Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCuriousAmanitas
MushroomHead
Male

Loc: Washington State
Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens
    #17181444 - 11/07/12 08:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So I recently have been able to go out mushroom hunting and have been able to try Psilocybe Cyanescens, and Psilocybe Azurescens. I have already had experience with Psilocybe Cubensis, and was curious if anyone noticed a distinct difference in between strains. Me and my friend have noticed that Cubensis causes an insane in the brain kind of trip, where Cyanescens were more of a body type high and less mentally straining (seems contradictory to a lot of posts I've read that says cyans were extremely potent, not sure if we have only picked a weak strain), and Azurescans were a distinctly clearer mental trip, that seems to make it easier to navigate your inner brain. My question then is has anyone else experienced differences in the trip type between strains, haven't been able to find much mention of it online. Anyone with experience in other strains please respond too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: CuriousAmanitas]
    #17181780 - 11/07/12 09:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yes

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineCuriousAmanitas
MushroomHead
Male

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: HarryL]
    #17188268 - 11/09/12 02:00 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone experience trips with other strains then i mentioned and if so how were they different. Just curious about all of these magical fungi

Edited by CuriousAmanitas (11/09/12 02:16 AM)

OfflinetweekingTwak
shroomery sage

#17188480 - 11/09/12 03:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hmm cubes tend to always be on bottom compared to other things...

one big factor is they are way more potent and another is wood growing things feel abit differnt

--------------------

Invisiblein the freezer
Male

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: tweekingTwak]
    #17188806 - 11/09/12 05:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

There is a difference between Psilocybe Cyanescens and Panaeolus Cyanescens. The latter being a lot more potent than cubes and Psilocybe Cyanescens I believe.

Edited by in the freezer (11/09/12 05:56 AM)

OfflineCuriousAmanitas
MushroomHead
Male

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: in the freezer]
    #17189218 - 11/09/12 08:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ya i think only Psilocybe Cyanescens grows in the PNW

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#17189353 - 11/09/12 09:11 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

cyanescens and azurescens are both about 2 times as strong as cubensis. Thereabouts anyways.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineCuriousAmanitas
MushroomHead
Male

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: nicechrisman]
    #17189480 - 11/09/12 09:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

They may be stronger but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas why a Azure or Cyan trip feels distinctly different than a cube trip, even if you double the dose of cubes to match the cyans/azures. Have tripped on all of them at least 4 times, and the differences seem to remain consistent.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#17189503 - 11/09/12 09:43 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

might be the baocistin content?

Azurescens tend to give some people muscle spasms and even partial paralysis. Uncommon, but documented. Some think it's the baocistin, some think it's from some type of bacteria that gets on them (I only eat nice pretty freshies, not those gross mushy ones), nobody really seems to know for sure.

I've had a little leg cramping on them before, but nothing major. It was kinda more interesting than anything

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineCuriousAmanitas
MushroomHead
Male

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: nicechrisman]
    #17189519 - 11/09/12 09:47 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Nah I never touch mushy ones, this year wasn't the best for a lot of my patches though :frown: Ya your probably right Baocystin hasn't been studied nearly as well as Psilocybin or Psilocin.

OfflinetweekingTwak
shroomery sage

#17190100 - 11/09/12 11:48 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah he said psilo if you read original post come to think about it pan cyans where way smoother then cubes but its hard to remember that ways many moons ago in amsterdamn the second muhsrooms i had the first were truffles

now i think truffles have higher content of that stuff when fresh and i cant say they make the weird cube feeling when i had cubes for the first time i was like meh and missed what i had in amsterdamn i didnt touch cubes while there i knew better lol

you really need to try ovoids they feel better specially fresh for psilocybes i think they are the best but i like gyms even more

--------------------

OfflineCuriousAmanitas
MushroomHead
Male

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: tweekingTwak]
    #17190469 - 11/09/12 12:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Damn ya I want to try as many different strains as I can, unfortunately when I was in Amsterdam it was before my shrooming days, and I just went to the coffee shops, would love to visit the smart shops now, though I don't know if their new tourist ban on cannabis there applies to Shrooms as well.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

#17191682 - 11/09/12 04:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Different strains of psychoactive mushrooms have different levels of psilocin, psilocybin, baeocystin and possibly other psychedelic analogs, which each have their own unique pharmacology. It is disputed whether psilocybin is active in its own right, or whether the effects are merely from the dephosphorylation of psilocybin into psilocin, which seems to make the most sense.

The result of this would be that mushroom species with higher levels of psilocybin versus psilocin are likely to give a slightly longer, milder trip (which is not necessarily a bad thing at all) whereas ones with high concentrations of psilocin aside from the psilocybin are likely to have more intense but short-lived effects. Other active compounds are likely to play a role in the overall experience as well.

Because of this, many people notice a large difference between the effects of various mushroom species, even though the alkaloids are technically all the same.

Also, the mushrooms themselves may be slightly structurally different which may affect the rate at which they (and the alkaloids they contain) are metabolized. This can also change the overall experience - much in the same way as making tea has a different effect than consuming the mushrooms themselves.

Here's some data regarding the various psilocin/psilocybin content found in various species of mushrooms.

OfflineCuriousAmanitas
MushroomHead
Male

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: Magick]
    #17191717 - 11/09/12 04:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Wow thanks a lot this is some cool info. That would make since that by having more psilocybn would make it longer because it has to convert to psilocin, therefore changing the trip.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: Difference between Cubensis, Cyanescans, Azurescens [Re: Magick]
    #17192105 - 11/09/12 06:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

In my personal experiences, I have found cyanescens to be much more of a 'mindfuck' than cubensis in a "normal" (level 2 to level 3) trip - cubensis seem to have a much clearer trip, wherein I was definitely tripping, but was still able to keep composure when required and maintain a relatively normal way of thinking/acting. The cyanescens would generally start off very strong and wane into a comfortable trip later on in time, whereas cubensis - while very trippy at some points, seemed to have a much more smooth duration/intensity. Cyanescens also seemed to have a bit shorter of a duration than cubensis, dropping me back on Planet Earth more quickly than cubensis which seemed to linger, a little bit.

I noted that semilanceata seemed to have a long duration of action, despite having done tea. I know I spent the entire day at a friend's house tripping- some more people showed up about 6 hours later and I was still definitely feeling it, though was able to focus and communicate quite effectively by that point. They were also always quite strong - the trip feels clean, yet thinking is definitely not straight-forward on liberty caps - eg: speech and communication do not seem to be hindered, but more complex tasks like playing board games or the like seemed to be out of the question.

From these experiences, I have gathered that:
* High ratios of psilocin result in a strong, mind-blowing very psychedelic experience, which are also relatively short-lived.
* High ratios of psilocybin result in a more level-headed, drawn out trip. The mind seems clearer in comparison to psilocin.
* Baeocystin seems to provide a different aspect to the trip, perhaps more to do with the ability to think in a linear motion than with any strictly psychedelic effects.

I did my best to draw charts of the duration/intensity I experienced with these species:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale