Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI_Like_Shrooms
Stranger
Floro lighting for PF Tek?
    #1712051 - 07/13/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, this is my second attempt at the PF Tek. I follwed the steps to the tee, and now I've got my innoculated jars all set to go. The first time I did it, we got some mycelium starting to form, but after about a week it stopped spreading. I think this may have been due to excessive heat and/or excessive light in the room. So this time I'm putting the jars in a dark closet with only a small fluorescent light.

Here's my question. This light will be on a timer. How many hours per day shall I have this light on. And is being in total darkness ok for the remainder of the time.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Floro lighting for PF Tek? [Re: I_Like_Shrooms]
    #1712064 - 07/13/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You should have your jars in complete darkness until you are ready to initiate pinning. You could however use light the entire time and strive for invitro pinning, but your yields might suffer and deffinately the asthetic beauty of your shrooms.

If you plan of fruiting as cakes then you should use no light during incubation.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineI_Like_Shrooms
Stranger
Re: Floro lighting for PF Tek? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1712326 - 07/13/03 07:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, thanks for the speedy reply, Ekstaza.  Do you think that could be the reason my jars stopped colonizing last time?  Too much light?  Is it bad when I open the closet door everyday just to take a peek? 

This is way harder than growing cannabis!  :smile:

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
    #1712337 - 07/13/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

whats the RH in the place u keep the jars???  and whats the temperature... 

it could have either been it was too cold, and they just couldnt grow, or to how and ur cake got dried out....  or the RH was too low and the cake dried out....  OR u got impatient  :wink:

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#1712339 - 07/13/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think it could be that you have CO2 build up. Have you flipped your jars over to let the air exchange? Do you have tape over your injection holes? If so take it off and flip your jars. You should see renewed growth.

It won't hurt to look at your jars but it will make it more difficult waiting if you check on them all of the time. During this time it is critical to find something to take your mind off of your jars. Check up every 2-3 days and each time you will see measurable growth.

Good Luck

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (07/13/03 07:12 PM)

OfflineI_Like_Shrooms
Stranger
Re: Floro lighting for PF Tek? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1712396 - 07/13/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have already thrown out the jars from the 1st attempt. But I dumped out the substrate, and it was still damp to the touch after sitting on a shelf for two months, so I don't think drying out was the problem. The temps in the room I had them in are usually around 80 - 85 degrees. Ekstaza, you might be right about the CO2 buildup. At the time, I had all the holes still taped up. This time I didn't even cover the holes back up after innoculation. I figure they'd be alright, I mean...shit...some people just cover their jars with aluminum foil!

Now I've got them in a closet in my house, so they will always be around 78 degrees or so. RH is pretty dry, but like I said before...I don't think it's drying out my jars. Is this alright?

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#1713825 - 07/14/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Try to raise the temps a few degrees. 84-86F is ideal. Mycelium creates 2-4 degrees jsut by growing. My kids try to keep thier incubation chamber around 80-82F.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds