Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
the architecture of the police state
    #1707749 - 07/12/03 03:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

from http://takingaim.info/shows/audio.html

From Murder Inc. to Total Control: The Architecture of the Police State

June 17, 2003

Cameras and microphones that capture what you see and hear; sensors that record what you feel. Global positioning satellite devices that log every movement; biomedical sensors that monitor vital signs. Internet activity, telephone calls and voicemails stored; mail and faxes scanned. Links established to every radio and television broadcast heard and every newspaper, magazine, book website or database seen would be recorded.

Sound like Brave New World? Welcome to LifeLog, a new project of the Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Agency (DARPA). Four LifeLog contracts will be awarded this summer to capture a person's "experience in and interactions with the world."

DARPA's "Terrorism Information Awareness Program" was presented to Congress on May 20, 2003. With projects such as MInDet (Misinformation Detection), ARM (Activity, Recognition and Monitoring) and LifeLog, DARPA develops tools to detect, classify and identify "terrorists" based upon profiles and patterns.

On September 15, 2001, four days after the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, CIA Director George Tenet presented a top secret "Worldwide Attack Matrix" ? an assassination hit-list targeting individuals in 80 countries around the world ? to President George W. Bush. Within months, both the United States and Israel declared open season on dissidents. Covert ops and, particularly, assassination, are presented now as standard military and intelligence procedures in the new and open-ended "War on Terror."

From Murder, Inc. to Total Control: The Architecture of the Police State examines methods used by the ruling class to control opposition and to suppress dissent here and abroad.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: the architecture of the police state [Re: iglou]
    #1707844 - 07/12/03 04:29 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Unbelieveable that the American public would let this happen. Perhaps when people feel 9/11 is far enough behind them to start critizing the Government again, they'll speak out.

badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: the architecture of the police state [Re: iglou]
    #1708095 - 07/12/03 10:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sorry, what year is this? 1984? I love big brother...

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion