Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineguitarguy0123
Stranger
Male

Massachusetts & Governor Romney
    #17124951 - 10/29/12 04:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Governor Romney consistently begins his arguments with, "When I was Governor in Massachusetts...."  According to Governor Romney, the people in Massachusetts greatly benefited from him being Governor and greatly support him.  Unfortunately for him, this isn't true.

The people in Massachusetts are the only U.S. citizens to experience Governor Romney's executive power.  In Massachusetts, President Obama is favored by 55% of likely voters; whereas, Governor Romney is favored by 39%.  The Massachusetts citizens have a clear picture and knowledge of Governor Romney's affects, but they favor President Obama.  This is another thing that scares me and indicates to me that Governor Romney is not someone who is ready to be President of the U.S.

--------------------
I don't know what's gonna happen man, but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames. -Jim Morrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: guitarguy0123]
    #17125094 - 10/29/12 04:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So, you're telling me that the bluest of the blue states- the state of Ted Kennedy and Barny Frank- is going Obama?!

:shockedpussy:

Offlineguitarguy0123
Stranger
Male

Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: setb]
    #17125130 - 10/29/12 04:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It's the state that Governor Romney continues to use as his claim to fame.

--------------------
I don't know what's gonna happen man, but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames. -Jim Morrison

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: guitarguy0123] * 1
    #17125883 - 10/29/12 06:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

No Republican has won the vote for President in Mass since 1984.

28 years.

And you think Romney not winning there is indicative of anything?

:rofl2:

Did he kick you in the balls or something? Fuck your girlfriend? Your mother? Your father?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (10/30/12 05:47 AM)

Offlineguitarguy0123
Stranger
Male

Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #17126460 - 10/29/12 07:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

1984 isn't exactly forever ago.  That's 28 years by the way, not 18.  Also, how many of the Republican presidential candidates had once been the governor there?

--------------------

Edited by guitarguy0123 (10/29/12 07:19 PM)

Offlineguitarguy0123
Stranger
Male

#17126479 - 10/29/12 07:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"There is another historical comparison that can be more clearly made, however.

As the Huffington Post reported in September, the Romney/Ryan ticket may be the first to win the presidency in quite a few years despite both candidates' losing their home states. (Ryan's home state is Wisconsin, where Obama is currently up by 2 in the Real Clear Politics average of polls).

The one and only time a ticket won with both candidates losing their home states was in 1916, when Woodrow Wilson and Thomas Marshall won reelection despite losing their home states of New Jersey and Indiana."

Romney May Lose Every State He's Ever Lived in Except Utah

--------------------

Invisibleschwarg
Male

Loc: San Diego Flag
Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #17126494 - 10/29/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

True but keep in mind it was the same people who elected him as a state governor that are making this choice. So given the option after having experienced the leadership of both candidates first hand, they've made their choice. If they truly felt Mitt had governed well wouldn't it reflect the state polls? Or do you think that it is just arbitrary that a state like that holds different values for a presidential candidate than as governor of their own state??

--------------------

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: schwarg]
    #17127009 - 10/29/12 08:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

schwarg said:
True but keep in mind it was the same people who elected him as a state governor that are making this choice. So given the option after having experienced the leadership of both candidates first hand, they've made their choice. If they truly felt Mitt had governed well wouldn't it reflect the state polls? Or do you think that it is just arbitrary that a state like that holds different values for a presidential candidate than as governor of their own state??

You just don't understand Massachusetts politics. They voted for Mitt because of his performance in turning around the Olympics and because of his opponents weakness. This doesn't change the fact that MA is the bluest of the blue states and they normally vote reliably "D" down the line- regardless of the corruption of the candidates.

This thread just stinks of desperation amongst Obama supporters. This is the same desperation I've been seeing recently all over- the Obama camp is certainly not acting like a wining campaign.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: setb]
    #17128956 - 10/30/12 05:48 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

setb said:
You just don't understand Massachusetts politics. They voted for Mitt because of his performance in turning around the Olympics and because of his opponents weakness. This doesn't change the fact that MA is the bluest of the blue states and they normally vote reliably "D" down the line- regardless of the corruption of the candidates.

:thumbup:

Quote:

This thread just stinks of desperation amongst Obama supporters. This is the same desperation I've been seeing recently all over- the Obama camp is certainly not acting like a wining campaign.

:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleNot Quite Social
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 1
    #17132682 - 10/30/12 07:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Here's today's measure of the Obama campaign's "desperation" per Intrade.

--------------------

Offlineguitarguy0123
Stranger
Male

Re: Massachusetts & Governor Romney [Re: Not Quite Social]
    #17133932 - 10/30/12 10:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You make me wish we had a "like" button.

--------------------

Offlineguitarguy0123
Stranger
Male

#17170175 - 11/06/12 01:02 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It's election day!  Go vote if you haven't voted yet!  It's one of the few chances you'll have to show the government what you think.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom