Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblearis
Feline Bovine

Loc: dl
New clone via fahts clone machine , invitro pin formation due to verm... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #17220503 - 11/14/12 06:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I managed to take the aforementioned clone using a cloning machine (still air bag with quarantine via h2o2 )that was loaded with a 1/2 pint that was half full of rye prepped the way RR recommends.  I accidentaly went a little heavy with the gypsum.

I only PCed this small amount of grain for 40min @ 15psi because the directions i was following were using fahtjars of corn rather than rye and it was my first time.  I hope this isn't a problem?

In 3-4 days the tissue has rebounded.  The myc has enveloped half the surface of all rye kernels that the sample was touching.  After cloning I was concerned because I had the tissue in the H2O2 for about a min and  didnt know if that was too long. 

As of now I bet there is a sugar cubes sized clump of myc in there but I haven't shaken it since the tissue transfer. 

Im a little worried that this small amount of rye will dry out. Im using my typical metal/sfd 70mm lids drilled for QT jar usage. oops. Crossin my fingers on that.. no biggy.   

When almost colinised I imagine I will G2G into three, one QT jars and impatiently await delivery of my spawn bags. 

Next I will nervously spawn a coir mono with a new type of coir i haven't tested.  This too will make me uncomfortable but I guess its the price I have to pay to keep evolving my techniques.  After all I can always come on here and relate to all my fellow myco psychos!

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Adding verm to grains tends to help make up for sloppy preparation but leads to invitro pin formation in the jars.
RR

Thanks for chiming in RR your help is good as gold in my book. 

I have read that limiting the cubes exposure to a redder spectrum of light can prevent premature pin formation on agar.  I have no experiance with LED's that produce these wavelengths around 560nm ish  because i just use 6500k 4' fluros and cfl's.

I recently got some A4 Coarse verm and plan to incorporate it into my coir mono.  I hope it doesnt cause it to pin before its colinized...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

Re: fast grain hydration with pc [Re: NineInchNails]
    #17221325 - 11/14/12 08:52 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NineInchNails said:
Quote:

Montock said:
whats the mindset behind putting verm in a spawn jar? i just dont get why someone would, if its for excess moisture, your not preparing your grains correctly and i imagine bacteria is your friend, if its for texture..... your silly, if its for the nutrional value... theirs  ALOT better options, im not saying you cant get it to work wonderfully, just curious the method behind the madness

I have always rinsed, soaked (approx 24 hrs), rinsed and spent time drying the WBS before loading jars. Grain prep is a snap, but drying the WBS is the only thing that seems to require personal attention. Long story short, I've been spreading the wet WBS out onto a screen to dry it. Every once in a while I'll walk over, mix it up and spread bit back out. Sun dries quick in summer months, but I use a fan indoors in the cooler months.

One day I was preparing most of a 40# bag of WBS, was just about to start drying and I had a moment of pause. I thought, "I don't feel like doing this at all (drying all that WBS)". Screw it ... put a little bit of verm in the bottom of the jars, loaded jars with wet drained WBS and every single jar came out perfectly. No water issues at all. That's a shit load of jars too! That saved time and it was a pleasure to do it that way knowing how much time I was saving. Adding a little bit of verm is not my idea. I saw a WBS tek and remembered it.

I used to ridicule that method too. Have you ever tried it? No boiling, simmering or drying. It's real simple, does NOT require much verm at all and certainly not enough to cause any problems.

i prep all my grains the same, just like rr does, minus the 10 minuute boil or so, i dump my grains as soon as the pot reachs a full boil. Im not opposed to it, just didnt see why people would. i have a small system down that i stir my grains when they dry inbetween set while i work our in the morning so it isnt that big of a deal, and my strainers hold enough for 30 jars each (easily), so if really wanted to, two manning enough grain to do 60 jars worth of grain is realtively simple, and only requires attention to two strainers. Time = $ though, and im down to try, got a spefic tek, or one foudn success with?

--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies