Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGalactica
Myconaut
Loc: North AL
I got a question about DXM
    #1712179 - 07/13/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

if i drank 4 oz's of expired Pediatric Vicks 44m cough and Cold Relief would it give me the same efects of fresh/slightly aged or would it just make me sick. I am also going to smoke pot while i take this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: Galactica]
    #1712444 - 07/13/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Uh you don't want to drink that man, only vicks 44 cough. Not cold, cold will have other chems in it like pseudoephedrine, and acetaminophen, that you don't want, don't drink it unless your looking for 4 hours of hell, and possible long term dammagage..

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: Dank420]
    #1712865 - 07/13/03 10:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What are the active ingredients of Pediatric Vicks 44M and in what concentrations?

OfflineVIgnisFatuusI
Cubist
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1713263 - 07/14/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You're going to want to find a bottle of robo or vicks that contains ONLY DXM. After consuming a bottle of robo with psuedoephedrine in it (8oz) I tell you, the terror and thought of dying was never more imminent. Make sure you only drink syrups containing only dxm. The only other type of cold med I've fucked around with heavilty that contained other chems in it is corisidin. But that was when I was relatively less experienced. I wouldn't even fuck around with DXM anymore these days. I only consume it every now and then when I literally have nothing better to do. Nonetheless, it had it's good days of use.

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

Loc: Colorado
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: VIgnisFatuusI]
    #1713318 - 07/14/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

get robo max strength....wait dont do DXM at all, it leaves holes in your brain

I finally learned this after about 7 times

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: deltron]
    #1713450 - 07/14/03 03:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"it leaves holes in your brain"

There has been no conclusive information leading anyone to believe that this is a factual statement.

--this is a fairly recent document from Erowid outlining the flaws in Mr. White's conclusions

I'm not saying that it doesn't. But nobody knows for sure that it does either.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

Loc: Colorado
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1713681 - 07/14/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well I don't like how it makes your brain and body just feel blah like after the high

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

OfflineBigcheese042
prophet

Loc: space
    #1714131 - 07/14/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What are the after affects of DXM? Can you be hungover? when i smoked and drank it, i felt sh*tty the day after. :stoned: 

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: Bigcheese042]
    #1714290 - 07/14/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bigcheese042 said:
What are the after affects of DXM? Can you be hungover? when i smoked and drank it, i felt sh*tty the day after. :stoned: 

I guess you could feel hungover, I don't think it would be like a booze hangover at all though.  Worst thats happened to me was I got the shits once. 

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: barfightlard]
    #1714774 - 07/14/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dxm will always be a time in my life that I shake my head over...

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Malachi]
    #1714988 - 07/14/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: YellowPurpleHills]
    #1715695 - 07/14/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

YellowPurpleHills said: Cordicidin is the choice if you want to experience dxm without having to drink that nasty shit. Just take about 12-16 of the Cordicidin Pills and you will be gone for a long long time.

VERY BAD ADVICE.

Each Coricidin pill has 4mg of Chlorpheniramine maleate. 12 to 16 of these pills would include 48mg to 64mg of Chlorpheniramine maleate. That's a substantial overdose of an antihistamine / anticholinergic drug. Coricidin has killed people, as well as made people bleed from every orifice of their body. The problem with Chlorpheniramine is that you can't predict if you're hypersensitive to it, it has an extremely long half-life (12 to 15 hours) and it inhibits CYP-2D6.

Get a clue.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: Bigcheese042]
    #1715700 - 07/14/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bigcheese042 said:

DO NOT SMOKE DXM!

It decomposes into *toxic* vapours!  Smoking DXM will only result in you inhaling toxic chemicals, without inhaling any DXM.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1715793 - 07/14/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

just be really carefull. you may not have the enzyme to break down dxm meaning you have a long bad high. i think i lack that enzyme as every time i've tried it, it last for a few days.

i did 450mg or 4.5g i forget (whichever is about two or three bottles worth) of research chemical dxm and got more screwed up than on any other drug. then i felt like shit for half a week.

if you can get ketamine try that instead. it's a much cleaner feeling.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #1716053 - 07/14/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Do you drink gasoline?

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: I got a question about DXM [Re: newuser1492]
    #1716088 - 07/14/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

450mg would be the dose.

You're right though. 2D6 deficient people can't convert DXM to DXO efficiently, so they have a higher DXM:DXO ratio. A number of studies have confirmed that DXM is unpleasant and has low abuse potential. DXO is the stuff that people enjoy.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1716701 - 07/14/03 10:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1716791 - 07/14/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

> have u experimented with Cordicidin yourself to say that people who use it bleed and all that stupid shit you said?

Why would I need to experiment with it myself to confirm that another person had bled from using Coricidin?

This is like calling me a moron because I say that lung cancer is a terminal illness even though I don't have lung cancer.

> Yes, i read that shit too

How do you know what I've read? You may have read some of the stuff I've read relevant to Chlorpheniramine, but I doubt you've read even half of what I've read about this drug.

> there were probably 2 cases of that happening and everyone exaggerated about Cordicidin

People have died from using Coricidin. Considering that DXM has been on the market and used as a psychedelic drug since the 1960s, it looks like Coricidin is the more dangerous product, if frequency of accidental deaths mean anything to you. There have been cases of people going into comas from as little as 20mg of Chlorphenirame (5 Coricidin pills).

The point still is that it is not worth taking an extra risk simply because cough syrup tastes bad. Do an extraction, get pure powder, order Dexalone, or put up with the taste.

> People I know eat that shit like candy and they are just fine!

Does that mean that they haven't been endagering themselves by using it? No. It simply means they haven't harmed themselves yet. I don't know the relative frequency of dangerous or harmful side effects from using Chlorpheniramine in addition to DXM, but it can be unpredictably dangerous in low doses to some people and using Chlropheniramine is, in fact, taking an extra unnecessary risk.

The danger of using Chlorpheniramine concurrently with DXM are that

1) Chlorpheniramine has a half-life between 12 - 15 hours. An overdose will produce toxic effects for a very long time.

2) Chlorpheniramine is metabolized by CYP450-2D6, which is the same enzyme responsible for the metabolism of DXM to DXO (and 3-methylmorphinal to 3-hydroxymorphinan). In normal and extensive metabolizers this will mean that it takes a longer time to metabolize DXM to DXO. This means an increased potential for side effects.

3) Behavioural toxicity is a known risk of using anticholinergic drugs.

4) Synergy between Chlorpheniramine and DXM / DXO could be dangerous.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
    #1716816 - 07/14/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Phencyclidine is right. Chlorpheneramine Maleate (CPM) is bad stuff when taken in excess. Anticholinergic drugs include: OTC Dramamine, belladonna, datura, and a whole myriad of other delusionary drugs. This is a bad class of drugs to take in combination with dissociatives. Never just swallow a handful of little red pills when someone tells you that you can take up to 2g of DXM safely...because while DXM seems to be relatively safe in lower recreational doses over a span of time, when you add CPM there's no telling what the pharmacological effects would be, there are no studies done that I know of outlining the toxicity of DXM in combination with CPM.

Shit, why even bother with those nasty little things when you can refine it into freebase (careful!) or reacidify it into a new salt extremely easily. Just make sure you fully understand the procedure before you go about doing this (I'm sure it's not going to take very long).

I would never suggest taking DXM in anything but the pure form (read Agent Lemon's Extraction for an easy extraction from Robitussin).

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1716893 - 07/15/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yep. The most obvioius danger of combining both DXM and Chlorpheniramine is that both drugs are known to increase heart rate. IIRC, tachycardia is the most commonly found side effect of taking DXM at doses above 30mg. It also raises blood pressure. There's no need to add to this effect by using another drug which will increase the heart rate more, and which has a hell of a long half life. Anticholinergics are also well known for being rather unpredictable drugs. Why bother taking the extra risk?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale