Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods]
    #17191640 - 11/09/12 04:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
No, fox is a whole different animal. They are actively misinforming their viewers in order to shape politcal outcomes. I know this sounds like a standard liberal talking point, but this election has proven it true. In four years, I have never seen Obama covered on Fox where they didn't take a swipe, downplay Obama positive stories, or create doubt about him or his policies.

I'm guessing you slept through the months leading up to the election.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #17191701 - 11/09/12 04:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone see the new south park. I think they hit the nail on the head.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #17191725 - 11/09/12 04:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

koods said:
No, fox is a whole different animal. They are actively misinforming their viewers in order to shape politcal outcomes. I know this sounds like a standard liberal talking point, but this election has proven it true. In four years, I have never seen Obama covered on Fox where they didn't take a swipe, downplay Obama positive stories, or create doubt about him or his policies.

I'm guessing you slept through the months leading up to the election.

Because?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods]
    #17191764 - 11/09/12 05:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Well, the bank bailout was a bush policy. The stimulus was Obama. But, when Obama took office job loses were happening at an accelerating rate. You cannot simply look at the net jobs, you can see that the stimulus and decreasing job loss are correlated in time.

You didn't answer my question, though. How debt reduction will get us to full recovery.

yes I did. I answered it by pointing out that NON debt reduction will get into a lot of problems. How will debt reduction get us out of this mess? The only answer to that question is corporate America. Corporate America relies on the Federal Reserve too much. The amount of shares the government buys of corporate American makes the government the prime share holder of most companies. Is it retarded? Yes. Is it stupid that Corporations are so relied on when small and medium businesses could easily rely on their own capital and banks loans without people needing some type of corporate dependence? Yes it is. But it's the truth.

None the less spend a holic Obama isn't going to get us out of this mess bailing out corporations. The fact is whether PEOPLE need government reduced spending or not, the government will come TAKE what people own if they don't get their money back, one way or another. It's funny how people think Bush was so for rich people, yet his tax cuts for the wealthy were ridiculous, it was like a 10% reduction there wasn't much of a reduction to blame the tax cuts for American's problems. The other main issue is the stupid lending housing market. And that process hasn't changed much.

So will debt reduction stop unemployment? No, but it will stop the government from CREATING unemployment. If people have money, they will buy houses, etc. However yes, having a government business capital venture circulation so that in some Ponzi scheme a persons capital venture for their business up the chain relies more on government funding because the bank you get your money from is funded by the government, then it does on getting it directly who they are getting it from, won't help much. If more people had 'friends' who owned large businesses that gave personal loans to friends to start their business, and asked for returned interest on the loan, then everything would be alright. It happens all the time, so it's not a big deal. But the entire country can't depend on that.

Sorry, the banks will get everyone out of this mess, and the banks are too tied directly to the government or indirectly to the government, to fail, and allow the country to still succeed. And either way the government will find a way to take their lost interest.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflineMescalean
Burke is love, burke is life.

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: imachavel]
    #17191802 - 11/09/12 05:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the whole "everyone should own a home" bs partly to blame? That started with good ol' bill.

--------------------
FREE BURKE

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17191816 - 11/09/12 05:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Will you look at the god damn facts rather than just listening to pundits? :lol: The economy is on the upswing, of course he couldn't singlehandedly fix this economic mess in only four years.

The economy is NOT on the upswing.  2% annual growth does not even keep pace with population growth.

The DOW is off 3% since Tuesday

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/grusbf5/good-morning-america-heres-those-layoffs-you-voted

Quote:

Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn, a company that manufactures medical diagnostic equipment in central New York, announced in September that they would be laying off 275 employees, or roughly 10% of their workforce over the next three years.  One of the major reasons discussed for the layoffs was a proactive response to the Medical Device Tax mandated by the new healthcare law.

Dana Holding Corp.

As recently as a week ago, a global auto parts manufacturing company in Ohio known as Dana Holding Corp., warned their employees of potential layoffs, citing "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses".  After laying off several white collar staffers, company insiders have hinted at more to come.  The company will have to cover the additional $24 million cost somehow, which will likely equate to numerous cuts in their current workforce of 25,500 worldwide. 

Stryker

One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December.  Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific

In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company.  Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while simultaneously shifting investments and workers overseas - to China.

Medtronic

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs.  That plan became reality when the company cut 500 positions over the summer, with another 500 set for the end of 2013. 

Others

A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:

Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
    Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
    Covidien - 595 layoffs
    Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
    St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
    Hill Rom - 200 layoffs

Beyond the complete elimination of a significant number of American jobs is another looming problem created by the health care law - a shift from full-time to part-time workers.

Sean Hackbarth of Free Enterprise explains:

A JP Morgan economist "points out that 8.3 million people are working in part-time jobs even though they'd prefer full-time work. Unfortunately, because of President Obama’s health care law, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), workers in the hotel, restaurant, and retail industries could be pushed into part-time jobs working less than 30 hours per week."

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid=148&title=utah-company-blames-president-obama-for-102-workers-laid-off&s_cid=featured-4

Quote:

A Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/record-704-million-enrolled-medicaid-2011-1-out-every-5-americans

Quote:

A record 70.4 million people were enrolled in the Medicaid health care program for the poor in fiscal year 2011, according to government figures provided to CNSNews.com.

That figure equals about 22 percent of the population, which means there was one person on Medicaid for every 5 Americans in 2011.

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Mescalean]
    #17191833 - 11/09/12 05:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mescalean said:
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the whole "everyone should own a home" bs partly to blame? That started with good ol' bill.

Oh dont bring slick willie into this.. :billclinton: damn, no bill clinton gremelin..

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Mescalean]
    #17191863 - 11/09/12 05:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mescalean said:

Listen if everyone doesn't own a home where in the fuck should they live? Also to go along with government debt causing unemployment, I'm not going to say that policies cause public sector debt. But don't forget the CRA was government created and Dodd Frank was a big fail that goes along with how government policies create too much control and screw everything up.

The only hope is the government reforming itself in terms of it's financial sector and policies that say everyone needs a house but shouldn't pay for it. And if you believe government debt shouldn't interfere with private capital gains then all the better reason to get a screw head like Obama out who thinks that every time the public sector fails a little, that he is going to go insane on enacting policies to screw the public and end up spending more money and usually make citizens pay for it. If there was a way to recovery without reducing government debt, I'd be all for it. But no one is following suit.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17191868 - 11/09/12 05:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Aiko Aiko said:
Quote:

Mescalean said:

Oh dont bring slick willie into this.. :billclinton: damn, no bill clinton gremelin..

what was Romney's stance on that he wanted to re regulate that policy?

--------------------

OfflineMescalean

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: imachavel]
    #17191871 - 11/09/12 05:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"Listen if everyone doesn't own a home where in the fuck should they live?"

lol it's called an apartment bro...

--------------------
FREE BURKE

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#17191878 - 11/09/12 05:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mescalean said:
"Listen if everyone doesn't own a home where in the fuck should they live?"

lol it's called an apartment bro...

lol you can buy an apartment to yourself too or didn't you know? Are you pointing out that rent is for those who can't pay to own? But that does not change between a house and apartment. Unless you forced condo complex owners to only be able to rent out instead of sell out. More policies enabled?

--------------------

OfflineMescalean

#17191887 - 11/09/12 05:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

u mad bro?

--------------------
FREE BURKE

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17191913 - 11/09/12 05:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The Dow is up 68% from the day he took office. You have to go back to Eisenhower to find a republican who had stock market returns like that in his first four years.

By the way, after 8 years what did Wall Street get from Bush. A 5% loss. The democrats record on stock performance blows republicans away. It's not even close. 250% better.

As for housing policy, it was Bush that promoted the ownership society.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineMescalean

#17191939 - 11/09/12 05:45 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

buuuuut u guise what about the drones and raids and our gunz?

--------------------
FREE BURKE

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#17191944 - 11/09/12 05:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Almost all the attempts to support failing businesses succeeded. The only argument against it left is the moral hazard one, and I don't see anyone bailing anyone anymore. It was done at the time because a judgement was made that not doing so would be worse. Much of the public money has been recouped. I'm not sure what the problem is.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineMescalean

#17191971 - 11/09/12 05:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the problem is obama trying to peep my sack with those fucking drones thats what the problem is

--------------------
FREE BURKE

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #17191981 - 11/09/12 05:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I think conservatives who can't believe that Obama won need to understand that they have been so thoroughly lied to and conditioned to not trust any source that may challenge their assumption, their entire worldview no longer matches reality.

as opposed to liberals who's world views have never matched reality

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17191999 - 11/09/12 05:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
The Dow is up 68% from the day he took office. You have to go back to Eisenhower to find a republican who had stock market returns like that in his first four years.

The DJIA was over 14,000 in 2008
Quote:

By the way, after 8 years what did Wall Street get from Bush. A 5% loss. The democrats record on stock performance blows republicans away. It's not even close. 250% better.

When Bush took office and the Republicans held Congress in 2000 the DJIA was 9796.  In October of 2008 it was over 14,000.  After 2 years of Dem Congress and Obama election it fell to 6,500 in March of 2009. 

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/historical/djia2000.html
Quote:

As for housing policy, it was Bush that promoted the ownership society.

It was Clinton and Cuomo who did that, vastly expanding the reach of the CRA and exploding Fannie and Freddy.  Bush actually tried to rein it in but was poohpoohed by the likes of Barney Frank and Maxine Waters and the banks were sued to do even more by Barack Hussein Obama.  There would have been NO fiscal crisis if not for the fact that bums did not pay their notes.  There is no such thing as predatory lending, only predatory borrowing.  Borrowers get their money up front. 
The Dow has not recovered and it is speaking quite clearly this week.

--------------------

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #17192002 - 11/09/12 06:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

When I saw Rove arguing with FOX News over who won Ohio I knew god had answereed my prayers!  2 terms for Mr Kenyan Muslim! :awesome:

--------------------
:awesome:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #17192004 - 11/09/12 06:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Rove's day is done.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom