Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Cancer
    #1715827 - 07/14/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What is your opinion on it's 'purpose', philosophically and/or spiritually?

It seems to me like it's a symptom of our transformation into a different species... but that's just one ignorant view.
What do you think?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Cancer [Re: Adamist]
    #1715864 - 07/14/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I honestly believe cancer is a result of unbalanced or unexpressed emotions. Like if someone holds a grudge against someone or something their whole life and they think about it constantly the anger will eventually cause malignant cell development. Also if one tries to repress something that they don't like about themselves, such as a gay person afraid to admit they're gay and pretending they're straight (although for men I think this more often manifests itself as baldness). Cancer can also develop simply from a belief that it will develop, such as mass indoctrination of, oh say, smoking tobacco causes cancer. If you believe it does, you've bought into the possibility and therefore it becomes a possible reality for you.

Going further with this, I believe *most* forms of cancer can be cured mentally in the initial stages if one puts forth the energy into visualization of curing oneself, inner balancing of karma, and forgiving anyone you hold a grudge against.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Cancer [Re: ]
    #1715887 - 07/14/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So, you're saying that living can cause cancer ?
I could say that you have to be alive to become dead.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Anonymous

Re: Cancer [Re: MAIA]
    #1715909 - 07/14/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't get your point... or are you just joking?

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly Flag
    #1716028 - 07/14/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

american spirits used to cost 1.fiddy till the hippys openly cited it as an organic source, they burn slower but caners still bad, iw as thinking about how weird it is that we breath smoke in on purpose

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Edited by Lallafa (09/11/03 03:18 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1716376 - 07/14/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Cancer can also develop simply from a belief that it will develop, such as mass indoctrination of, oh say, smoking tobacco causes cancer.
You have it TOTALLY backwards! The observed link of lifestyle and cancer was clearly shown BEFORE any "mass indocrination". Cancer si caused by irritated cells resulting in damaged DNA, whether it is from smoke, asbetos or harsh solvents.

I believe *most* forms of cancer can be cured mentally in the initial stages if one puts forth the energy into visualization of curing oneself, inner balancing of karma, and forgiving anyone you hold a grudge against.
And you believe this because:

1. You have been "indoctrinated" by B.S. New Age heal-yourself books.

2. Personal experience.

3. Years of clinical studies.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1716539 - 07/14/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

According to a certain flying squirrel from south mongolia, all cancer is caused by negative, illogical thinking at the root. It's theory goes kind of like what goes up..must come down.. Every thought you send into the universe has a positive, neutral, or negative charge..it blasts through space and reaches its peak, then returns from whence it came with the opposite charge it originally had. They are pretty sure that these thoughts effect your body, down to every last cell. A build up of negative or positive energies can cause imbalances, and an extreme overload can cause diseases and cancer. The key is, of course, to always think and act neutrally.

--------------------

Offlineseemslikeasymbol
what...
Re: Cancer [Re: Shroomism]
    #1716653 - 07/14/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it has no purpose. why does everything have to have a purpose?

--------------------
i didnt mean that...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Cancer [Re: seemslikeasymbol]
    #1716657 - 07/14/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So that everything has a purpose.

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1716733 - 07/14/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Everybody dies when they are supposed to.

I figure: why smile for the off chance that negative emotions could cause cancer... smile because it's fun!  :grin:

Fun rocks. 

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1716909 - 07/15/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

seemslikeasymbol said:

Ditto.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: Cancer [Re: Sclorch]
    #1716958 - 07/15/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>According to a certain flying squirrel from south mongolia, all cancer is caused by negative, illogical thinking at the root.<<

hmmmm.... fraid not there.

Cancer is caused by radiation affecting the electrons of cells. Occasionaly a cell will get damaged by the radiation and divide(mitosis) into an irregualr cell. Thus cancer is born.

Everything contains radiation, and there are certain levels cells can handle. I'm not too fresh on the numbers, but the Earth itself puts out radiation. When tobacco grows, the leaves absorb a high amount of this radiation. This is why it is more carcinogenic then marijuana, as marijuana doesn't absorb as much of the radiation.

This isn't to say that marijuana isn't carcinogenic, because inhaling smoke is inhaling concentrated radiation and it isn't good for the cells in your lungs (as opposed to just breathing).

Light contains radiation as well.

The point: Living causes cancer. The healthier the lifestyle, the more chance you will die of natural causes (common known as old age). I don't know the history of cancer, but I think its safe to say that what was once just termed old age was more than likely some type of cancer.

Can we avoid it? Yes. Does it require positive thinking? Yes. Positive Thinking = Motivation (to live healthy).

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Cancer [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1717383 - 07/15/03 03:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Cancer is caused by a lot of different things, ionizing radiation is just one of them. The common factor is that a cell is altered so that it starts dividing itself without activating its built-in "clock" for programmed cell death.

I don't think this has a purpose, it's rather an unfortunate side-effect of the way cells reproduce. If cells had 100% perfect error correction for their DNA, there would be no biological evolution.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1717771 - 07/15/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Kind of joking about some facts in life.
If someone believes mind really influences the development of cancer, then he's implying bigger consequences. Why ? Just knowing it's possible to control peoples mind, be it using the media, chemicals, religion or vodoo makes you think about what your mind and others mind can do to everything. If we have the power to make such a bad thing but not being capable of doing something powerful but exactly the opposite, then i think we are very unbalanced and pending to the darker side.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1717944 - 07/15/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

carcinogenic
mutagenic
teratogenic
~
something messed up the genetic machinery of the cells...
sometimes ionizing radiation, sometimes nasty chemicals (natural ones like aflatoxin, synthetic ones like benzene & PCBs, heavy metals like mercury & radioactive ones like polonium-210 (the main nasty in tobacco) & strontium-90 (fallout from nuclear testing), sometimes non-ionizing radiation (like the 60 Hz emf from h.v. power lines), sometimes from a genetic predispostion to carcinomas, sometimes by exposure to certain viruses...
& sometimes it just happens... & is much more likely to catch up with you if you live to hit 70-something (modern humans) than when you die of old age at 40-something (humans through much of their prehistory...)
mitosis run amuck...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Cancer [Re: gnrm23]
    #1718016 - 07/15/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I other news, a flying squirrel was spotted
in southern mongolia after fleeing from
mongoloid tribes who allegedly saw the creature
meditating by a stream.
Stunned onlookers claim that he was mumbling some
thing about logic and negativity and something about
a recipe for Pecan tarts...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1718134 - 07/15/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sure it does, its purpose is to grow, to spread, and eventually kill. I believe in the possibility that excessive self-abuse can lead to cancer. Many of the carcinogens originate from abusive/excessive practices such as smoking, eating, sunbathing, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if a link was found between stress/anger and cancer. I also believe self healing is possible although not probable. My great-grandfather was diagnosed with a very serious case of cancer about 30 years ago and giving 6 months to live. He told the doctor to go fuck himself, and everyday after that he ran 10 miles, and lived healthily until the age of 95. This type of selfhealing involved a dramatic change in lifestyle rather than any ridiculious spiritual sham, and I think if anyone has hope of surviving the disease without traditional medicine, they better go to the same extremes.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1718325 - 07/15/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

cancer is mean

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Cancer [Re: Strumpling]
    #1718474 - 07/15/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

armfromtheabyss:Everybody dies when they are supposed to.

yeah, lets hear that when your baby gets a nuclear bomb dropped on its crib.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1718558 - 07/15/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Reality is so 'multi-variabled' (hey Ma, I made that up) or multi-dimensional, that to attribute simple physical cause and effect may not be the whole picture. A human life is woven of synchronicities and fates that are not linear. It is like, God has written the entire story of one's life (not to mention everything else in Reality) before we were ever conceived.

Yes, physician told me to keep an eye on an irregular, red-ringed mole on my back in 1984, but I simply forgot about it until 1996 when I felt an itch, reached back, and felt blood - spontaneously bleeding mole. It turned out to be malignant melanoma, stage 3. Now stage 4 is like when spilled toxic waste sinks far enough down to hit the aquafer - water table - and spreads everywhere. I was one cell layer away from this. At the time, my marriage of 13 years had failed, and I had moved out in 1992. For 4 years, I was angry enough for the first time in my life to kill. The resentment and pain was 'eating me up alive,' I felt, and my immune system was probably responding by weakening.

I had moved to Florida in 1983 (my ex was a native Floridian), and I had been sunburned quite a few times. Not as badly as I had been burned when at ages 9 and 10, my parents took me on vacation to Florida. Those sunburns probably set the mutagenic process in motion. Nevertheless, when the cancer appeared, I had to have a 'wide excission' to remove any underlying or migrating cells. It has been 7 years, and my health is fine. I also took all kinds of herbs which probably did nothing except to help boost my belief level and consequently, to increase my immune system.

Should I attribute some causality to poor parenting - they never insisted that I apply sunscreen in those days? What about my adult years? Shouldn't I have simply had the supicious mole removed and biopsied in '84? So, to what extent is my poor judgement responsible for the cancer? Why just blame the mutagenic effects of short wave UV? This is reductionistic thinking. When Smith-Kline labs said I was OK, I gave thanks all day to God, and then at night celebrated after the flesh at a strip club where I knew some strippers, though I had never seen them nude. God and Nature acknowledged, I decided to quickly get over my emotional resentment, and GET ON WITH LIFE, because I felt, intuitively, that continuing in a sick emotional state would be the death of me. Being an Intuitive, I complied.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale