Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYellowPurpleHills
Stranger
Post deleted by Administrator
    #1707050 - 07/11/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: YellowPurpleHills]
    #1707319 - 07/11/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

MAOI's will make a trip more intense in most cases only if they have been taken for a short peroid. Long term chronic use of an MAOI usually decreases the effects in most people (emphasis on most, not everyone will react the same).

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #1707425 - 07/11/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Most people dont report much of an increase with MAOIs. I've heard the term "smooths out a mushroom trip"...

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1707486 - 07/11/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I took elavil (trycyclic antidepressant) while having a shitty trip last night. The pills didn't increase the intensity of my trip too much, but they calmed down negative feelings a lot, and made me less anxious.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Erowid's take on MAOI *DELETED* [Re: psilo9com]
    #1708120 - 07/12/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: poke smot!]
    #1708230 - 07/12/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Most people dont report much of an increase with MAOIs. I've heard the term "smooths out a mushroom trip"...

I'd say that those people weren't using the maoi right.. like maybe made tea with rue without grounding it up.

Syrian rue is definetly some kickass stuff I highly reccomend it. I don't know that I'd describe it as mushrooms x2... it's definetly more intense, but it simplifies it to say it simply doubles the trip.

It's awesome check it out.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: Dogomush]
    #1708512 - 07/12/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In my case I make a extraction with the Syrian rue, and make small M & M size tar balls.
I take one of these 45 before a trip.
I cannot tell if it makes it 2X more potent, but definitely the trip is different.
Smother less edgy and more positive, I like it very much and I always use it.
The effect is hard to describe, is like rue allows you to experience the mushroom world at a speed that you can handle, maybe it is more potent but you can deal with what you are experiencing better.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: LOBO]
    #1708620 - 07/12/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Since we're on the topic of MAOI's,I would like to point out that natural ones like Syrian Rue are much safer than pharm. ones when taken with psychedelics. IMO,it is dangerous to take a pharm. MAOI with most recreational drugs.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: monoamine]
    #1709119 - 07/12/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Not forgetting there are diffrent types of Maoi some may work other dont. I think it may have something to do with type a Maoi and type b Maoi.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineBardo
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: EvilGir]
    #1709164 - 07/12/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I only tried it ones, and resulted in my only real mush. bad trip to date. it was just grounded harmala seeds, and it was no fun at all. Not even the lovely visuals I normally have (wich I thought it would strenghten), but just a mean mindfuck.
but I think I'll try it again some time. but with extracted harmala instead, as I think the grounded seeds are too "rough" (plus I've read a lot about it not being good for the body). And probably a lower dose, as I think it was also due to the high dose. But I think you should try it, and see if it's for you. but start low :smile: and remember the diet! its quite dangerous if you dont know anything about it!

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: Bardo]
    #1709432 - 07/12/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I did about 1 gram of cubes and split over 10 grams of rue with my little bor and one friend of his, they each took just under a gram of cubes.

And that could have been the best trip I had in my whole life , if my brother stopped freaking out and his friend didnt puke so much , think that I am the DEVIL etc etc , in the morning , still tripping hard, we had a great time smoking hash though......I LOVED IT, even though they found it to be a "bit intense"

my bro was looking real scared and I said "whoa man you look like you have been seeing ghoasts all night" and then he looked MUCH MORE SCARED and I said ......."well what do you want me to call them???"!!

and during this time I WAS seeing some pretty fucked up shit come through the walls etc, I dont know if it was the rue but I measured out WAY more than needed , but the rue made a gram of cubes amazing

Next time(coming up soon couple of days) I am going to do 3 grams of rue and a gram and a half of cubes ALONE:)

--------------------

OfflineYellowPurpleHills
Stranger
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1714787 - 07/14/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1715259 - 07/14/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I wish I could use syrian rue for oral DMT use, but I'm on anti-depressents and that's supposed to be a no-no.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: Twirling]
    #1717579 - 07/15/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"whre do you get..."
seeds of Peganum harmala are widely available on the internet (prices anywhere from $10/oz or  more to like $15/lb, so shop around :wink: )...
the plant is considered a "noxious weed" in some parts of the american southwest...
some middle eastern stores (arab, pakistani, indian, etc.) may carry the seeds as dye, incense, medicine, whatever... (names such as esphand, spand, zit-el-harmel, etc...)
and relatively pure alkaloids crystals can be extracted using white vinegar (hot soak ground seeds)& table salt (add 100 gm/liter & chill), with yields ranging from 2% up to maybe 8% harmine & harmaline HCl salts... & active doses ranging from like 50 mg up to maybe 175 - 250 mg for full MAO inhibition)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Erowid's take on MAOI *DELETED* [Re: Twirling]
    #1717759 - 07/15/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: poke smot!]
    #1718094 - 07/15/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't actually think you would die from mixing rue with an SSRI,unless you're an unlucky bastard. It's still not a good idea though.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: monoamine]
    #1718466 - 07/15/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I have no intention of doing such a thing. I'm quiet aware that it's very dangerous.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Erowid's take on MAOI [Re: Twirling]
    #1720346 - 07/16/03 02:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

here what I want to know

I have done Rue before and avoided all the food and drugs I thought I was supposed to but I wasent sure about HOW LONG I was not to eat and use certain things, soI picked 24 hours before and after my RUE but I have since done 12 before and after and the problem I have is there is info about what not to eat but no specific times

HOW LONG SHOULD I NOT EAT CERTAIN FOOD , before and after rue?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds