Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

Loc: Colorado
Some trip tips please?
    #1711442 - 07/13/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Im tripping shrooms first time tommorow  :crazy2:

I just want to know what some good things to keep in mind are, while tripping, so I don't have a bad trip. 

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Some trip tips please? [Re: deltron]
    #1711560 - 07/13/03 03:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Bad trips are created by you worrying if your trip is becoming bad.  :smile: 

Here's a tip if things get to be overwhelming at times (if you take a small initial dose you won't have to worry about the following info as much...)

Tip:  No matter how weird the thought patterns may become...just remind yourself it's JUST the drug you ingested affecting your mind.  Don't try to attach meaning to the actual experience...just LET GO and ride out the experience as a passing thought.  Thoughts aren't anything to be a fraid of...as soon as you "step back" from the deep thought pattern your trip may be causing, you can immediately allow it to fade out as fast as it faded in...and enjoy the weirdness of it without being frigthened by it.  :smile:

Obviously, please dose yourself intelligently and safely...then HAVE FUN!

Love & Light,

Boppity   

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1711672 - 07/13/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

welcome bad trips, and they won't stay "bad" for long..... The longer you try to hide from "bad" thoughts or images in your mind and the more attention you pay to any given "bad" thought or image, the longer it will stick around and the more attention it will demand.

All of my previous "bad" moments have been due to me either simply THINKING that something had gone wrong and then not being able to recover from that feeling, OR have been due to me getting hung up on one specific thought or vision that came by - once I stop paying attention to "the whole thing," and "zoom in" on one particular part of my trip, I can easily get into one of those thought-loops where you forget you're even "zoomed in" and ignoring most of the trip, just obsessing about one little "part of the whole."

Don't know if that connected with anybody, but basically my advice would be SMILE and if things get creepy just relax and let it go. If you smoke pot, take a bong hit - if you don't, get some water and RELAX RELAX RELAX! Before you know it, thought processes like "oh man am I going nuts?" or "oh my god the cops are right outside and they're going to bust in as soon as I forget about them!" will turn into things like "oooo this lighter looks neat" or "yummy! water is GOOD!"

remember that many of your thoughts will seem WAY MORE PROFOUND AND IMPORTANT than you may be used to, and when you come back a lot of the stuff you felt was so vital may not seem very stable or even reasonable :wink: - "i'm on drugs, heheh woah"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (07/13/03 04:44 PM)

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: Some trip tips please? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1711932 - 07/13/03 06:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Very very well put Strumpling. That is going into my scrapbook. You really hit the nail on the head.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

OfflineHannibal88
Aryan Psychonaut
Loc: farfromvalhalla
Re: Some trip tips please? [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1711963 - 07/13/03 06:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't walk around too much for about 1 hour after ingestion, or you'll increase your nausea.

One thing I always remember is that once you've eaten a drug, it's not going to go away until it's ready to. The best thing to do if you start to get a bad trip is to realize that you can't make it disappear, but that you can turn your trip around by deciding to ride it rather than fight it.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Some trip tips please? [Re: Hannibal88]
    #1714273 - 07/14/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah Hannibal you triggered some other thoughts I wanted to express, and Ranksraggy, thanks for the props :wink:

"once you've eaten a drug, it's not going to go away until it's ready to."

Very good :wink: I think it is very important if you are not enjoying yourself during a trip to step back from your thoughts and say to yourself "hey wait a minute!! I've been waiting for this trip for fuckin months now and I even posted stuff on the forums asking for advice and did all this shit to make sure I had a good time, and now somehow here I am wasting my trip by worrying about something-er-other and getting all scared.... what a waste of shroomies! Man I took these things to have a good time, and 'god dammit i'm going to have a blast! woooooohoooooooooooooooo!!'" heh you can give yourself "pep-talks" of some sort :smile: to remind yourself that once this trip is over, you'll be pissed if you spent most of it all scared or bugged-out about something. Its NEVER TOO LATE FOR A BAD TRIP TO TURN GOOD. In fact, "NOW" is always the best time for a bad trip to turn good. Take charge :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

#1714363 - 07/14/03 03:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

omg I just ate it and i am waiting for my frind to get here and it looks like the screen is blinkin on and off

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1716102 - 07/14/03 10:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hey hey so how'd it go man?

Any questions/comments/observations/occurances you'd like to bring up?

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile::):):):):):):) :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

#1716813 - 07/15/03 01:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

wow...amazing

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports