Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: Turd]
    #1664645 - 06/26/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The last segment (where they are trying to convert the robot) is one the trippiest damn things ive seen in a while. All the shorts were way out there. Notably the one with the kids and the robot convert.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: shroomsi8]
    #1666893 - 06/27/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Tell me, in where did they mention the illuminati?

There were a couple seens with the pyriminds, and in one way could represent modern day as well as altantis.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1668150 - 06/27/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

animatrix is playing at the imax in the atlanta area....that would tight as hell to see

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1675926 - 07/01/03 02:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Actually I think it's spelled "Zion" and is probably derived from the "zionist" movement which created israel.  A "zionist" in today's world would be someone who believes the jews deserve a home land and the israel is that homeland.  I have no opinion on that, I just thought that little bit of info might interest someone out there :-p  (zionism = jews deserve a homeland....  "zion" = humans' last "homeland")

You've got it the wrong way around. :smile: Put simply, Zion is the Promised Land -- the land promised to the Jews by God -- I think to Abraham -- if they kept up the various parts of the Covenant.

The Zionist movement derives from this -- they're the ones who think that the Jewish people should have a distict, national homeland.

It's kind of interesting when you think about it, because you can draw parallels between Matrix Zion and Israel -- they're both the last holdout for a people; (well, kinda...%) they're both under seige by various influnces...

The Matrix has always had really trippy religious symbolism incorporated into it -- in the new movie, for example, the car Agent Smith drives has a livense plate that has "IS" followed by a number on it.  This relates to a passage in the bible from the book of Isaiah about a smith.  Look on google for the exact passage; I forget.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1675929 - 07/01/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LostMetropolis said:
The last segment (where they are trying to convert the robot) is one the trippiest damn things ive seen in a while. All the shorts were way out there. Notably the one with the kids and the robot convert.

All I can say is that the guy who put that segment together had to have done a LOT of mescaline. From what I understand, it incorporates a lot of classic imagery in the trippiest scenes.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: Sev]
    #1675994 - 07/01/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It's kind of interesting when you think about it, because you can draw parallels between Matrix Zion and Israel -- they're both the last holdout for a people; (well, kinda...%) they're both under seige by various influnces...

Hehe, yah that's what I was trying to say but you articulated it better than I could :-p

still, pretty cool that way.  The matrix does have a pretty cool story, but I think it would actually have done a lot better as a book....  it just seems like it would have lent itself really well to the "imaginary" wolds of books, there would be so many great amazing ways to create the world of the matrix.  I mean, the watchowski bros did it pretty well, but I coulda done it better lol  :tongue2: 

OfflineHardicus
MR
Male
Loc: Australia
    #1687439 - 07/05/03 02:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

omg, last night me and a few mates sat down and watched the animatrix on mushies, and let me say, it broke us. I've seen it a number of times prior to last night, but this time, it was absolutely mindblowing, THE trippiest thing i'd ever seen in my life.

We had to turn it off to stop ourselves from losing it! :P

Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: Hardicus]
    #1687959 - 07/05/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've only seen the free episodes but i would imagin the second rennaisance to be pretty bad trip inducing..what with all the humans being ripped apart etc...

Offlinesoulflyer
Exploringmusichead!

Loc: Vancouver B.C. Canada
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: fjbk47985]
    #1705015 - 07/11/03 02:50 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Omg i watched it with a couple of my friends when i was baked out of my mind and the whole time my mouth was open wide. I was speechless. i dont remember specific details from all of em, but man the last one...all i can say is WOW. the colors and patters were unfuckinbelievable i cant even imagine wat it would be like on mush. Everyone should rent or buy it as soon as possible and you`ll see wat i mean!!

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: soulflyer]
    #1706377 - 07/11/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was on 6 grams syrain rue and watching the movie. Holy shit the movie was mind blowing i was peaking about after the 2th show rue last for along time. After the movie i went to bed but could not sleep the images of the movie were passing in front of my eyes this was scaring me. Rue make more emotions more highten. All i wanted it the evil out of my head i was grabbing my hair trying to make the pain of pulling hair out get rid of this feeling i had. I manage to take control of my slef and let out the longest vomit i ever had after that.(gladly in a bucket) I stumble out into the living room and watched some normal TV being amazed at the feelings i was having with the images on the TV.

But all in all the movie was VERY strong and i was very fucked up.

--------------------
DO what I Would

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: ANIMATRIX!!!! [Re: Remut]
    #1708205 - 07/12/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The Animatrix is really tight and I'll have to watch it next time I smoke bud, though last night I watched The Matrix while stoned. That movie is genious! There are so many things I noticed that give the viewer hints that it is not the real world, but a machine created world: Everything is green to the point where you could almost see the matrix code like Neo sees it at the end, almost all the walls, ceilings, and floors of all the sets have a grid pattern or very rigid line designs showing the structured nature of the machines, while the Nebuchadnezzer has blue and red wires curving around everything which represents the human blood circulation system. And the way the camera captures each shot in the movie as if it was a comic book! I kept on freezing all these still images in my mind thinking this would be an awesome comic!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom