Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print???
    #1716853 - 07/15/03 01:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

so i went hunting the other night out in some horse shit by my local barn. i was using a weak flashlight and picking most of what i thought were pan subs. upon returning home and printing. i realsied that some of the mush had left a brown spore print, also in some of the edges the spores looked a bit purple.
on the cap it had some wrinkles, like the ones here

from mjshroomers page. but the color of the cap never went beyond a beige to light tan.

unfortunately i lost all my pics after disposing of them. any ideas on what this might be? thanks
peace
:mushroom2:zippoz :mushroom2: 

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print??? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1716908 - 07/15/03 02:11 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like it's either some type of Panaeolia or Inocybe. Don't eat them, they might kill you.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print??? [Re: Gumby]
    #1717120 - 07/15/03 03:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i threw them all out the second i saw the brown print.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print??? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1717346 - 07/15/03 05:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Gumby Dude,
The shrooms in the picture are Panaeolus subbalteatus dried in the sun naturally in the ground, from a large compost heap in Corvalis, Oregon. One of the many stagesd in the growth and developement of the species/.

AS Zippoz stated in his post above, He said the image came from my site and are pasted in in my Panaeolus subbalteatus photo pictorial section of my site.

mj

And Panaeolus foenisecii is not a pasture mushroom it is a lawn shroom referred to as the haymakers shroom or hey mowers shroom. And yes it does have spores but uyyou will not find it in a compost heap. Or in horse manured soil by a barn.

mj

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (07/15/03 05:26 AM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1717364 - 07/15/03 05:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i was just using the picture to demonstrate the wrinkles, which i might add, were only on the top half of the cap of this unidentified mushroom.
its about to rain like no other here in about 10 minutes.the storm has been producing about 60-75 mph winds and i have been hearing the thunder for about 3 hours now, so the ground should get a good soakin and ill try to find some of these so we can identify them.
i hope you dont mind me using your photo mj, you have the most in one place that i have ever seen. props.
youre up pretty late. i thought i was the only one.

anyways. the storm is comming and i dont want a fried computer, so
peace

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #1729199 - 07/19/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hi MJ. I have a lot of questions for you lately. I hope I'm not becoming a burden.

So what is the diff between a pasture mushroom and a lawn mushroom? I thought a pasture was basically a lawn that was grazed by 4-legged ruminants and subsequently fertilized by their poop, no? And would a fertilized lawn be the same as a pasture?

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan
Re: pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print??? [Re: megaman3]
    #1729202 - 07/19/03 02:01 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

that is precisely the difference.

its neat, i looked at the picks and thought, those are pan subbs, no doubt. i knew ive seen the pick before, how could they have a brown print? then i read on. wooo, logic.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print??? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1729210 - 07/19/03 02:06 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Panaeolina foenisecii is a lawn mushroom with chocolate3 brown spores.

panaeolus subbalteatuys and other Panaeolus species are manure or dung inhabiting shrooms which can also appear in grassy areas. They have black spores.

Panaeolina foenisecci, a sunb look-alike does not grow in pastures.

mj

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: pan sub lookalikes w/ brown spore print??? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1729937 - 07/19/03 01:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ok so Mitchnast would any fertilized lawn (artificially or not) be the same as a pasture?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1729974 - 07/19/03 01:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No.

mj

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #1731886 - 07/20/03 09:14 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

MJ what if it's fertilized with cow poop? Even if it's artificial fertilizer, I don't see how it is so different from natural patties that the mushrooms wouldn't grow well in it. If the grass can grow better and greener in an artificially fertilized lawn, then why doesn't the same hold for mushrooms (errr, except the green part LOL!) ?

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #1756719 - 07/28/03 05:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

a well manured lawn will almost definately grow psychoactive panaeolus mushrooms if well watered. ive done it and ive seen it many times, but you have to use alot of dung. preferable stable shavings

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification