Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!!
    #1709418 - 07/12/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, If you dont know my story let me inform ya. I did 12 1/2 pint pf jars with a 12cc EQ mycelium syringe. I am fruiting 9 cakes in a rubbermade with perlite. And cased 3 with str8 verm. Well I got this syringe by accident I was expecting a spore syringe and to see little black specks and to my suprize I get a syringe that looks liek someone busted a nut up in it. So I ask da guy wtf he sent me it looks like cum in a syringe. He told me he made a mistake, and ended up sending me a 12cc EQ spore syringe 3 days later. Well It was to late I said fuck it after I was told by someone on irc that i got hooked da fuck up. And I did the 12 jars with the syringe. I saw a spot on each jar the size of a nickle on day 2 of innoculation. Well I am waiting for those to finish fruiting cuz i havent got any pins yet and it has been 14 days. Well I did a jar 3 days ago to see if these spores would work. I did one jar as a test and BOOM! today i looked and i got mycelium. Very faint but apparent. Ok so I was readin posts and stumbled across somin that sounded so goddamn easy i had to do it. The honey tek. It said combine 100ml of water in a half pint jar, 2mg of honey. Then PC for 25 mins. I Did 2 jars 100ml water each. Well I boiled spring water. put it in the jar while boiling after whipping the jar with alcohol. Put the honey in, sterilized the end of a spoon handle stirred it up. Closed both jars with the lids, put tin foil over the tops to cover the holes, and boiled gently in a big pot with a lid, with an inch of water in the bottom of the pot for 30 mins.(Same way I sterilized my pf jars, only i did them for a hour and a half) I put them in da freezer until they were feeling not warm and not cold. Let them sit for a lil while. Then pumped 5 cc's out of the spore syringe into each jar. I put um in a box up in my closet. I hope this works I've never done it before. I would like feedback from everyone. Thank you all so much.

DatDaNK420 :stoned: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!! [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1709487 - 07/12/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds ok except you really don't need to use 5cc of spore solution, 2cc is plenty to make a honey tek jar that will end up making enough mycelium to innoculate lots of grain jars. But I am a a very strong proponent of the honey tek, I agree it is the only way to go. My friend doesn't innoculate anything with spores anymore. Isn't it amazing how fast it starts to colonize the jars? I would suggest moving to grain or popcorn if you get honey tek going, those quart jars colonize in a week that way. One final note, if you can put the honey tek jar in 85f location you will see quicker colonization.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

OfflineShaMan1988
ShaMaN InC.
Loc: my room, my house, my rul...
Re: I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!! [Re: kukusz]
    #1710042 - 07/12/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hey buddy
a friend of a friend says fuck the honey tek...
he says to use corn syrup instead... the reason being that honey when sterilized and whutever...eventually has little sediments that may appear to be contam late on...so that may throw u off...and u might throw it out..when it's actually still good...
he says to use 1 tsp. / 100mL of H20.

try that

good luck

shaman

Offlinekukusz

Re: I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!! [Re: ShaMan1988]
    #1710167 - 07/12/03 10:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well, the "stuff" at the bottom of the jar is protein coming out of solution.  Swirl the jar and it goes right back into solution.  Best check for contam is smell anyways IMO.  I'm not sure fucking any of the teks is a good idea anyways, risk of contam :tongue:

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!! [Re: kukusz]
    #1711679 - 07/13/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well the black flakes of spores are sitting on the bottom of the jars, should i swirl um up?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!! [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1711790 - 07/13/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"I'm not sure fucking any of the teks is a good idea anyways"

if it werent for fucking with the oldest teks, we wouldnt have the new awesome teks you guys take for granted.

im sure corn syrup would work great.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!! [Re: Todcasil]
    #1711798 - 07/13/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Dude was making a joke. Re-read the post. And corn syrup does work great.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: I am trying it all on my first grow........HONEY-TEKKK!!!!!! [Re: dog]
    #1711861 - 07/13/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thats good and all but could someone please answer my question cuz i didnt use corn syrup. I used honey!!<Well the black flakes of spores are sitting on the bottom of the jars, should i swirl um up?> Is that normal?

Invisibledog
straw dog

#1711868 - 07/13/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, it's normal. Quit the swirling and let them incubate.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
    #1711888 - 07/13/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i thought they were supposed to be suspended in it. Thanks

Invisibledog
straw dog

#1711914 - 07/13/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Those black specks are thounds of microscopic spores clumped together. There are plenty of other spores suspended in the solution. Trust me.  :wink: 

--------------------

Offlinekukusz

#1712400 - 07/13/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I meant having SEX with the teks is a good source of contam, Todcastil... Not fucking WITH the teks. I fully endorse fooling around with them, but at least use protection.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds