Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
how do i fertilise my lawn so that the mushies will come?
    #1716862 - 07/15/03 01:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

mushroom hunting is pretty cool, i have to say. but its a bitch to go to all the horse farms around here and ask if i can look around. what i want to do is spread a thin layer of horse manure on my lawn so that fungus will naturally grow there. how can i go about doing this?
i have an inlimited amount of horse shit at my disposal from the riding stable down the street. how should io prep it?

peace
zippoz

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: how do i fertilise my lawn so that the mushies will come? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1716885 - 07/15/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you were to order some syringes and inoculate, lets say, 20 quart mason jars of sterile rye, and allow all of that to colonize, you could use it to spawn with your horse manure (pasturized), and spread that mycelia all over your yard. Or you could have a growroom in the house and grow a hundred times as many shrooms with that much colonized shit :smile:

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how do i fertilise my lawn so that the mushies will come? [Re: lysergic]
    #1717132 - 07/15/03 03:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i wont grow in my house. its not my house. however i would let some grow on my lawn. also, i have tried to grow mushrooms in the past and have been horribly un-sucessful. i would like some subs to start growing on my lawn though.
any more ideas?

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
    #1717175 - 07/15/03 04:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I use the poo water from my pasturised poo to fertalise my liberty cap patch but thats cos they wont grow directly from dung,
I think your best bet is to make a slurry:- get lots of poo & put it in a bucket with some water & mix it up, leave for a week mix up, repeat until it is a very liquid consistancy & spread that over your grow area, then consider an outdoor tek, you could even try innoculating the slurry, I think if you put it on the ground it'll drain well enough, keep it damp but not too wet

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how do i fertilise my lawn so that the mushies will come? [Re: metalchimp]
    #1717270 - 07/15/03 04:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

all i really want is for some pan. subs to grow on my lawn. without me innoculation anything. also i would like ALL species to feel at home on my lawn

peace

--------------------
PEACE

Edited by zippoz (07/15/03 04:40 AM)

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#1717721 - 07/15/03 10:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm you want these mushrooms to grow but you dont want to inoculate it hmmm i want a million buck but i dont want to work...

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
    #1717738 - 07/15/03 10:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

all i really want is for some pan. subs to grow on my lawn. without me innoculation anything. also i would like ALL species to feel at home on my lawn

You can set up conditions favorable for mushrooms in your lawn, but the chances that some spores will luckily land there, and manage to start growing, and manage to evade contamination, and manage to succeed against competing organism is pretty slim. Even if all these things happen, the species that end up growing may not be psilocybes.

You have to do more than just prep your lawn if you want a realistic chance of growing psilocybes.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinecyndyl
mycologist wannabe
Female

Loc: far away from home
Re: how do i fertilise my lawn so that the mushies will come? [Re: Diploid]
    #1717847 - 07/15/03 12:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

buy a cow...

--------------------

There's no such thing as a stupid question,
but they're the easiest to answer!

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: how do i fertilise my lawn so that the mushies will come? [Re: cyndyl]
    #1717867 - 07/15/03 12:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Unless you live in some magic part of the world where mushrooms grow abundantly and spread their spores magically propogating their species for the betterment of mankind, your probably shit out of luck. Without innoculation you probably won't see lots of Pan. subs growing in your yard no matter how favorable your conditions, it is a possibility though. You should just get a spore syringe, Order from The Hawks Eye, they aren't sketchy at all. Or make spore prints from indiginous mushrooms in your area!

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how do i fertilise my lawn so that the mushies will come? [Re: lemunhed]
    #1718983 - 07/15/03 07:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well as to the odds thing. if i were to spread shit over my lawn,which i want to be unnoticable, i would literally have space for 1000's of different mycelia's. and regardless more would grow on my lawn than before.

as for the innoculaion thing. no. i want it to be natural. pan. subs do grow less than a mile from my house. there are probally thousands of subs growing in my area in a year. and billions of spores produced. are you trelling me that you dont hink atleast aa hundred will land on my large lawn? and that i wont have atleast a 1% sucess rate? well i think those odds are pretty good.
and i'd like to see them in action.

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation