Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Loc: Canada
Storage and Preservation Techniques
    #1711716 - 07/13/03 05:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hello all,
I have a bit of a dilemma I was wondering if you could help me with. I ordered a Gow Box (http://www.amazing-nature.com/info/3200.htm) some time ago and unfortunatly they had some set backs and the order was only processed recently. Because I am leaving the country, I ordered it under the impression that it would arrive with enough time for me to make use of the goods. I changed my mind and decided not to risk it, I requested a cancel on my order (twice). However, I just received word that it has been sent regardless (apparently they did not receive my emails or something to that effect).
What should I do if it arrives too late for me to use it. It is a Grow Box so I am concerned about the method in which I can store it to preserve the mycelium. I am away for two months. Would storing it in a refridgerator the best plan? What other options do I have?
Please offer me some ideas, I am desperate I don't want to have to scrap the whole thing!
Thank you.

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIseesmurfs420
~?ShroomKing?~

Re: Storage and Preservation Techniques [Re: Dionysus]
    #1711720 - 07/13/03 05:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think it should be fine just store it in a cool dark place.

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: Storage and Preservation Techniques [Re: Iseesmurfs420]
    #1711770 - 07/13/03 05:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Are you sure? for two months? Won't it start growing? I don't want anything to start growing and then get too old or anything.

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #1711789 - 07/13/03 05:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

50 euros you paid? i suppose that isn't too bad if you want an easy intro. you should know enough to do it yourself next time, though, just by reading the faqs for a day or two. lots more fun, too.

that kit needs to go in the fridge. it'll do okay. when you take it out, it'll come back to life, so long as nothing infected it in there.

--------------------
buh

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: Storage and Preservation Techniques [Re: shirley knott]
    #1711820 - 07/13/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Alright. This is good to hear. Yeah, I paid a lot. I should have learned. Considering just today I had to totally scrap the Homestead tek I was using (cost me $150 canadian). Oh man. When I return I plan on sticking to the pf tek for sure (which is what I should have done from the start). What I learned: so many people use the brf cake method because it works. I thought that I would have an easier time using a kit, but that is not necessarily true. However, this has all been a very valuable learning experience and I am by no means walkin away without some important things now understood.

--------------------

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

#1715487 - 07/14/03 08:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, i guess this is what I'll have to do.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation