Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHannibal88
Aryan Psychonaut
Loc: farfromvalhalla
How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with?
    #1710211 - 07/12/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was just wondering how much people use, assuming they have extra to spare. I've done 1-3 cc's, depending on my availability and experimentation, and 3 cc's makes for unbelievably fast colonization (one jar did BRF in 12 days). 1 cc sometimes doesn't even do anything for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: Hannibal88]
    #1710365 - 07/12/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #1711075 - 07/13/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My kitten over-innoculated her first time and believe me, she learned a lesson from it!  Several of the jars water content was so screwed but that the spores couldn't even gain hold and didn't even grow after a month.  And because the growth was slowed, contamination was ripe to set in and she lost half of her first jars that way.  :frown:

But oh well!  It was definately a learning experience and my kitten just innoculated 12 new jars today!  :smile:  She is confident that this grow will go much better! 

-Shade

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: MOTH]
    #1711134 - 07/13/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In my friends first experiment he used a 12cc syringe, and did 12 1/2 pints with it. 1/4 cc at 4 points on each jar. The last jar only had enough for two spots. All of the jars fully colonized in a month except for one. The one had a dime sized spot on the bottom that would not colonize, so he made a ghetto case out of it with just straight verm in a tupperware bowl. It is in the incubator since last night, and he is just going to see if it will work. He put one cake in his PMP on July 3, and it is pinning now. The others were put in last week, and one has knots on it now. He had 5 left over that were ready two days ago, so he cold shocked them, and dunked for 24 hours to see the difference. More than you asked for, but I just wanted to let you know his results for his first time. Hopefully he will share some of his fruits with me next weekend.

Anonymous

Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: shakta]
    #1711225 - 07/13/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

haha this reminds my iguana of her first batch she ever done. she got B+ and a free African from a vendor. she started with the african because she only had one syringe of it(she wanted to make sure the syringe didn't contam in storage). dumb ass hit the first jar with 4 cc'c lmao. on the bright side she said that jar took off like a hell hound. in fact it was the first one to be birthed while the other jars are taking there sweet fucking time colonizing the bottom of the jar, you know where all the starch and water builds up when you pc them. but they are getting there. she only did 4 jars of the african so she could use the rest of the syringe in her next batch, the other 8 are B+. point of the story, she must have gotten lucky that the first jar she done did not contam from the extra water but it colonized like a woman pickin' cotton when someone lights the string on fire. lol

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1711347 - 07/13/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

LOL. One thing my friend figured out while colonizing his jars was smacking them a bit. Once their is myc on all sides and it starts growing on the bottom, you can flip them and give the lid a good wack. At this point they have shrunk some and it creates a bit of space between the bottom and the cake. It seemed to make the bottoms finish up faster for sure, since they were not deprived of air, and having to grow while smashed against the glass from the whole weight of the cake. I don't know if this had any real benefit, but it seemed to help his cakes finish up. All except for that one of course.

Offlinecerealrat
Stranger
Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? *DELETED* [Re: Hannibal88]
    #1711410 - 07/13/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by cerealrat

Reason for deletion:  

Offlinejoeinc
journeyman
Male
Loc: Brooklyn, NYC
Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: cerealrat]
    #1711992 - 07/13/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

1cc all the time...12 jars to a case....12ccs in a syringe (from TLG)
makes the math really easy... and I've never gotten faster colonization by using more spore solution..so why waste it??

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: joeinc]
    #1712077 - 07/13/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You don't wanna use more than 1cc per half pint jar, it screws up the water content. If you want faster colonization than make a syringe and put a lot of spores in it. Don't ever add more liquid though, that's not a good idea. The water content is set that way for a reason, this is the biggest key in colonization.. water content.

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: Hannibal88]
    #1712112 - 07/13/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i do a squirt down each side.... i end up using a few CCs per jar..
(quart jar, WBS)
but it dont really matter...
i only do about 2 jars multispore.....
then G2G transfer....
so 1 jar becomes 10....
from those 10 jars, i get a couple prints....
and i still have half a syringe left :smile:

WBS rules.....

:smile:

[hyp] 

OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

Re: How many cc's do you innoculate your jars with? [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1712207 - 07/13/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Snobrdr311 said:
You don't wanna use more than 1cc per half pint jar, it screws up the water content. If you want faster colonization than make a syringe and put a lot of spores in it. Don't ever add more liquid though, that's not a good idea. The water content is set that way for a reason, this is the biggest key in colonization.. water content.

that's bullshit, because AFOAF did some stupid "test" if you go back and look at one of my previous threads, AFOAF had an empty syringe with spores still left in it so AFOAF filled the damn thing up with like 5cc's of TAP WATER and innoculated the hell out of ONE jar, and it colonized like a mutha fucka. although the water content is above what it needs to be, it still colonized just fine and will be birthed here soon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules