Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: imachavel]
    #17197416 - 11/10/12 10:00 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

No it doesn't.  The baby boomers are starting to flood it and life expectancy has increased drastically.  There is nothing there that says it will cost less money than it does now.  Nothing.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: imachavel]
    #17197417 - 11/10/12 10:00 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I say, the first thing they do to save SS is to quit looting it to pay for other government stuff.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #17197428 - 11/10/12 10:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Ok let me simplify this

YOU AND ROMNEY REPRESENT EVERY RIGHT SIDED FREAK OUT THERE. WHETHER YOU ARE RUNNING FOR ELECTION OR NOT, YOUR IDEAS REPRESENT EVERY ROMNEY OUT THERE, YOU ARE PRETTY MUCH MITT ROMNEY, AND YOU RIGHT FREAKS LOST THE ELECTION FOR OBVIOUS REASONS, AS DEMONSTRATED BY ALL OF YOU ON THIS FORUM JUST ABOUT

:creepylurker:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes]
    #17197435 - 11/10/12 10:03 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
I say, the first thing they do to save SS is to quit looting it to pay for other government stuff.

That would be a good start.  A tad late but a start back to fiscal sanity........

Wait................

What did I say?...............

Fiscal sanity?............

In a country that just re-elected a fiscal lunatic?

Never gonna happen.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes] * 1
    #17197437 - 11/10/12 10:03 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Would be easier if these fuckwits didn't keep cutting taxes on their buddies.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #17197446 - 11/10/12 10:05 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

it would be easier if they didn't spend our tax money like I used to spend my Navy pay in Thailand Whorehouses.  :smirk:

--------------------
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #17197455 - 11/10/12 10:07 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

49% of the tax filers don't pay federal income tax.  Are those the buddies you speak of?

--------------------

OfflineblueIdevil
Stranger
Male

Loc: Portcouver, Oreton
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes] * 2
    #17197481 - 11/10/12 10:11 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

The whole fucking monetary system is based on debt and illusions of value. Until the basic system is fixed. twisting knobs on a radio doesn't turn it into a television. Left/Right bitching won't fix that very basic problem.

--------------------
In their daily life, all are braver than they know...
-Henry David Thoreau

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying... Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes]
    #17197491 - 11/10/12 10:13 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

it would be easier if they didn't spend our tax money like I used to spend my Navy pay in Thailand Whorehouses.  :smirk:

Would be easier if they didn't spend our tax money on stupid shit like Obama care and Syria. The fact is they are going to have raise taxes to make up for the debt. The ceiling can't continue into infinity without our credit being ruined. Except other countries are like on our cock anyway so maybe it doesn't matter. But reasonably our credit should be worth lame shit, and tax hikes should be going for all classes right about now, and if so welcome to eventual hyper inflation. Any questions? They can't keep raising the debt ceiling.

--------------------
The point to meditating is to feel the same when you are meditation as when you aren't. To be balanced inside and out. Difficult to do when being aware of breath and sensation. However, not impossible. Feeling ok about yourself at all times seems to be a great difficult skill to master. The concept so simple a snail could understand it. To practice it some of the greatest Albert Einstein type minds couldn't master it.

It's like the trick to human problems is to be even more human. Not less human but as human as possible, only understanding human nature.

Understanding subtleties is hard. What is subtle? Subtle is powerful. Atoms are subtle. Atoms make up everything we are. Understanding subtleties is one of the hardest parts of life.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying... Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: blueIdevil]
    #17197498 - 11/10/12 10:14 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blueIdevil said:
The whole fucking monetary system is based on debt and illusions of value. Until the basic system is fixed. twisting knobs on a radio doesn't turn it into a television. Left/Right bitching won't fix that very basic problem.

Any ideas?

--------------------
The point to meditating is to feel the same when you are meditation as when you aren't. To be balanced inside and out. Difficult to do when being aware of breath and sensation. However, not impossible. Feeling ok about yourself at all times seems to be a great difficult skill to master. The concept so simple a snail could understand it. To practice it some of the greatest Albert Einstein type minds couldn't master it.

It's like the trick to human problems is to be even more human. Not less human but as human as possible, only understanding human nature.

Understanding subtleties is hard. What is subtle? Subtle is powerful. Atoms are subtle. Atoms make up everything we are. Understanding subtleties is one of the hardest parts of life.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #17197499 - 11/10/12 10:14 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

49% of the tax filers don't pay federal income tax.  Are those the buddies you speak of?

I'm talking about corporate tax loopholes and the capital gains tax. I'm also talking about Republicans who begin costly wars contracted to their vice presidents' companies by day while moonlighting on the fiscal-responsibility circuit. I'm sure Romney's corruption would have been less spectacular but no less the beating heart of his administration.

Republicans, lol. It wouldn't be so easy to line up with the Democrats if it weren't for these guys.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17197525 - 11/10/12 10:19 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

koods said:

The federal governement is involved in schools more now than in the past because fucking red states were graduating (not really, the drop out rate in red states is ridiculous) retarded children who think gravity is a liberal conspiracy and the earth is 5800 years old. Where I live, the public schools are better than the private schools.

Sure they are.  That's why people are paying extra money on top of the taxes they pay that support the public schools to avoid them. 

Why should I give a fuck what Alabama's kids are taught?  I live in NY. 

http://www.oms.nysed.gov/press/GraduationRates.2011.html
Quote:

Graduation rates for the state’s Big 5 city school districts have increased overall during the past six years, and all except Buffalo improved over last year (but note: Buffalo’s decrease was caused primarily by a change in its cohort size). Graduation rates in the Big 5 for the 2006 cohort are as follows:

Buffalo: 47.4%  (down from 53.1% for the 2005 cohort)
    New York City: 61%  (up from 59% for the 2005 cohort)
    Rochester: 46.1%  (up from 42.1% for the 2005 cohort)
    Syracuse: 45.9%  (up from 45.2% for the 2005 cohort)
    Yonkers: 63.2%  (up from 58.1% for the 2005 cohort)

How about Chicago Obama's adopted hometown where he was a big shot community organizer?

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2011/11/07/high-dropout-rate-chicago-schools

Quote:

Nearly 40 percent of Chicago Public School students drop out.

We have 50 states, each of which has 100s of school districts.  Why does the federal government think there has to be one uniform school curriculum to suit all of the tens of thousands of school districts?  If the people of Kansas want their kids to be taught creationism it's none of my business and none of your business.

O.o

You do realize most of the schools you listed have greater than 40% dropout rates.

Yes.  That was my point.  Those are NOT red state schools

georgia was forced to adjust by the feds this year to include our dropouts
which dropped out average graduation rate to 67.7%, decatur hig school which
is 90% black holds an 88% graduation rate. in 2005 our graduation rate across
the state was 80%

glad I live in a red state

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#17197546 - 11/10/12 10:23 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
I'm talking about corporate tax loopholes and the capital gains tax.

show us these corporate tax loop holes

Quote:

I'm also talking about Republicans who begin costly wars contracted to their vice presidents' companies by day while moonlighting on the fiscal-responsibility circuit.

what about the democrats that did the same for nearly 200 years

dick cheney wasnt with haliburton when he was the VP and your statement reads
as complete ignorance. the nation doesnt contract a war to a corporation

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17197552 - 11/10/12 10:24 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

I'm talking about corporate tax loopholes and the capital gains tax. I'm also talking about Republicans who begin costly wars contracted to their vice presidents' companies by day while moonlighting on the fiscal-responsibility circuit. I'm sure Romney's corruption would have been less spectacular but no less the beating heart of his administration.

Republicans, lol. It wouldn't be so easy to line up with the Democrats if it weren't for these guys.

The Democrats overwhelmingly voted for both wars  There has never been one single taint of corruption on Romney.  The capital gains tax is lower than income tax because the corporate tax rate is the highest in the developed world.  Some companies get loopholes, as often provided by Dems as by Reps.  They should be gone, as should any subsidies to green energy and farmers.  All gone.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17197702 - 11/10/12 10:53 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
the state was 80%

You guys need to stop making shit up. In reality, most red states are on par with blue states, but the southern tier are outliers and are actually some of the worst performers.

Maybe you meant you are glad you live in a red state where you aren't bound to facts based in reality.

Averaged freshman graduation rate for public high school students / 2008-09

Yellow under 70%.  Light Blue 70-80%.  Blue over 80%

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods]
    #17197730 - 11/10/12 10:59 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

When I went into the Navy years ago, New Mexico turned out people in the top 20% of navy inductees.  Glad to see it has been dumbed down by years of idiotic liberal education policy.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods]
    #17197746 - 11/10/12 11:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
the state was 80%

You guys need to stop making shit up. In reality, most red states are on par with blue states, but the southern tier are outliers and are actually some of the worst performers.

Maybe you meant you are glad you live in a red state where you aren't bound to facts based in reality.

Averaged freshman graduation rate for public high school students / 2008-09

Yellow under 70%.  Light Blue 70-80%.  Blue over 80%

FRESHMEN DONT GRADUATE HIGHSCHOOL, SENIORS DO

it's also great if you source your shit so we can see which fictitious crap you pulled it from

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17197778 - 11/10/12 11:06 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/under-new-formula-georgia-graduation-rate-reset-to/nQSwk/

Quote:

Nearly a third of all Georgia students fail to finish high school in four years – a fact unveiled Tuesday as states come on board with a new single system for calculating high school graduation rates.

Under the new federally mandated formula, Georgia's 2011 graduation rate has been reset at 67.4 percent. That's well-below the 80 percent graduation rate that the old formula produced -- an accomplishment politicians have pointed to as a bright spot in the state's academic record and a reason for companies to do business in Georgia.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-31/news/ct-met-grad-rates-1031-20111031_1_graduation-rates-new-graduation-high-schools
Quote:

Despite its academic struggles, North Chicago Community High School could count on at least one piece of good news: Students were getting their diplomas. The school reported a 90.3 percent graduation rate in 2010.

But in 2011, the figure plummeted to 50.2 percent, a dismal picture created by a new formula that more accurately tracks how many ninth-graders graduate within four years. The new method, required by the federal government, was used for the first time this year in Illinois, with sobering results: Across the state, about 75 percent of high schools saw small dips to big drops in graduation rates, causing educators to adjust to a new reality.

OfflineblueIdevil
Stranger
Male

Loc: Portcouver, Oreton
    #17198381 - 11/11/12 01:12 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel] said:
Any ideas?

I wish I did, but at the moment I can't nail it down. I'll get back to you.

--------------------
In their daily life, all are braver than they know...
-Henry David Thoreau

Edited by blueIdevil (11/11/12 01:55 AM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #17198517 - 11/11/12 01:52 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

The image is hot linked, so you can right click and see its source, but here you go anyways.
http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/ ; US department of education.

Freshman graduation rate... You really can't figure that one out?
FRESHMEN SHOULD GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL AFTER FOUR YEARS
THIS CHART TELLS YOU THE PERCENTAGE THAT DO!!!!

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom