Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblenot2sure
journeyman
Loc: west coast
how to best pasturize dehydrated manure, and contams...
    #1706935 - 07/11/03 09:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

as of late, because of the humidity and heat in our area, some casings have been contaming after one flush with green. She couldn't even venture into straw this time of year, as every single attempt ended with green every where. so she sprayed bleach water all over the walls, ceiling and inside and out of the fruiting/incubating chamber. what do you recommend as ways to be more safe?

2. how does one properly pasturize dehydrated manure? should she mix it with some verm? should she sterilize because of the high amount of green in her house? right now she has an old nylon and a bag of manure. what next?!!

TIA

not2sure

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how to best pasturize dehydrated manure, and contams... [Re: not2sure]
    #1706979 - 07/11/03 09:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

dunno about the first bit.

2. pasteurise it. put a big pan of water on the stove, and put the heat on. put a candy thermometer in there, and get it up to somewhere around 170 or so, and get it to keep that temp for a full ten minutes. when you know it's at a stable temp (i've heard quotes of 150 right up to 180. i dunno which is 'right'. i just tried 170 a few times, and it worked out okay) get a few handfuls of that nicely scrumpled manure, stick it in the nylon and dump that in the pan. give it an hour and a half, to be sure. then swiftly lift it out and dump it in the sink for ten minutes or so, to cool down some. then squeeze out lots of water, and hang it up over the sink to drip for a bit

it's the 'lots' that you'll need to play with, as i suppose it depends on the poo  :smile: 

--------------------
buh

Invisiblenot2sure
journeyman
Re: how to best pasturize dehydrated manure, and contams... [Re: shirley knott]
    #1706997 - 07/11/03 09:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

cool thanks!! thats what she has in her head, but does it matter where she lets it drip? if she lets it drip in the kitchen where th green may be most abundant, will it matter, or will the pasturized manure take care of its self.

thanks again

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1707022 - 07/11/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i'm no ubermycologist, but i reckon if you're worried that the air could be dirty with contam spores, you could suspend it on sticks over a bucket in the cupboard. just an idea :smile:   

--------------------
buh

Invisiblenot2sure
journeyman
Re: how to best pasturize dehydrated manure, and contams... [Re: shirley knott]
    #1707031 - 07/11/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

lol, she may just do that, maybe in the grow room, after a lysol shower.

thanks again!!

--------------------

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #1707389 - 07/12/03 12:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What are you using as your method right now? Tell me how you're prepping your substrate and i'll tell you how to improve it. I'd say steralize the dung instead of pasturize, that way everything in it will be totally whiped out. Use a lot of lysol and put it in a terrerium with a closed lid that never gets opened, ever! Use a Vicks cool mist and leave it on 24-7 for optium air exchange. Also be super clean when you do the spawn, spray lysol everywhere when doing this. Spay your incubator out with lysol every day, clean the walls with 91% alc every day.

This should work, as long as all the spores in the manue are killed off and no new one get intoduced you should be fine. Just be extra careful when spawning like I said, and clean out the terrerium after flushes.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how to best pasturize dehydrated manure, and contams... [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1707908 - 07/12/03 05:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
buh

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation