did all the fucked up shit that lead to the bad economy, no one could pull it out of the tank any faster.  I think Obama did a decent job of his first term, now it gets serious tho.

--------------------
:awesome:

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #17193386 - 11/09/12 10:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Irishdrunk said:
Bush did all the fucked up shit that lead to the bad economy, no one could pull it out of the tank any faster.  I think Obama did a decent job of his first term, now it gets serious tho.

:trollmove:

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: pfxtc]
    #17193825 - 11/10/12 01:21 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 11:00 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #17193856 - 11/10/12 01:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The crazies got their dream president, who provided them with an expensive and unjustifiable war. Now we got our guy in, so we're going to buy ourselves something nice, and those who don't like it can suck it.

A little helpful tip for the right:

Next election cycle, just keep your crazies (Bachman, Santorum, Gingrich, etc) down in the basement where they belong. Stop parading them around, reminding people that you are the party of batshit crazy sociopaths.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate