Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: mycofile]
    #1692675 - 07/07/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

<<If you have horrible unforseen issues such as unstoppable slugs, rabid squirrels, or shitty uexpected weather, I'd guess at about 7-15 dry grams per sq. ft. over several flushes. If you kick ass and blow me away, it would be at 30 dry grams per sq. foot per flush. Given the knowledge and experience you seem to have, and with perfect conditions, I'd expect no more than 2 dry ounces per box from several flushes.>>
That's a pretty good estimate........if I knew a medical grower I mean, I bet that's almost exactly what he would say about outdoor/seasonal patch culture yields....

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonas

#1694407 - 07/07/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mycofile said:
Quote:

jonas said:
Turns out he just wants a little spending cash, so he's gonna be giving me about 80% of the profits. I'll keep ya posted.

LOL! hehehe. If somebody were cool enough to give away 80% of the profit, they'd be cool enough to not sell them at all. If they are going to be dealing, no way that 80% deal will last more than 30 seconds. Sounds like a bad movie. Kid gets offered the killer drug deal, dealer shafts him after he gets the drugs, fill in ending with either comedy, drama or more likely, tragedy.

Anyway, on the yield issue, you'll never get a good estimate for outdoor grows. There are just far too many variables that nobody can control. Do you really think that anybody on here has grown at that level, and just happened to be doing it in a climate exactly identical to yours? And I don't mean that they are from Arkansas too, but that the time of year, weather conditions, local factors such as surrounding vegetation, slug population, local squirels affection for fungi etc etc were all the same? Well, all that affects outdoor yields.

On the stamets tip though, his estimate is for a well managed indoor grow. Don't expect that. Somebody said that none of us could ever reach that level, and that's absurd. There are a lot of people here that are growing in the 4 wet # per sq. ft. range. With some experience, and a good INDOOR set-up, many can easily surpass stamts quoted AVERAGE yields.

I will try and help guess, even though I think dealers are shit, part-time dealers are worse, and dealers who pretend to be cool hippy non-dealers are the worst. If you have horrible unforseen issues such as unstoppable slugs, rabid squirrels, or shitty uexpected weather, I'd guess at about 7-15 dry grams per sq. ft. over several flushes. If you kick ass and blow me away, it would be at 30 dry grams per sq. foot per flush. Given the knowledge and experience you seem to have, and with perfect conditions, I'd expect no more than 2 dry ounces per box from several flushes.

But hey, if it turns out the way I expect, at least you'll be able to sell your story to USA for a made for tv movie!

He's one of my best friends and I trust him alot. Though like you say, you never know what could happen ...

Offlineguitarnut
journeyman
Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: jonas]
    #1706229 - 07/11/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

do not deal. they are already using the patriot act to shut people down (fanaticus.com). why make it easier for them. u will go to jail, your friend will rat you out, etc.

be a cool guy and use your knowledge/ power for good. how will you feel when someone has a bad trip and jumps from a roof from eating your shrooms. technically, you arent a murderer, however, i would say most of us here would consider you one. and you wouldnt?

think morally and ethically, not $$$....

OfflineThe FUnGal FiEnD
Mister, can youplease help mypony?

Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: guitarnut]
    #1707259 - 07/11/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I cant believe the hypocrisy of this forum. I can almost guarantee that NONE of you grew the first shrooms you ate. You bought them. Thats the end of discussion.

--------------------
"Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free." -- Ween

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: The FUnGal FiEnD]
    #1707368 - 07/11/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No need for all the animosity. Bottom line, some people are businessmen and they are going to see the huge potential to make money and ignore the risk when growing/dealing mushrooms. Other people are going to view mushrooms intellectually/spiritually and enjoy them and give them to their friends and help people out. It's just your style, dealing isn't wrong it's just risky, it's just another business. Likewise, not dealing is fine too if you don't want the risk. Let people deal and fuck up and get caught, it won't effect you at all. No one is going to shut down the shroomery (or even know anyone had anything to do with it) if someone gets busted dealing. It's not like no one knows about this sight, it has 5 million fucking hits. You don't get a sight with that much traffic that isn't monitored.
Those are my thoughts, take them for what they are.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: lemunhed]
    #1707484 - 07/11/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well, this post has degraded into people getting mad about dealing, but i have a question that has something to do with yeilds i guess, so il post it here instead of starting a new thread. I have a outdoor patch and i sorta dug it up a little (just by hand) and i saw a little bit of white growth where i started the patch. my patch is in a spot that used to be a big heap of manure. there was a LOT of plants that had popped up all around the perimeter of my patch, and the same day i dug up the patch to check for growth i pulled out most of these plants.. and i spotted what looks like healthy mycelium to me, but it was about a foot away from the original patch! i lloked aroudn some more and found anohter white patch.. do you think its magikal mushroom mycelium or some other kind of white growth or mycelium for another species (ive never seen mushrooms grow in this spot before though)? anyway, i hope the sun doesnt dry it all up, ive been watering it a bit on the really hot days...

and my take on dealing shrooms is... if your going to do it, dont talk about it here. Ill admit i tried to sell shrooms, but I ended up never collecting any money from these "deals". I 'dealt' only to friends, i gave them the shrooms on a 'front', and i gave them really good deals, and they never paid me.... cheap bastards, but i didnt really care too much. (2 of these so called 'friends' i now have major beef with,but NOT over the shrooms...they have theirs coming) One guy did trade me 7 grams of some really good pot for 7 grams of shrooms, and that was pretty cool. for the record, i'd never try to sell shrooms again, not worth it. I would, however, occasionally trade for pot, and i beleive there is nothing wrong with that.

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Edited by GWAR (07/11/03 11:36 PM)

OfflineThe FUnGal FiEnD
Mister, can youplease help mypony?

Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: GWAR]
    #1708621 - 07/12/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

nobody thinks your cool cuz "you admit it, you tried to sell shrooms." Please, kill yourself.

--------------------
"Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free." -- Ween

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: The FUnGal FiEnD]
    #1711244 - 07/13/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: ]
    #1711353 - 07/13/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Me too.

Offlinejonas

Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: daba]
    #1711591 - 07/13/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Listen, just to set the record straight ... I started growing with the intentions of growing for myself and some buddies. Just for us, no dealing involved. I've never shroomed and wanted my first trip to be the fruits of my labor. But somewhere along the lines, I thought of a way to grow mass amounts of shrooms, and you can find that in the FAQ Contributions forum. Its nothing fancy, but looks like it should work. So I decided I'd try it. And my friend decided that since he has the connections, he could get rid of the extra shrooms (and there should be a lot of them) and make some good money.

Now as for my decision at that point. I made my decision and that's that. Some think dealing is wrong, others don't. I don't see the problem though ... it's not like I'll be buying guns with the money, I'll be using to put me through college most likely.

If you guys have a problem with that, then so be it. I can't change that. But for the record, this NEVER began as a way to make money. It just sort of evolved into it. I guess what I'm saying is, if dealing's not for you, then don't do it, if it is ... well do what you gotta do.

Offlinejonas

#1711597 - 07/13/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

One more thing ... where I said "I" or "my friend" or something to that extent ... I sometimes accidentally write "I" when I mean my left sneaker. So where I said "I started growing shrooms ...", substitute as "My left sneaker started growing shrooms ..." :grin:

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1711924 - 07/13/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jonas said:
One more thing ... where I said "I" or "my friend" or something to that extent ... I sometimes accidentally write "I" when I mean my left sneaker. So where I said "I started growing shrooms ...", substitute as "My left sneaker started growing shrooms ..." :grin: 

I don't think the jury will giggle the same way you did when that is read aloud in court. 

Offlinejonas

Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: YidakiMan]
    #1714009 - 07/14/03 11:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe so, but I forgot to write that in so better late than never.

Offlinerubixc21
seeker
Loc: british columbia, greater...
Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1714063 - 07/14/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the more layers you can create in casing your outdoor patch the bigger your friends yield will be, the yield is directly related to the depth of the substrate in my (friends) experience. Having said that, other factors will affect overall yields, rain, dry weather, pests, etc. The first flush is apparently also very small, like a scout for the mycelial mass. Stamets The Mushroom Cultivator covers all aspects your friend will ever need to know about in or outdoor cultivation, a worth while investment.

OfflineMAGICSNOOP
mob boss
Loc: bud park
    #1714065 - 07/14/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

lol

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor Yields, please somebody post on this! [Re: MAGICSNOOP]
    #1714473 - 07/14/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The vast majority of online communication is inadmissable in court, unless it comes from an email with your signature on it. The jury would never get a chance to giggle at it or not, but the cops and DA can use it to aide their investigation, just not the trial.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#1718849 - 07/15/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ahhh Thats a bit of relief.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract