Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cancer [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1718589 - 07/15/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1718686 - 07/15/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

At the time, my marriage of 13 years had failed, and I had moved out in 1992. For 4 years, I was angry enough for the first time in my life to kill. The resentment and pain was 'eating me up alive,' I felt, and my immune system was probably responding by weakening.

While this type of thinking is prevalent, there is little evidence that your cancer was caused by anything OTHER THAN over-exposure to UV. Using this a-causal method of linking events, why not attribute your cancer to Heavy Metal music or...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Cancer [Re: Swami]
    #1718716 - 07/15/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The intuitive faculty led me to become aware of non-physical aspects that I mentioned, and which you are overlooking. The UV exposure was the Aristotelian 'efficient cause,' but there are whole situations that placed me in the positions to become irradiated. They are as integral a part. It's like the transitive and substantive words in the sentence 'the cat is on the fence.' 'Is on' is just as important to the whole gestalt of meaning as 'cat' and 'fence.' I see you as often eliminating transitive-type aspects, or being utterly reductionistic. Sometimes it's great, and really makes me laugh when you go for the jugular, but othertimes, that same bent misses significant meanings.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1718761 - 07/15/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You may or may not be correct in your assumptions of emotional inflamation of the condition, but this much is fact (and I have harped on this endlessly):

People frequently draw erroneous conclusions about the link between two disparate events. This CANNOT be denied, therefore I will challenge any supposition based on mere feeling or intuition. Everybody is hurt, angry and wounded at some time in their life, so how you can connect the dots to a specific illness is beyond my reasoning prowess.

A very simple statistical test (only as a starting point - and I have no idea how to get the data) would be to check cancer rates among violent criminals vs. non-violent criminals or divorced people vs. married people or some other large-scale measurement of emotional contentment vs. anger and rage.

Of course, cancer rates among Christians and atheists is nearly identical except for those sects following strict dietary regimens; usually consisting of vegetarian and non-processed foods, which demonstrates actual causation!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Cancer [Re: Adamist]
    #1718812 - 07/15/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps, cancer is only in its first stages now. Eventually, it will affect everyone. After killing millions, it will be the variable that will mutate, transform, or evolve us. Soon, we'll depend on cancer, like it depends on us to keep itself alive.  :eek: 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Cancer [Re: thePatient]
    #1718900 - 07/15/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And maybe we'll see hyperintelligent hemorrhoids by Dec 21, 2012.  :shocked: 

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Cancer [Re: Swami]
    #1719231 - 07/15/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

While this type of thinking is prevalent, there is little evidence that your cancer was caused by anything OTHER THAN over-exposure to UV. Using this a-causal method of linking events, why not attribute your cancer to Heavy Metal music or...

The idea here is that although the carcinogen played a role in the formation of cancerous cells, something else was the trigger that caused the mutation to occur. There is no proof that carcinogens cause cancer, only that they increase the chances of cancer forming. For every person who has been diagnosed with cancer for reasons such as smoking, or UV exposure, there are many people who have had the same amount of exposure to carcinogens and not been diagnosed. Nobody knows exactly what causes cancer.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Cancer [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1719268 - 07/15/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

maybe.  :oogle: 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: Cancer [Re: thePatient]
    #1719987 - 07/16/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe cancer will become worse and worse and it will force a change in lifestyle, including a "mass spiritual enlightenment" in the near future? ehhh? >>bumps with elbow<< ehhh?

Ah, I dunno.

--------------------
AH HA....

InvisibleLoriiii
barbie core

Loc: Israel
Re: Cancer [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1721005 - 07/16/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It is well known in medicine, that there's a str8 connection between the phisical and the emotional state of a person. Possitive thinking is healthy and it may strength your body and mind, but it cant cure you in all the cases. its important, but its not the only thing u need in order to avoid shitty cases like cancer, obviously. Living a good healthy life is as mentioned already nessasery, but sometimes cancer just takes you, even though u had a happy spirit and u took a good care of yourself. it just happens. Why? Because we still dont have all the info we need about this thing..

my grandma died from cancer 2 years ago, it was a huge tragedy for the family who really loved her.. she was running a healthy life before, she swimmed every day, ate healthy food, avoid smoking and so on.. but she was always worried about stuff, she couldnt enjoy her peace and quiet since she was in this race against time to help all her family relatives and to make sure they have everythihg they need.. perhaps all this worriedness lead to this cancer, maybe it just developed from reason that havent been discovered yet.

all in all, its shit! i think if compering it to aids, its much worse. but again, it depends on the stage in which u discover it and the type of cancer.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Cancer [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1721038 - 07/16/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

And maybe we'll see hyperintelligent hemorrhoids by Dec 21, 2012.

Lol !
We have one now, his name is George W. Bush. It doesn't need a brain, just pumping blood and keeping the shit from falling.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Onlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Land of Enchantment
    #1723715 - 07/17/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

<<If we have the power to make such a bad thing but not being capable of doing something powerful but exactly the opposite, then i think we are very unbalanced and pending to the darker side.>>

But we do have that power, it seems.
Cancer is the irradic and mutated growth of cells. A healthy cell looks all round and smooth like a little egg without a shell - but cancer cells are misshapen and jagged eged, not smooth and definately - like a sick shroom looks. There, but discolored and horribly mutated.
It does come from all around us and is defeatable by some of those things I have seen here including granpa's "hell with ya" method.
The top end of cancer treatment right now is integrative and uses much less knife and radiation than it used to.
Unless - because you know where there are more surgeons = more surgeries thing there.... (ughhhh)
And not to nit pick but - The person means "alleopathic" medicine when they refer to conventional medicine. "Traditional" medicine is actually natural, ancient and "traditional"......

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State Land of Enchantment!

"When psychotomimetics become cultural, so does cultural psychosis"

"The Creator's Glory is the Truth, and the magic mushroom is the proof" - DebE

No makin funna my pomes!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale