Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
I got furry balls....hehehehehe
    #1707548 - 07/12/03 01:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ok well I'm just keeping yall updated, This is day 13 soon to be 14 in 5 mins where I live, since I have birthed my cakes. Sitll no pins on my cakes. I got furry balls tho. I'm just hoping the grow soon, i am patient but this is getting to me. I feel like they will never come. I grew these jars with a mycelium syringe could this be a factor on why it has been 2 weeks and still no mushies? Im bout to cry. :shake: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: I got furry balls....hehehehehe [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1707564 - 07/12/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Shouldn't matter I don't think.

If you are talking about the fuzzy balls like my casings had those aren't hyphal knots (although I really wanted them to be). Those look like tiny pieces of styrofoam thrown on the top of your cake. Keep it at the temp/humidity they like, don't give up hope.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: I got furry balls....hehehehehe [Re: neutralizer]
    #1707579 - 07/12/03 02:06 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I think they are hyphal knots, I posted a pic of one before.

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip

Deleted [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1707760 - 07/12/03 03:23 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: I got furry balls....hehehehehe [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #1707783 - 07/12/03 03:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

temp is 75, RH 95-100% I think I'm just gonna fucking forget about um and stop looking at um they are getting to me

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
    #1707799 - 07/12/03 03:57 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

o and yea perlite

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1707841 - 07/12/03 04:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I grew these jars with a mycelium syringe could this be a factor on why it has been 2 weeks and still no mushies?

No. Unless you isolated monokaryon mycelium only, then it would not have the ability to fruit. But from the pictures in your other post, it is pretty much clear that did not happen. I think I recall reading something about sometimes mated pairs do not fruit or fruit very poorly. If you were to have isolated this poor dikaryon mycelium then you may have a problem. It is doubtful that you isolated anything of this matter if you used multi-spore to create the liquid culture (like a honey tek). It is not out of the bounds of possibility though.

Quote:

I got furry balls tho

There is a difference between a furry ball of mycelium and a knot. A knot will look like a miniature ping pong ball, and then it will show a cap. I have seen these furry balls of growth before. From the ones I have personally viewed I can only speculate that they are the mycelium trying to get to the surface so it can get more air or perhaps get moisture from that same air.

Quote:

temp is 75, RH 95-100%

That sounds perfect.

Quote:

I think I'm just gonna fucking forget about um and stop looking at um they are getting to me

Good thinking. You are worrying far too much. Keep the vermiculite layer on the top moist. Fan some fresh air in there, and give it a misting afterwards. Then wait more. Two weeks is not an excessive amount of time to wait, but I would put money on incorrect humidity...

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleGestaltAssault
Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
Re: I got furry balls....hehehehehe [Re: ATWAR]
    #1708047 - 07/12/03 09:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

maybe you have excess co2 build up...have you tried fanning out the terrarium?

--------------------

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: I got furry balls....hehehehehe [Re: GestaltAssault]
    #1708200 - 07/12/03 12:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What strain are you growing? In my humble experience Thai strains take fucking forever to pin. If you are growing EQ's like everyone else in the world then your pins are long overdue. Just keep waiting, I have waited 2.5 weeks before for pins.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Please Please Please read urgent!!!!!!! [Re: lemunhed]
    #1708265 - 07/12/03 12:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

<Unless you isolated monokaryon mycelium only, then it would not have the ability to fruit.>

FUCKKKKK I did not want to hear that. I am so fucking pissed now, I am not sure if this is the same thing but when i bought this the guy sent me a mycelium syringe by accident. He let me keep it and sent me a spore syringe, but i dont think the spores are any good cuz i let it sit in my mail box at like 95-100 degrees all fucking day. So i used this mycelium syringe and it was advertised as Equador Mushroom mycelium in Karo-12cc Syringe . Is this the same thing. If so I am gonna cry, i actually already am. Please some one help me this is 2 fucking months down the fucking drain.

Anonymous

Re: Please Please Please read urgent!!!!!!! [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1708278 - 07/12/03 12:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

there are two types of mycelium, when they meet they fruit. try a google search on life cycle of a mushroom. i think the only way to isolate one of the mycelia<sp? is to culture it in agar and isolate one type of mycelium, but i dont think that's what you got if you recieved a karo syringe. these are just thoughts based on the statistics of recieveing only one type of mycelium.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Please Please Please read urgent!!!!!!! [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1708290 - 07/12/03 12:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well that was no help what so ever but thanks. I dont even know WTF karo is.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1708304 - 07/12/03 01:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

>I got furry balls tho.

Furry balls.....Isn?t this called hairy balls?

Patience, patience....there is always hope as long the green doesn?t strike....just keep the cakes in a moist terrarium and the pins will eventually come.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1708305 - 07/12/03 01:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quit being mean to people trying to help. Karo is a clearish syrup, and is used to make myc jars.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Please Please Please read urgent!!!!!!! [Re: shakta]
    #1708331 - 07/12/03 01:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ummm i wasnt being mean i said thanks and said it didnt help me any. If I was being mean I'd say that didnt fucking help at all you cock smuggler. So don't judge me. You have no right. Thank you

Anonymous

#1708897 - 07/12/03 05:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

there are 2 types of karo syrup, light and dark. both are corn syrup. mixed with butter on a plate and sop with some fresh hot biscuits, Mmmm Mmmm good. but for mushroom cultivation i think it is used for nutrients, one of the sugars specifically, dextrose or something like that. sorry for the confusion

OfflineHannibal88
Aryan Psychonaut
Loc: farfromvalhalla
Re: Please Please Please read urgent!!!!!!! [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1708938 - 07/12/03 06:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Don't worry too much man... I had to wait 12 days for my Amazonians to start, and then wham! They just started sprouting all over the place. I've got 20+ pins per half-cake right now.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
HEHEHE I'm Happy I didnt fuck it up = D [Re: Hannibal88]
    #1709331 - 07/12/03 08:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yea this is day 14, and no pins just furry balls that look like they are clinging to the cake by a thin stran. Some are just furry bumps. I am sure now tho I got good shit cuz I dug up an email from the guy. He sent me a mycelium syringe by accident but let me keep it and still sent me a spore syringe filled with flakes of black in it. I did one jar to see if they were any good, cuz they sat in my mailbox 2 days in hot ass weather. Well I think that was 3 days ago maybe and BOOM!! I got mycelium. They colonize so fast,yet take for ever to fruit. Any suggestions anyone? I have a digital hygrometer. The lowest it gets is about 70 degrees ad the highest 80. I'm not to sure of the humidity. Soon as it gets to 89% the next reading is HI. The walls of the tub i am fruiting them in are sweating. And there is slight,slight condensation on the syran wrap. Like it fogs up a lil bit. I am fanning at least once a day cuz im lazy. They are double end casd with verm. The verm i can see growth on not the top of the layer but through it, like in between. The verm is dry, should i mist it with h2o2? This shit just seems to grow like fucking crazy. Just doesnt give me fruits. It has been 2 full weeks, 14 days. And I am yet to see a pin. The strain is EQ. This is what the guy emailed me when i informed him of his mistake.<I am sorry for the mixup.You may keep the syringe,its always good to have extra syringes around.Karo is like stage two,they colonize faster than spores in just sterile water,because the sugar feeds the spores,so they are already germinated,it can knock a week to 10 days off the time it takes for pins to show.It is also sometimes called a "hot"
syringe.It is a good tek to learn in time.>

Thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it you have no clue. I'm just gonna hold my head up and hope they pin, I didnt dunk and cold shock um when I birthed them maybe that is why they are taking so long but i got no clue.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: HEHEHE I'm Happy I didnt fuck it up = D [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1709389 - 07/12/03 08:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The verm is dry, should i mist it with h2o2?

Yep, give them water. Make a solution of water and peroxide. Dont use it strait 3% concentration or it could harm the mycelium. You should also fan about 3 times a day, and mist right after that to replenish humidity you fanned away.

Dunking and cold shocking are not necessary. Keep adding water whenever the verm layer gets dry, keep em in the light, keep fanning fresh air, and keep misting to supplement your perlite. You will have pins soon.

P.S. Try to get a spray bottle that will make as fine of a mist as possible.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: HEHEHE I'm Happy I didnt fuck it up = D [Re: ATWAR]
    #1709430 - 07/12/03 08:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I got one man, It makes a fine mist and i did a 1:20 ration with the peroxide to water. I guess ill mist the tops now. I did very thin layers of verm on the tops, just like a coating. I just wasnt sure if the h2o2 would mees up the mycelium growth i see through out the verm.
Thanks bro =0)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation