Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods]
    #17196866 - 11/10/12 08:14 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

RogerRabbit said:

Civics lesson 101:  The US isn't a democracy.  It's a republic. 

RR

You are 100% correct.  The democracy exists at the STATE LEVEL.  That is why it is important that people in THE STATES decide what their schools are like, whether they have medical marijuana, etc.  If the federal government decides, you lose your democratic choice.

The problem is, you can't pick and choose what state rights there are--that was defined in the constitution.  And that's the fundamental problem with the Republican and democrap parties--they want states rights except for issues that THEY DONT AGREE WITH.

Well, federal drug laws have been held up for a century in the courts. They are unquestionably constitutional,,unless you think you know something that four generations of constitutional law experts don't.

Completely missing the point.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes]
    #17196869 - 11/10/12 08:14 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
You are 100% correct.  The democracy exists at the STATE LEVEL.  That is why it is important that people in THE STATES decide what their schools are like, whether they have medical marijuana, etc.  If the federal government decides, you lose your democratic choice.

The problem is, you can't pick and choose what state rights there are--that was defined in the constitution.  And that's the fundamental problem with the Republican and democrap parties--they want states rights except for issues that THEY DONT AGREE WITH.

So is your thing that you think the constitution is the ultimate law of the land? An old document written by men who couldn't even conceive what life is like today should be the final say in all legislative decisions for the rest of the existence of the USA?

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17196875 - 11/10/12 08:18 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

So is your thing that you think the constitution is the ultimate law of the land? An old document written by men who couldn't even conceive what life is like today should be the final say in all legislative decisions for the rest of the existence of the USA?

There is a way to change the constitution.  That's how these things should be implemented.  To prohibit alcohol took a constitutional ammendment. 

So it is your opinion that laws and regulations should be made by executive decree and unelected czars and beureaus?

--------------------
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: koods]
    #17196918 - 11/10/12 08:25 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

You motherfuckers cannot admit when your policies fail. It is pathetic. But here is the cold hard fact. You made these arguments for the past four years, and you lost. You more than lost, you were crushed. Your side threw 3 times as much money to elect your guys than we did, and you got so little to show for it. You don't understand economics, you don't understand demographics, you don't understand statistics, you don't understand that this debate is over. Get a clue.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#17196956 - 11/10/12 08:30 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
You motherfuckers cannot admit when your policies fail. It is pathetic. But here is the cold hard fact. You made these arguments for the past four years, and you lost. You more than lost, you were crushed. Your side threw 3 times as much money to elect your guys than we did, and you got so little to show for it. You don't understand economics, you don't understand demographics, you don't understand statistics, you don't understand that this debate is over. Get a clue.

I didn't vote for either of those assholes--they both want the federal government up your ass.

If you want big nanny up your ass running your life that's fine.  But don't push it on everyone else.

--------------------

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: starfire_xes]
    #17196999 - 11/10/12 08:39 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think it's great that the folks arguing the more conservative side still want no association with the republicans... :tongue2:

I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make by saying it's a 'states rights' issue (but I think we all know the connotations of that...)  I think all in all the federal government does have the power to regulate interstate commerce, which would be the states rights issue.
What needs to change is the controlled substances act, and the question that needs to change it is- why are alcohol and tobacco exempt?

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Lynnch]
    #17197014 - 11/10/12 08:41 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
I think it's great that the folks arguing the more conservative side still want no association with the republicans... :tongue2:

I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make by saying it's a 'states rights' issue (but I think we all know the connotations of that...)  I think all in all the federal government does have the power to regulate interstate commerce, which would be the states rights issue.
What needs to change is the controlled substances act, and the question that needs to change it is- why are alcohol and tobacco exempt?

And a person growing pot in their own home has what to do with interstate commerce?  And what do public schools in the states have to do with interstate commerce? 

Oh, and all that money poured into the department of education, and all the big federal educational beurocracy--that sure has helped the state of education in the US since its inception hasn't it?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #17197032 - 11/10/12 08:45 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

I understand economics quite well.  It is the ignorant greedheads who voted for free stuff who do not.  I also understand demographics.  I don't care.  Good policy is good policy regardless of demographics.  If the Republicans start to pander to bums as much as the Dems then so be it, they will suck as much as the Dems. 

The Republicans most certainly did not throw three times as much money.  That is a lie.  And a rather stupid one at that.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #17197045 - 11/10/12 08:47 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I voted for the guy who said he would raise taxes. You voted for the guy who pretends he could lower yours... Sounds like you are the one driven by self interest.

you voted for the guy that said he would raise the taxes on those making more
than $250k/yr, the guy that extended the bush tax cuts for the wealthy, the
guy that's brought in more taxes on the middle and lower classes

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

#17197044 - 11/10/12 08:47 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

It could be argued that that pot could possibly be sold in another state- I don't know what the original argument was, but still I think changing the controlled substances act is a better bet.

I wouldn't know how the dept of education spends their money. But I do disagree that standardized testing helps education. That money would probably be better spend on college grants for students.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#17197057 - 11/10/12 08:50 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
You motherfuckers cannot admit when your policies fail. It is pathetic.

like green energy jobs, bank and auto maker bail outs, wall street bail outs,
quantitative easing, the chevy volt and another round of raising of the debt
ceiling ... it is pathetic

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17197063 - 11/10/12 08:51 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

so you dont support the constitution, do believe it should be tossed out?

OfflineblueIdevil
Stranger
Male

Loc: Portcouver, Oreton
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17197072 - 11/10/12 08:53 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The economy isn't the only thing Americans care about, and Romney doesn't care about Americans. That being said, Obama's a fuck-tard too.

--------------------
In their daily life, all are braver than they know...
-Henry David Thoreau

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Lynnch]
    #17197125 - 11/10/12 09:03 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't say republican. Outside spending was 66% pro conservative, 31% liberal. Sorry not quite 3 times, but more than double. Point is the same, you got nothing to show for all that money.
http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/summ.php?disp=O

And despite the fact that the conservative views on economic issues just won't die a natural death on the shroomery, their social ideas don't seem to have any real support here. Good on us!

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: blueIdevil]
    #17197137 - 11/10/12 09:05 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Romney doesn't care about Americans?

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying... Flag
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17197192 - 11/10/12 09:14 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Romney doesn't care about Americans?

I think he cares about them as much as you care about them. :lol: he only cares about the ones that don't suckle, and that's based on his perception. What exactly did he run on that should have made him won? He was talking about cutting back on things like social security. If the reason was to reduce the debt, because it's an emergency, he should have said so. He did say it, but his attitude in arguing with Obama was to cut funding for things like social security because Obama wouldn't.

Classic cocky Republicans. They call everyone else bums, then want to be in office. It's like if Hitler was running for election instead of putsching his way into power, then was surprised he didn't win the election :smirk: according to you in the constitution there is a line that says "he who pays the most taxes will see his candidate win because he is more important"

You got shut down :wink:

--------------------
The point to meditating is to feel the same when you are meditation as when you aren't. To be balanced inside and out. Difficult to do when being aware of breath and sensation. However, not impossible. Feeling ok about yourself at all times seems to be a great difficult skill to master. The concept so simple a snail could understand it. To practice it some of the greatest Albert Einstein type minds couldn't master it.

It's like the trick to human problems is to be even more human. Not less human but as human as possible, only understanding human nature.

Understanding subtleties is hard. What is subtle? Subtle is powerful. Atoms are subtle. Atoms make up everything we are. Understanding subtleties is one of the hardest parts of life.

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17197205 - 11/10/12 09:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by supernovasky (01/23/18 01:54 PM)

InvisibleBoomerMan420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: imachavel]
    #17197207 - 11/10/12 09:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

:haha: think citizens vote for president :curbyourenthusiasm:

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17197223 - 11/10/12 09:19 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by supernovasky (01/23/18 01:54 PM)

InvisibleBoomerMan420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I still can't believe that Obama got re-elected with the economy so crappy [Re: supernovasky]
    #17197233 - 11/10/12 09:21 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

we democarats you republicans blah blah blAH LIBERTARUIAN IN A LIBRARY WITH THE REPUBLICAL DEMOCRATICAL LEFT AND RIGHT WINGS flapping in the freedumb

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >