Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDeemstar
Doctor Deemstar
 User Gallery

Loc: The void Flag
Insomniacs?
    #17065341 - 10/20/12 01:59 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Any other Insomniacs on the shroomery? It's currently 3:45 a.m. here and I don't feel tired whatsoever. I got up today at 8:00 a.m and I worked. Can't remember the last time I fell asleep before midnight. The only thing that helps me is some good ol' mary unfortunately I'm on probation and I can't be with her otherwise I'll go to jail for 30+ days. I've had limited success with prescribed sleeping pills but they make me feel extremely groggy in the morning. Some other things that help me is chamomile tea and vigorous sex. Unfortunately im tied up in a long distance relationship because my girlfriend / lover had to move to her mothers to finish up school. Which is 90 miles away. I'm also all out of tea.

I've been considering trying valerian because it's a more natural sleep aid. Anyone care to share experiences and remedies?

--------------------
Gnome-miii-odd
JAH!!! Pasta-far-eye!:bigblunt:
R.I.P. Georgie poor G
A.K.A. Jorgon Lucy

Edited by Deemstar (10/20/12 02:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline0phiuchus
Titan
Male

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: Deemstar]
    #17073361 - 10/21/12 02:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

it's because you don't workout. you have too much energy left over by the end of the day... workout in the mornings, doing some type of cardio in the workout, and by nightfall, you won't know what hit you. one doesn't need any external remedies if one actually does this.

i used to be the same way before i started doing kickboxing...

--------------------
i do not claim ownership of any of the information contained in my posts. what i post is a collection of information from various sources around the web, presumed to have been given freely, and so any advice is given from these various sources. as such, my posts are strictly intended for informational purposes, and are in no way there to facilitate or recommend anyone to perform any illegal activities. one should always consult the laws for ones region before engaging in any activity that may be considered illegal.

Edited by 0phiuchus (10/21/12 02:49 PM)

OfflineDeemstar
Doctor Deemstar
 User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: 0phiuchus]
    #17073473 - 10/21/12 03:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I do workout it doesn't help, and also my job is strenuous it often involves moving heavy furniture around all day, so to say I have pent up energy at the end of the day isn't the problem for me. There's a chemical imbalance in my brain due years of drug abuse.

--------------------
Gnome-miii-odd
R.I.P. Georgie poor G
A.K.A. Jorgon Lucy

Edited by Deemstar (10/21/12 03:09 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #17080383 - 10/22/12 05:05 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Its a real problem and after trying almost everything under the sun, i found that anything that worked, gave a tolerance after a while. Pot works but no more than 1x per week. Klonopin works and i use it 1x per week and another benzo 1x so i'm only using benzos 2x per week and not 2 days in a row ever. I use ambien 1x per week and its nice stuff but you will get a tolerance if you use it often. I have a couple other combinations but those are the main ones. I tried xanax and it works but i like other stuff better.

If you don't have a major problem, try melatonin, chamomile, 5htp, kava, hops, or an anti histamine like benadryl or unisom but take a fraction of a dose at first of the anti-h. Later, if you use them a lot none of that will work very well. Good luck.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
    #17089946 - 10/24/12 12:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i often go 4 or 5 days with no sleep , it makes me want to kill the shithead doctors that refuse to treat it apart from mirtazapine shit that i drop by the handfull with no result .
its fucked because i prefer the dream world to reality but can only dream once a week at the most:mad2:
i would trade all the drugs in the world for a few kilo's of that stillnox crap that got banned in my fascist country:evil:

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: atomicshaman]
    #17092237 - 10/24/12 01:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I find ambien is about the best sleep aid but i don't take it every night because you can get a tolerance quickly on it. Other good ones are mogadon, xanax, lorazepam, klonopin. There are others as well. If your doctor won't prescribe it there are overseas pharmacies that will send to you. I have my favorites but i keep them to myself. Do some looking around.

If mirtazapine doesn't work, try trazodone or doxepin. They may work but if you take them often you get a tolerance. Same with everything. Have you tried otc antihistamines like benadryl or unisom? Insomnia is a curse.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

OfflineDeemstar
Doctor Deemstar
 User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #17092512 - 10/24/12 01:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wow glad to hear from fellow Insomniacs, thanks for all the advice. Wow, atomic shaman I've never gone more than 2 nights without sleep so I couldn't imagine only being able to sleep only couple days a week, but I still feel for ya.

Ambien doesn't work for me it'll make me drowsy, I'll lay down and try to fall asleep and for some reason I'll lay awake for 3+ hours until it wears off I've only tried it a couple times. Benzoes, Flexerol and other muscle relaxers work wonders but I can't get a steady supply. Never had any luck with getting prescriptions from docs. Don't want to bother with online pharms out of fear of getting ripped off. Never tried trazedone as i'm iffy about taking antidepressants because they make me rage for some odd reason.

I don't like benadryl because of the horrifying vivid nightmares they give me.

I'm definately considering doing what stonehenge does and making a schedule and rotating between benzos and naturals, try to do something different each day of the week.

--------------------
Gnome-miii-odd
R.I.P. Georgie poor G
A.K.A. Jorgon Lucy

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
    #17094052 - 10/24/12 06:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the alternative med suggestions .
anti deppressants seem to make me feel the rage also these days.

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
    #17104045 - 10/26/12 09:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Seroquel is the only thing that allows me to sleep these days. I hate it, I usually feel so out of it the next day, but it beats going nights without any sleep. It's a miserable existence. :sad:

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

OfflineKingofdiamonds
Stranger

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: Individual]
    #17105304 - 10/26/12 12:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i take 200mg of magnesium citrate every night before bed. It seems to help me get to sleep faster and sleep better.

--------------------

Edited by Kingofdiamonds (10/26/12 12:49 PM)

Offline0phiuchus
Titan
Male

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: Kingofdiamonds]
    #17122380 - 10/29/12 07:47 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"There's a chemical imbalance in my brain due years of drug abuse."

so you want to try more drugs? doesn't make sense to me...

if your problem is not physical, then it must be mental. i would assume that you are constantly under pressure, be it deadlines, or others bearing down on you, whatever. some kind of external stressors. i don't think that you have anything extraordinary that drugs themselves would have done. they may have added to your issue, but fact of the matter is there are plenty of people with the exact same issue who never use illegal drugs.

do you use caffeine? do you watch tv or computer? before bed?

it sounds to me like you aren't giving yourself the time of day to properly unwind and resolve these mental issues. you are getting mentally excited over something at an unsuitable time. it may help to give yourself a dedicated amount of time before bed, or in the morning to take care of things, write down things to remember, whatever, all the things you think about instead of relaxing while you try to sleep. 

sometimes i need to write down some things before i go to bed, be it new ideas, things to remember, or ways to solve problems. other times i simply need to sit silently and just let go of all of the negative energy that has stuck to me throughout the day. whatever it is, i simply give it the attention it deserves, and then i have little issue after that.

hope that helps some, let me know what you think.

--------------------
i do not claim ownership of any of the information contained in my posts. what i post is a collection of information from various sources around the web, presumed to have been given freely, and so any advice is given from these various sources. as such, my posts are strictly intended for informational purposes, and are in no way there to facilitate or recommend anyone to perform any illegal activities. one should always consult the laws for ones region before engaging in any activity that may be considered illegal.

OfflineDeemstar
Doctor Deemstar
 User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: 0phiuchus]
    #17123275 - 10/29/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds good I understand that the logic of me using more drugs to combat chemical imbalance is flawed. I've been trying to go with the more natural route for everything, including drugs. The most synthetic thing I do these days is dmt, I stay away from blotter, that's where most of my problems came from is blotter acid.

I decided not to fuck with benzos because they will only make the problem worse in the long run. I like your idea of writing / creative expression at the end of the day. I will pick up drawing again accompanied by a glass of tea every night to help my mind unwind. Your post did help me put things in perspective, thank you.

--------------------
Gnome-miii-odd
R.I.P. Georgie poor G
A.K.A. Jorgon Lucy

InvisibleBlue Unicorn
Mushroom Ginny Pig
Male

#17130122 - 10/30/12 11:56 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have REM sleep disorder myself.  I have been on a crapload of meds, and yet few work over time.  I take suboxone for chronic pain, so the doc will not give me any benzodiasapines, because those two do not mix, which is unfortunate because I know that xannax does work well for me.

I also have sleep apnea and a cpap machine, which does not work worth a darn.  I stop breathing every five minutes in my sleep, and each time I do, my body jerks me awake to get me to start breathing again, so in consequence I get no sleep at all and that sucks the life and health right out of you, makes you age twice as fast.  I discovered I had apnea from a sleep study.  You might consider having a sleep study done.

But if you are just not tired, at all, it may be that you are just high strung or have a lot of anxiety, in which case benzodiasapines might be the way to go for you.

--------------------
I know all about what you want to know all about---Ottis

Offlinegoldcaphunter
EMS Medic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Massachusetts Flag
Re: Insomniacs? [Re: Blue Unicorn]
    #17130889 - 10/30/12 02:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I used to go days without sleep....but now im on ambien so i get a restful nights sleep every night! i go to bed at 11 and wake up at 6 and feel a hell of alot better during the day than i used to!

--------------------

The picture to the far left is a reminder to our users to stay safe and healthy, that's my third open heart surgery due to over use of amps. Stay safe kiddos :wink:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: goldcaphunter]
    #17131291 - 10/30/12 03:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ambien will give tolerance after a while, i've read enough reports to know that. Anything will even antidepressants used for sleep or seroquel. I have a good supply of ambien but only use it once a week, i use a benzo twice a week and not on consecutive days. The other days i use seroquel, an anti-d with neurontin, some zyprexa and for the 7th day some reefer which helps but not if used every day.

I read about people being able to use ambien or seroquel for years without needing more but those are the exception. If you have bad insomnia figure on tolerance developing. No doc would prescribe all these things, he might give me one and then when it quit working perhaps something else that doesn't work and when you are at your wits end, maybe some benzos which will give tolerance soon anyway. So i self prescribe and so far so good.

Maybe some day they will find a cure, perhaps a machine that makes a buzzing sound that puts you right under. Or a pill you don't get tolerance to that doesn't cost much. (hah!) or something.

--------------------

Offlinegoldcaphunter
EMS Medic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Massachusetts Flag
    #17131327 - 10/30/12 03:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Haha! Dont we wish! But yeah i feel like they dont do anything after a couple days so i dont take them on the weekends... i just lay awake and prepare for the shitstorm of a day ahead of me lol

--------------------

The picture to the far left is a reminder to our users to stay safe and healthy, that's my third open heart surgery due to over use of amps. Stay safe kiddos :wink:

OfflineBjorn_Stormcrow
The Farfarer.
Male

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Insomniacs? [Re: goldcaphunter]
    #17134784 - 10/31/12 02:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've always suffered from insomnia, so far absolutely nothing that I have tried has helped.

Dealing with it really bad tonight, almost debating pulling an all nighter to get some sewing and painting done that I have been procrastinating on.

Need to be up in 5 hours anyways to catch a bus out of town to where all my belongings are being stored in preperation for a big move on thursday but after catching the bus there isn't all that much I need to do for the rest of the day so I can crash out early if I need too.

Decisions decisions.

--------------------
Live Mythically

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #17134798 - 10/31/12 02:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:zomgwtf:

i'm usually up until 3 or later even with sleep aids so i don't think i can help you.

i'm going to do sleep attempt #1 shortly.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineBjorn_Stormcrow
The Farfarer.
Male

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Insomniacs? [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #17134815 - 10/31/12 02:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
:zomgwtf:

i'm usually up until 3 or later even with sleep aids so i don't think i can help you.

i'm going to do sleep attempt #1 shortly.

I was already on sleep attempt 5 when I posted that... decided to go with option A. Going to try and get some good work in on my cloak. hell I might even be able to finish it by the big steampunk karaoke night on friday.

--------------------
Live Mythically

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: Bjorn_Stormcrow]
    #17137040 - 10/31/12 02:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i've been insomniac since i was a baby. it's always taken me about 3-4 hours to get to sleep without tranquilizing drugs, except for when i was married.
my doctor gave me some lunesta the other day and i thought it was going great until last night. first one of my cats woke me up and i chased them around the house yelling at them, psychotic shit. then i had the strangest nightmares where i was encased in an energy that was paralyzing me. i couldn't escape even if i woke up. the same thing would happen in an endless loop until i was woken up by the telephone at 10:00am or so. i'm truly scared to take this shit again in fear of not waking up or being stuck in that loop for days. fuck this shit! i'm going back to benzos and opiates full time. i've tried trazadone once which did some similar psychotic shit to me, and ambien which also did the same but not as bad. i'm normally not at all psychotic. when i take benzos and a cat wakes me up, i pet it and go back to sleep. i used etizolam every night all summer long and woke up refreshed at 6am every morning ready to work. the tolerance and addiction are worth the benefits for me. i could always go back on the kava too and risk no addiction. which is really worse on the liver? that's what i should be finding out if possible.

update: just got my doctor to call in a script for 60 1mg lorazepam. it's almost been 2 months since i had some valium and etizolam. it's opiates and benzos tonight! i still love the herb too of course.

Edited by passifloracaerulea (10/31/12 05:09 PM)

InvisibleUtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs
 User Gallery
Loc: place
    #17138014 - 10/31/12 05:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
i often go 4 or 5 days with no sleep , it makes me want to kill the shithead doctors that refuse to treat it apart from mirtazapine shit that i drop by the handfull with no result .
its fucked because i prefer the dream world to reality but can only dream once a week at the most:mad2:
i would trade all the drugs in the world for a few kilo's of that stillnox crap that got banned in my fascist country:evil:

ps the smaller the dose on remeron aka mirtazapine is more sedating.
the higher dosage helps with depression so they say but it is prescribed in 15 to 30 milligrams for sedation at night time.

just trying to help a fellow somniac out

--------------------
:tripmolecule::awecid2::awecid2::tripmolecule:]KILLEER TOFFUUUUUU!!!!
love life and live loving

Wizard of the Night

~Peace Love and Hippy Shit~

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: UtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs]
    #17138040 - 10/31/12 05:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've been taking mirtazapine for over a year but only once a week I take 1/4 of a 30 mg tab. But i also take a little bit of neurontin to smooth it out because while i get to sleep in the mirt, its not good sleep and the neurontin mellow it a little. I do not recommend taking 30 mg that will be too much.

--------------------

User Gallery

#17139922 - 10/31/12 11:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the total bliss on the lorazepam has been missed. i don't know why i ever chose to stop this stuff. it clearly isn't for everybody though.

Edited by passifloracaerulea (10/31/12 11:26 PM)

Offlinesmurfbury
Male

Loc: Georgia
Re: Insomniacs? [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #17139965 - 10/31/12 11:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I can't recall a time in my life where sleep has ever come easy or lasted very long. I grew up sick with severe asthma and practically lived in the hospital. I would be up all night almost every night maybe dozing off for an hour at daybreak. Through my late teens and 20's no matter how much vigorous activity I engaged in, I just never slept at a decent hour. Unless I'm deathly ill, 4-5 hours tops on a "good" night or should I say morning.

I am now 36 and it is 1:30am currently where I am.

User Gallery

Re: Insomniacs? [Re: smurfbury]
    #17139973 - 10/31/12 11:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

they don't give you benzos?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale