Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Contamination Advice
    #1717704 - 07/15/03 10:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

once i have dunked a cake and have it in the terrarium how likely is contams. i had blueing on a cake so i took it outside and buried it in my outdoor patch.

i am sucessful in getting cakes colonized, dunked, and birthed. now, i am concerned about contams in the terrarium.

i use the "rich mans" terrarium mentioned in the original pftek. i had lined the bottom with perlite but i started to see something that looked like gray on it so i threw it out and now lined it with vermiculite. i give her a spray once a day.
once i am this far what do i need to worry about?
i keep gettin paranoid because i understand you can die if u eat a contamed shroom.
any ideas?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contamination Advice [Re: guitarnut]
    #1717757 - 07/15/03 10:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Bluing is often only bruising from handling or environmental stress, not contamination. To know if it is a contaminant, rub the affected area with a cotton piece soaked in h2o2, if spores make a deposit they are spotted very easy.
Regarding your terrarium, you may have two causes of contamination, the perlite or spores penetrating the terrarium. What i mean is, don't blame just the perlite as it could be something else. A tip, to clean the perlite and humidify it at the same time grab a bucket and fill it with water, put 30ml of bleach and throw the perlite inside the bucket, drain the excess after 4 or 5 hours and fill terrarium. Don't forget to increase the water level on the perlite to at least half way of it's top level.
This solution will also protect till some degree from spores to germinate or live in the perlite.

Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum