Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Amerika
oh my lord this is fucked
    #1708098 - 07/12/03 10:43 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

these devices can be picked up by hidden sensors.  eventually everything you own and wear will have one of these detectable bar codes on them.  you walk past a sensor and its like an x-ray machine telling it everything you have in your purse, pockets, wallet, and what size and color your underwear is.  these detectable bar codes are already on products in grocery stores and they are not labeled as having them.

"You do give up a bit of privacy but the benefit could be that you live," said Margulis."

ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: oh my lord this is fucked [Re: 1stimer]
    #1708144 - 07/12/03 11:23 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Anything from salon.com is suspect at best.

Loc: outta here
Re: oh my lord this is fucked [Re: shakta]
    #1708159 - 07/12/03 11:31 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This has been widely reported, and these tags have been in use for years, but on the outside of packaging.

RFID Site Security Gaffe Uncovered by Consumer Group

CASPIAN asks, "How can we trust these people with our personal data?"

CASPIAN (Consumers Against Supermarket Privacy Invasion and Numbering) says anyone can download revealing documents labeled "confidential" from the home page of the MIT Auto-ID Center web site in two mouse clicks.

The Auto-ID Center is the organization entrusted with developing a global Internet infrastructure for radio frequency identification (RFID). Their plans are to tag all the objects manufactured on the planet with RFID chips and track them via the Internet.

Privacy advocates are alarmed about the Center's plans because RFID technology could enable businesses to collect an unprecedented amount of information about consumers' possessions and physical movements. They point out that consumers might not even know they're being surveilled since tiny RFID chips can be embedded in plastic, sewn into the seams of garments, or otherwise hidden.

"How can we trust these people with securing sensitive consumer information if they can't even secure their own web site?" asks CASPIAN Founder and Director Katherine Albrecht.

You can find all of these documents here:

The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: oh my lord this is fucked [Re: Edame]
    #1708371 - 07/12/03 01:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I seen a story on that in the local news. Just one step closer to zero privacy folks.

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion