Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
A different slant.
    #1715073 - 07/14/03 06:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

BUSH?S ?LIE?
By far the biggest story over the weekend was Bush?s supposed ?lie? in the State of the Union Speech. The Democrats obviously feel that they finally have an issue that they can use against Bush in 2004, even if it means undermining America?s victory in Iraq.

Here, for those of you who were out camping over the weekend, are Bush?s controversial 16 words.

?The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.?

Democrats and their fellow travelers in the media are saying that this was a lie. Not so. The statement was true when Bush made it, and is true today. Consider these words from Tony Blair to the British Parliament just last week:

?In the 1980?s Iraq purchased somewhere in the region of 200 or more tons of uranium from Niger. The evidence that we had that the Iraqi government had gone back to try to purchase further amounts of uranium from Niger did not come from so-called ?forged? documents, they came from separate intelligence.?

Blair is standing by the findings of his governments intelligence forces. This would mean that Bush?s statement which begins with the words ?The British government has learned ?.? is correct.

The problem is that you didn?t hear about Blair?s statement from one single major news outlet last week. Not one. CNN only started reporting it this morning.

I guess we shouldn?t be surprised. Why would the mainstream media, which votes overwhelmingly Democrat, get in the way of a perfectly good opportunity to nail George Bush?

Time will tell

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: A different slant. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1715287 - 07/14/03 07:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting theory, as this news was floating around long before CNN picked it up, I even saw it on CBC newsworld.

Bush has his butt covered on this one, but Blair sure doesn't. The only thing that is gonna really hurt Bush is if there are still no WMDs when reelection time comes around.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: A different slant. [Re: pattern]
    #1715343 - 07/14/03 07:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It doesn't matter. He'll be re-elected either way.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1715393 - 07/14/03 07:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Even if it was total BS, the "According to the British government" bit makes it not a lie. Rice said this weekend that the Brits are still claiming it is reliable intel, and it may be, but she said it should not have been included in the speach because it was not up to the level info in a Presidential speach should be.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1716163 - 07/14/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That's cool, it's about time we can blame the brits for a change.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: A different slant. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1716325 - 07/14/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I never really thought that to be a lie on Bush's part. Just like I don't consider Bush's former statements like "I don't think we should use our troops for nation-building" to be a lie, because I think being around neo-conservative intellectuals all day have changed his thought pattern.

It was totally unreliable information, but the blame wouldn't go on Bush's shoulders at all for stating that.

I agree with you that US media sucks. However, I wouldn't blame that omission on it being too "liberal." The corporate media is full of pussies and journalists who just don't look into things. My favorite journalist Greg Palast should have a job in the US, but had to work in the UK because no one here would hire him. He's been called "the greatest investigative journalist of our time," his most famous jobs being undercovering the British "Lobbygate" scandal by going undercover as an Enron representative, and by finding documents proving that whereabouts of 90,000 individuals were wrongly removed from Florida voter rolls, something even Katherine Harris admitted to. Once he broke this story, it was on the news worldwide, but NOT IN THE US.

What a travesty.

BTW, I disagree that Bush will be reelected... I smile every time I see his approval ratings drop.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: A different slant. [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1716504 - 07/15/03 12:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, Bush's ratings have been sinking lately.

Meanwhile, Howard Dean's support has been skyrocketing. He's only one percentage point behind Lieberman now.

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (07/15/03 01:41 AM)

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1716827 - 07/15/03 01:34 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

even if it means undermining America?s victory in Iraq.

What "victory"? We still haven't found any weapons,more of our troops are getting killed every day, a ton of experts estimate we'll be there for the next 2-5 years,and world wide political climate is shittier than it was before.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: A different slant. [Re: monoamine]
    #1716829 - 07/15/03 01:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The media being too liberal-tell that to FOX news.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: A different slant. [Re: monoamine]
    #1716874 - 07/15/03 01:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

a ton of experts estimate we'll be there for the next 2-5 years

Think it'll cost around 4 billion a month too.

But we really can't afford to pay people decent welfare..oh no..that would cost way too much...  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1716881 - 07/15/03 01:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I think the point is if you're going to claim something about a country "seeking uranium" you should know beyond all doubt that it's actually true.

Copping out and saying "The British Government.." is as big a joke as when Colin Powell called the last british intelligence dossier "exquisite"  :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1717189 - 07/15/03 04:15 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Sadly the fact that the CIA beleived the information to be lies prior to the State of the Union address sort of negates any defence Bush might have as far as Im concerned.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Re: A different slant. [Re: GazzBut]
    #1718154 - 07/15/03 02:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That's true, but I think the blame lies more on Bush's advisors/speechwriters.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Re: A different slant. [Re: Cornholio]
    #1718158 - 07/15/03 02:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cornholio said:
Yes, Bush's ratings have been sinking lately.

Meanwhile, Howard Dean's support has been skyrocketing. He's only one percentage point behind Lieberman now.

We might as well stop talking about Lieberman. This is a three-way race now between Kerry, Gephardt, and Dean.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1718207 - 07/15/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SlapnutRob said:
I think the blame lies more on Bush's advisors/speechwriters.

I would assume those people are selected by Bush, so isn't he at fault for picking those people?

--------------------

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

#1718614 - 07/15/03 05:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I guess it would all go back to Bush if you want to put it that way. Anyway, I agree with what Dean said: That members of the Administration, whoever they are, misled the American people, and they know who they are and should resign.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1718862 - 07/15/03 06:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SlapnutRob said:
I agree with what Dean said: That members of the Administration, whoever they are, misled the American people, and they know who they are and should resign.

Or Bush should fire their asses if he is truly against the fact that they give him misinformation.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1718946 - 07/15/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

or bush should be impeached and then tarred and feathered in central square in front of the masses.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: A different slant. [Re: 1stimer]
    #1719089 - 07/15/03 07:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
or bush should be impeached and then tarred and feathered in central square in front of the masses.

In order to be impeached he'd have to commit an impeachable offense.

I have little doubt you're aware he hasn't done so.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1719262 - 07/15/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
In order to be impeached he'd have to commit an impeachable offense.

I have little doubt you're aware he hasn't done so.

Article II Section 4 of the US Constitution States "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Lying about the reasons for killing thousands of people may well qualify.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion