Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Animatrix Thoughts
    #1712765 - 07/13/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was watching the episode where the humans convert the machine to help them out. Note how when they're converting it they try to get it to trust the humans and run away from other machines and embrase the human side. However, at the end when the robot tried to save the humans, the girl rejects his offer (i.e. screams and has a frekin heart attack).

This got me thinking about the Second Rennaisance Part I in which the humans try to wipe out all the robots because of the mistake of one. As well as how the robots extended the first peace offer only to have it rejected by humans. The end result of this was of course the war which led to humanities demise.

The conlcusion i drew from this is that humans as a species as ego-centric. We want to be the best, we think we're the best and we don't like things which threaten our superiority. Also, the fact that we are unable to compromise even if it is for our own good. And finally the fact that we want people to trust us be we don't trust others in turn; that suspicion and paranoia will eventually destroy us. To put that last point in perspective, it's already almost happend (i.e. Cold War) and is building up to the point where it will happen again.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents on a short film that was really great. It's gettin late so i'm out for now...comments? additions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Animatrix Thoughts [Re: fjbk47985]
    #1712824 - 07/13/03 11:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i agree. Its a strange scenario. These humans depend on the machines for survival and vice versa, but i think they dont understand the responsibilities of their creations. Notice how it went out of control in renaisance one? where the machine killed his master. People want an easy answer, an easy solution to cure labor, pain, whatever. But the problem is they dont want to deal with the responsibility. So it goes out of control... remember the marieo vengien? (spkslk). Hes like "the truth is... we are absolutely...out of control". "Man made machine in the image of man". Maybe how we are said to have gone away from god in the garden of eden, is like how machine went away from man in the renaissance. So i dont know... i think people should learn how to take responsibility for the problems they have, and the responsibility for trying to fix them. ive been thinking a lot about these films lately...

if you look at the last film... you realize how it comes down to where the machines and humans have to compromise some how... they are a symbiotic race. but i dont know... i guess to really know that you would have to know for sure if the machines could live without the humans. is it for the reasons of inspiration and imagination, ie creation, or is it what they said in the first matrix. a complete dependance cause the lack of other available options for survival. But then you have to think well do machines really want to live wihout humans? After all it was they who had created them, it was the humans who had given them their original purpose none the less. Maybe that symbolizes the war between smith and neo. The purpose of the machines vs the purpose of man. Maybe neo is the anamoly, he is the one who must find a way he "MUST UNDERSTAND". cause if there is no compromise their is the inability of surival. the inability to form a coexistance, or a symbiotic relationship, like you said on the last film with the human and the "converted" machine.

--------------------
What?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology