Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Mini hyphal knots?!
    #1717534 - 07/15/03 05:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There's this kid somewhere who has a casing. It's Lipa Yai WBS spawn cased with 60/40 coir/verm. It has been in a terrarium for 15 days now, it recieves anywhere from 4-6 fannings a day, about 12 hours of light and is at a temperature of anywhere from 70-76 during the day. This kid has been looking for any sign of activity and the only thing he can see are miniscule little bumps. They are small white bumps, but he is hesitant to call them hyphal knots because they are very very small. I would estimate that these dots are <1mm in diameter, they have been there for a day or two. They appear more abundandtly on the side of the casing than the top, which is also confusing because that is the part that is getting the least amount of light. Anyone know what these little things are?

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuintessence
I am Hydrogen

Re: Mini hyphal knots?! *DELETED* [Re: lemunhed]
    #1717580 - 07/15/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by NuggetsTheShaker

--------------------

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Mini hyphal knots?! [Re: Quintessence]
    #1717661 - 07/15/03 07:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone's always like "Keep Fanning! Keep the temps right! Keep light!" I do that, my mushrooms still are hesitant to come. But when they do... it will be soo nice =).

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Mini hyphal knots?! [Re: lemunhed]
    #1717666 - 07/15/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Compare what you have to the first pic.

BTW, if I had any more bytes left, I'd have added an earlier pic just before any pins showed...down to 37kbs for the next 24hrs lol. The 400kb limit is weird. Ah well.

If you get like the above, it will progress as such (be patient)...

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlinegrin
Stranger
Re: Mini hyphal knots?! [Re: Starter]
    #1717683 - 07/15/03 07:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah ive got the same problem, but mine look like very very small white fuzzy mushrooms...

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: Mini hyphal knots?! [Re: grin]
    #1717833 - 07/15/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What strain is that Starter? Those are so fat, my faery godmother's EQs's first flush's shrooms were so thin...the second flush has fatter ones but not near as many, and not near those ones in your picture.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Mini hyphal knots?! [Re: neutralizer]
    #1717852 - 07/15/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My "hyphal knots" (for lack of a better term) are so small that i doubt they would photograph well... plus they aren't on the surface of the casing in abundance for some reason, they are on the side of it. My casing doesn't go to the edge of the container so one side is exposed to light.... anyways i guess i will just have to wait.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlinenihilist
another systemof control

Loc: USA
    #1718595 - 07/15/03 03:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What color are the knots? they aren't clear are they?

if you have been waitging too long, it might be possible that you have overlay.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Mini hyphal knots?! [Re: nihilist]
    #1718609 - 07/15/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No I really don't have overlay, the knots are white. They are mycelium they are just so small that I don't know if they are just random lumps or not.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #1720778 - 07/16/03 06:57 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

lemunhed, here's that 1st pic of 'before it pins'. Are you seeing what's seen in this pic?

Quote:

lemunhed said:
they aren't on the surface of the casing in abundance for some reason, they are on the side of it. My casing doesn't go to the edge of the container so one side is exposed to light....

In this 4th flush example (the aluminum foil covered tray), it has shrooms growing out of the side. That's because the foil pulled back and the light slipped in between the plastic ice cream carton wall and the casing layer. Better to line such a tray in foil so it stays put. I think you'll have this happen to your tray on what you've said with "one side exposed to the light".

Even better IMO to go trays that are solid, don't flex when lifted and don't let any light in. The two other trays, background tray in 1st flush, foreground tray in 2nd flush.

neutralizer, the strain is Golden Teacher.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Mini hyphal knots?! [Re: Starter]
    #1720922 - 07/16/03 08:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'll just keep waiting =). MY casing doesn't look quite like that because the knots are so small.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix