Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline3Mshroom
old hand

Re: How many hours of light?
    #17078 - 05/15/00 11:54 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

You only need light to initiate growth. 3 or 4 hours a day is more then enough.

------------------
Be sure to check out www.3mshrooms.homestead.com for your spore needs

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: How many hours of light? [Re: 3Mshroom]
    #17080 - 05/18/00 12:30 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Is too much light bad? I am trying to get a couple to fruit, and my roommates have the AC running, so I have the light by the aquarium on all the time to keep the temp up.

Anonymous

#17081 - 05/18/00 01:54 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

dude, mushrooms undergo photosynthesis in the dark, so if you don't turn that light off they won't be able to convert that light into nutrients. you'll just get burnt aborts. hmm, wait abort are pretty strong if you take enough. as for how long, i'd go for a good 6 -8 hours.

Anonymous

#17082 - 05/18/00 02:26 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

3Mshroom is right about the light. P. Cubensis is a "phototropic" species of mushroom, meaning it grows toward the light. I will attach a pic from Stamet's GGMM. He says that only a few minutes are acutally needed to allow the mushroom to orient itself.

reefermidget, photosynthesis is a process of plants that contain chlorophyl, I believe its the conversion of light into sugars/nutrients. Fungi lack that function. Their nutrients come from the substrate. I haven't seen any green mushies lately. I am curious where you read that info. Would like to try and reference it myself.

Zazu, When I started, I stressed on every little detail, light, heat, etc... You don't need to worry about the temp unless they like to keep it at 55F Anywhere from upper 60's and up has proven sufficient for me. My current Eq myclelium go colonizing like crazy at a steady 72F. If you still want the light for a heat source, just put a piece of cardboard between it and the shrooms or buy one of those ceramic lizard heaters that screw in place of a normal bulb.

Peace.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-
"Old enough to know better, Young enough to do it anyway."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate