Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Afternoon Lucidity
    #1714008 - 07/14/03 01:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Today I had System of a Down cranked on my speakers and was lying on my bed when I just drifted off into the dreamworld...  (I remember I was thinking very angry and frustrated thoughts about human greed, ignorance, and needless suffering)

[enter dream sequence]

I was dribbling a basketball in my Highschool gymnasium during what must have been 'gym class'.
I had never been very adept at it and the ball kept slipping out of my hands or I would hit a bump in the floor and it would go flying in the opposite direction.

I was aware of authority figures around me while I was doing this.  Teachers.

The basketball continued to give me trouble and I said aloud something along the lines of: "Fuck this stupid thing, Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck."

A teacher beside me,  a large older man, responded: "Gee, I didn't know you were allowed to say that in school."

I had a feeling it was a preclude to some sort of punishment so I attempted to explain my furstration.  It turned into some sort of philosophical conversation.  The teacher was explaining why he chose the job he did, and something about the hardships other people face.  In retrospect, It felt just like a scene from 'Waking Life'.  I have never recalled an in depth coherent dialogue such as that in my dreams before.

Anyways next thing I know I am in my bedroom.  It is a little different from my real bedroom but generally the same.  (I am still dreaming, btw)

So I suddenly have a sense of urgency like I need to check one of my school papers or something.  Then I think I need to go to class...  (damn I actually do need to get ready for class pretty soon here)    Then, after fumbling around with my bookbag and shit I climb on my bed and look out the window. 

It is snowing hard.  Everything was white.
And I KNOW it is summer-time in my dream so it makes no sense to me.  I think this is the moment when I become very lucid because I started controlling my thoughts and actions with some struggle. 
It does seem like a battle. I am trying to focus and this huge blanket of dream-like haziness is trying to smother me.
Suddenly everything in my vision starts to get hazey and fade white (like right before you're about to faint).  But I don't faint I just sort of fall over on my bed paralyzed, and gazing at my bedroom door.  I also see this weird pencil drawing over my bed of some creature's toothey grin.

Then a very strange feeling comes over me while I'm sprawled out.  My body feels numb and tingling, almost like I'm being held there by an electrical current, or just half-fainted I guess. 
But I distinctly remember thinking: "I am open.  I feel open now.  Something is coming into me."  And it did feel like some sort of transformation was occurring.  It was too bloody intense, I thought I was going to totally black out in my dream so I made myself stand up....

And then I awoke.

just an interesting little run-in with lucidity I thought you all might enjoy :]

Note: ever since i stopped smoking reefer my dream recall and clarity have improved greatly.  :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepacodestroys
late nightresearcher
Loc: colorado
Re: Afternoon Lucidity [Re: Grav]
    #1715380 - 07/14/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

lucid dreaming is fucking sweet

--------------------
He wear no shoeshine he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger he shoot coca-cola
He say "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together right now over me

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Afternoon Lucidity [Re: pacodestroys]
    #1715993 - 07/14/03 10:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I know I've seen that toothey grinning lizard type creature somewhere before.. It's driving me nuts trying to remember!

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1716054 - 07/14/03 10:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Stopped smoking reefer eh? Why, if I may ask?

Also, do you have any suggestions for someone else that is considering it?  :grin: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Afternoon Lucidity [Re: Adamist]
    #1716157 - 07/14/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Dreams are very cool no doubt, I thought dreams had limits in some way but Ive done so many things in'em that tells me its literally your imagination on the loose but more than you think. Aside from flying and creating things with your mind, I was suprised when I came across certain experiences that I never knew I could FEEL in a dream. I chewed bubble gum that was literally nice and sweet, I ate chocolate almonds with nuts in'em and the texture and taste was very real including the "fake" hunger I had for them, and the most astounding thing that I ever felt in my dream was a high, I was literally feeling the high you get from strong weed, it wasnt a hassy/blurry/distorted feeling I really felt HIGH, I could feel the buzz and everything, amazing stuff.

I also tried an experiment in a lucid dream to inject myself with heroin (taboo I know), I was very curiouse as how my dream would replicate a high Ive never actualy felt, I found the needle but holy fuck it was like 2-4mm in diameter, I was still ready to do it but I ended up waking up.. *sigh*. I ate shrooms too in my dream but it had no effect, mind you it takes like 30 min for them to kick in in real life so if my dream tried replicating that, no way Id be lucid for 30 damn minutes  :wink:.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#1716189 - 07/14/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if we're multiple people in different reality's.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Afternoon Lucidity [Re: Adamist]
    #1716261 - 07/14/03 11:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Stopped smoking reefer eh? Why, if I may ask?

Also, do you have any suggestions for someone else that is considering it?  :grin: 

I quit to help focus. And I am extremely glad I did.  It's very clear to me the shifting-reality-pot-haze I have been stuck in for years.  I mean I've taken a break for a couple weeks before, but I never actually made a solid decision to stop.  Just having faith in myself  that I don't need drugs for anything (spirituality, happiness, etc.) makes me really happy. I feel like I've started to face my life instead of explore the puffy clouds in my head.  FOR ONCE.

Getting high was just another cycle.  I'd get so far on my own, then get high.  Then it's like the the marker would get set back to zero and I'd start to climb again, smoke... repeat.  I wasn't getting anywheres!

Adamist, I know you have all the willpower in the world for something like that... If nothing more than to experiment...  And everytime the opportunity arises to imbibe, seriously ask yourself "What am i going to gain from this?  Is there something else I should be saving my brainpower for?"

just some thoughts

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology