Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlinetwistedty
Forcefully Retired
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle
Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #17074715 - 10/21/12 06:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Oh ya, I bought all new gear 2 seasons ago, and easily spent 2 grand. My friend has one of those cams really looking forward to using it this winter.

they are fun, and easily clip into your helmet with the proper attachments

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: HB]
    #17075136 - 10/21/12 07:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HB said:
Quote:

elax420 said:
Damn that sounds awesome. What resort did you go to in UT? How would you compare the terrain of the lcc or bcc resorts (snowbird alta brighton solitude) to mammoth? or where ever you went ive been all over the UT resorts.

I went to Park City in Utah.  The snow was fantastic but the runs/overall mountain left something to be desired in the end.  As a resort, it is nothing in comparison to Mammoth except for the quality of the snow, which was great at all times just like Mammoth.  I snowboarded at Park City for a few days and had a good time but it wasn't a repeatable experience since I don't live in Utah (so it'd be expensive to travel there just to snowboard) and since Mammoth has such better runs overall and such a large scale as a mountain and is fairly local to me  ... there are so many different runs at Mammoth that it's hard to get bored and it's unlikely that you will find yourself repeating many runs because there are so many great runs to hit, there's simply no need to repeat many runs.  I love having lots of choices of awesome runs when snowboarding so that I can always shake it up at any time and hit a different run every time so there's lots of variety and very little "sameness".

So yeah, Mammoth is my favorite resort of all resorts I've been to by a large margin and it is a mountain I could never get bored snowboarding on.  I always give it the highest regard since I lived and worked at the resort for months and had a consistently great time every single day on the slopes and every single night at the local parties.  For a good time, Mammoth is next to impossible to beat 24 hours a day.

Of course, this is all just my own opinion ... but like I quoted earlier with snowboarding being pretty much my favorite activity in the world, I take my snowboarding seriously and am out to have the best time possible when putting the time, money and effort into a multi-day snowboarding trip.

Damn bummer you went to PCMR pretty shitty mountain overall if you don't like park riding. Doesn't get a whole lot of snow, not very steep and probably the most crowded resort in UT. If you ever find yourself in UT again i recommend snowbird or brighton. The good thing about UT, if you come here for a multi day, is all the major resorts are literally right next to each other. Within a 45 min drive from the SLC airport you can hit 7 resorts. SLC is a great place to live if you like Outdoorsy sports.

Edited by elax420 (10/21/12 07:01 PM)

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: elax420]
    #17076409 - 10/21/12 10:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've always snowboarded on entry level equipment. This thread makes me want to get some good gear. I don't have that kind of money though. I feel like my money would be better spent on a season pass than to buy all new gear and not be able to afford to get out on the slopes. A boy can dream though...

Offlinetwistedty
Forcefully Retired
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: bryguy27007]
    #17076413 - 10/21/12 10:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

a season pass would pay for itself in five rips, definetly a number one priority imo

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: twistedty]
    #17076652 - 10/21/12 11:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

twistedty said:
a season pass would pay for itself in five rips, definetly a number one priority imo

About 9 times at the hill close to me, but yeah. It's fucking 400 dollars for a pass though, 450 after halloween. It's not even that great of a slope, but it's the best we have unless I want to drive 2.5 or 5 hours. I don't know if I can swing that.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: bryguy27007]
    #17076693 - 10/21/12 11:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

glad this thread got ressurected. I busted out some of my gear last night to play around with it. got my season pass, and im ready to rip all of colorado next month.

A-basin in colorado opened 5 days ago, were all fucking slacking if you ask me

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #17076757 - 10/21/12 11:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ZippoZ said:
glad this thread got ressurected. I busted out some of my gear last night to play around with it. got my season pass, and im ready to rip all of colorado next month.

A-basin in colorado opened 5 days ago, were all fucking slacking if you ask me

too early. unless you have rock gear would not be worth it.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: elax420]
    #17077060 - 10/22/12 01:02 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The mountains around here are going to pick up a couple feet this week....and so it begins :uptosomething: .

-OM

--------------------

InvisibleDorian Gray
▐═██████═───
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: triple k mafia Flag
Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: openmind]
    #17077068 - 10/22/12 01:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: openmind]
    #17077082 - 10/22/12 01:14 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
The mountains around here are going to pick up a couple feet this week....and so it begins :uptosomething: .

-OM

Yes buddy! Bring it on!

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlinetwistedty
Forcefully Retired
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone snowboard? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #17077153 - 10/22/12 01:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

im asking myself why im going so late! dececember 4th :frown:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom