Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDoctorJ
"Nazi, Satanist Anti-Christ"
Male

Loc: space
Re: to those that vote based on tax cuts [Re: Cornholio]
    #1714093 - 07/14/03 02:11 PM (18 years, 24 days ago)

"'In a totally undeveloped area, Large amounts of money are necessary to bring development. '

If this were true, no country would ever have become developed. Paleolithic societies didn't have lots of money to throw around. What is required for development is productive effort and access to technology. "

Sorry, I meant that in this situation (undevelopment) large conglomerations of money were helpful; ie- one organization controling a large percentage of available funds and resources. Thats how most places get developed.

"'And our population is higher... '

Higher than who? Or do you mean "higher than it was in the past"? Either way, what does that have to do with justifying high taxes?

Higher than it has ever been before, and higher than undeveloped areas. and I'm not rying to justify high taxes for everyone, only the wealthy, and only if the money is put to good use. The problem now is that there are people so wealthy that they can literally buy the government and use the federal reserve and the IRS for their own ends.

"Who decides what these good things might be? "

Circumstance. If you knew what our circumstances were right now, you would agree with every word I'm saying. Right now, I think that circumstance demand we increase our tech to the point where our expansion is not confined to this planet. I think we should be doing this sooner, rather than later, because it will take a long time and we don't have much.

Too bad one organization controls our whole media and keeps millions in the dark about our circumstances...

"Let me get this straight. Are you saying I have no right to keep the stuff I earned or had given to me as a gift by others of their own free will -- because others believe they can utilize my stuff better than I can? "

On a personal level, I'm sure whatever possesions you have are not much infraction on the total wealth of the planet. One can live quite comfortably and even accomplish quite a bit without hitting that cieling, but it is there.

But when it comes to large conglomerations of old money controlled by people who are oblivious to the circumstances of the world right now... I would agree with your statement.

"Fraud should be (and is) illegal, and therefore a matter for the courts. "

That statement is hilariously naive. What about people who have enough money and connections to buy the courts?

Ever hear of John Markham? World Com? John markam blatantly cheated hundreds of millions of dollars, and the SEC revoked his liscense and gave him a $15 million fine. His company's severance package was $30 million.

And thats just a blatant criminal. There are many others who dont break laws, but are always bending them to their advantage. Lawyers guns and money is all it takes. Believe me, my Dad is a lawyer, I know.

"'... and maniplulate the very fabric of the economy itself. '

A phrase so vague as to be meaningless. Specifics, please. "

If you can influence both the federal reserve and the IRS, you basically run the economy. You think that money in your pocket is valuable because it can be exchanged for goods and services, but who controls the rate? And where is that rate now compared to 30 years ago? Where is that rate going?

Among just a few measures of control... put down the textbooks and use your imagination.

"Principles are principles. Freedom is freedom. No matter what stage of the game someone may be in on any given day, freedom from forcible interference for all individuals is of the greatest possible longterm benefit to all."

Dude, a lot of the stuff that you write sounds directly out of Ayn Rand or some economics textbook. You know those are just theories, right? You need to quite thinking in terms of absolutes. Whats good now isn't always good... there is no universal truth, there is only pragmatics.

why don't you try thinking about all the factors of the worlds situation right now instead of turning to a textbook and memorizing its rhetoric? I love freedom, too- thats why I want to ensure its survival. freedom has great potential for good and evil. we must maintain proper balance.

--------------------
'You can go to a hospital
Get yourself cleaned out.'

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom