Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTetragammatron
Burgeoning
 User Gallery

Loc: There! Where? There on th... Flag
Re: Took a little stroll... Blewits? and some others. [Re: Zeet]
    #17122317 - 10/29/12 07:21 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm no mycologist, but I understand that many mushrooms of the same, similar or totally different genus can often grow together. How common? I'd not say common, but FME - occasional.

Just read this on Wiki:
"Macrolepiota mastoidea, a European species, is yet another very large edible mushroom. Its dimensions are generally smaller than that of M. procera and the markings on its stipe less obvious. It is also much rarer." (link)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZeet
 User Gallery

Re: Took a little stroll... Blewits? and some others. [Re: Tetragammatron]
    #17122850 - 10/29/12 10:01 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well I went back today and couldn't find many more. Maybe about 4. They were pretty.. bleh.. as well.

And then! I spotted a little area surrounded by trees which looked ideal for mushrooms. I go in and BOOM. Lepista Nuda ERRYWHERE! I took some more for an omelette and took some to try and cultivate myself. And left loads :smile:

First the garlic and onion! (Also an egg was cracked into a bowl with some finely grated cheese and breadcrumbs and some chopped parsley salt and pepper (2 eggs would have been ideal) )

It's a little over-cooked. I got a bit distracted! (The egg was added just before the shrooms started crisping)

Tasted great! The mushroom has quite an interesting flavour. Next time I will make a sauce/stew with them. Good to know their all over my local wooded area :smile:

ps.

is that a C. nebularis in the first picture next to the kettle? Don't worry if you cant tell it's hardly an ideal picture of it!

InvisibleZeet
 User Gallery

#17127007 - 10/29/12 08:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm. These blewits are giving my stomach a run for its money. Been growling and rumbling since eating them. Not painful. There is also a feeling of pressure in my abdomin. Related to the croaking noises (ie just before my stomach makes a noise the pressure will build up then release) Slightly uncomfortable I could say, but mainly because I'm thinking about it.

Is this normal? This month has been the first I've ever eaten wild mushrooms in my life (I also found and ADORE shaggy parasols) is my body just getting accustomed to them? I didn't get much trouble from the shaggy parasol. Maybe a bit of rumbling.

Tasted great though!
(famous last words)

Edited by Zeet (10/29/12 08:27 PM)

InvisibleZeet
 User Gallery

#17128725 - 10/30/12 03:41 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Like to update by saying I feel perfectly fine now (I know about delayed poisoning but, I couldn't have eaten anything that would give way to delayed symptoms)

I'm pretty sure it was just my stomach having a little moan about the extra hard work he was having to exert to eat those blewits :smile:

With time I will get used to eating wild mushrooms? The body I mean. Should it not develop its own ways to digest them the more I eat them?

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WA Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #17128797 - 10/30/12 04:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yes the more you eat them the more your body will be accustomed to them.
Let me say that I only try a little bid my first time with any new species as you can be allergic to different species or have a bad gastrointestinal reaction to them. You were probably just having problems because you body was new to them.
:nyan:

--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

OfflineTetragammatron
Burgeoning
 User Gallery

Re: Took a little stroll... Blewits? and some others. [Re: Joust]
    #17135280 - 10/31/12 07:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

is that a C. nebularis in the first picture next to the kettle? Don't worry if you cant tell it's hardly an ideal picture of it!

Yep, looks highly likely.

Your Blewitt omlette looks very tasty - I checked a new blewitt patch yesterday and found half a dozen good sized and a few smaller ones - just had them for lunch on toast :smile:

Also me and a mate cooked up a creamy bacon and honey mushroom pasta dish the other night it was amazing! Deffo going back to find more prime honeys :smile:

I had a little gastric upset with the shaggy parsols I found recently, but none with the blewitts.

OfflineTetragammatron
Burgeoning
 User Gallery

Re: Took a little stroll... Blewits? and some others. [Re: Tetragammatron]
    #17136262 - 10/31/12 11:48 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Post your eat-up's in here man! :thumbup: Inspiration galore!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures