Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad?
    #17063590 - 10/19/12 07:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I really don't know what to think about it anymore. When I was 16 I was drinking like a fish and would always think to myself why it was such a big deal for someone who was 21 to buy me some booze.

Since I was that age I have gone through lots of ups and downs in this addiction and decided that it was the persons own decision whether or not they want to fall prey to it. I have bought alcohol for minors in the past, but tonight was different because a few 15/16 year olds came up to me after a high school football game asking if I would buy them a 30 pack. I was standing on my parents porch smoking a cigarette when they asked me.

Ya know what, I said I would buy it for them. I told them to give me the cash and wait right there on the sidewalk next to my parents house so they knew I wouldn't run with the money.

It was kind of a moral dilemma for me, but I decided on the action that I would have been most grateful for when I was that age.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #17063598 - 10/19/12 07:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

pretty much yes not to say i wouldn't depending on the circumstances but even people that are barely of age make the dumbest decisions.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: Rhizohunter] * 2
    #17063607 - 10/19/12 07:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't buy alcohol for minors.  I wouldn't risk legal troubles just to get some underage kids (who I will probably never see again) alcohol.  I drank occasionally when I was underage, but I never asked anybody to buy alcohol for me, I just drank from kegs at parties, and it wouldn't have been a major loss if I didn't have access to alcohol when I was underage.  If underage kids want alcohol, they should put in the effort themselves and get good fake ID's, so that the risk of anything going badly is only with them.

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
    #17063610 - 10/19/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i think its just a pain in the ass i just dont deal with it, even when they offer money.

--------------------

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: tdubz] * 1
    #17063618 - 10/19/12 07:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah maybe 18+. Kids are idiots.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #17063624 - 10/19/12 07:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you bought some minors alcohol, and they ended up getting busted by the police for drinking, and they ratted on you for buying them the alcohol, would you get in trouble?

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #17063642 - 10/19/12 07:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys, I was in a moral dilemma here. I can't say no to a few youngins asking an adult if I could buy them some alcohol when I was doing the exact same thing 7 years ago.

I'm not saying what I did was right, but I felt extremely hypocritical to say no.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
    #17063654 - 10/19/12 07:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It's not hypocritical unless you think they shouldn't be asking, not just cuz you don't buy them any. I'd have to get some decent tax out of it for me to do it, and I'd only do it for people I know and if they were at least 18.

--------------------

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: HB]
    #17063662 - 10/19/12 07:44 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HB said:
If you bought some minors alcohol, and they ended up getting busted by the police for drinking, and they ratted on you for buying them the alcohol, would you get in trouble?

I don't live in my parents house and did not give them my name.

lol, I'm already back at my grandparents house where I resume residence.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #17063672 - 10/19/12 07:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I don't give a really give shit if kids want to drink underage, and I personally started drinking around age 15 (an older guy in our group of friends always bought it.) There's no way I would buy alcohol for random people I thought were underage though, it's just not worth the risk to me. I do find it pretty crazy that the US drinking age is so high.

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: psi]
    #17063707 - 10/19/12 07:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

High school kids going out and drinking 6 or 7 beers a piece should be considered a learning experience in it's own way.

You aren't going to make it if you are taking jager bombs from some random "friendly fellow" at the age of 21 unless you are experienced.

BAM... Justification Right There:fuckyeahdance:

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#17063712 - 10/19/12 07:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alcoholichunter said:
High school kids going out and drinking 6 or 7 beers a piece should be considered a learning experience in it's own way.

You aren't going to make it if you are taking jager bombs from some random "friendly fellow" at the age of 21 unless you are experienced.

BAM... Justification Right There:fuckyeahdance:

I didn't really understand your justification, but so long as it makes sense to you, then that's all that really matters :shrug:

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

#17063756 - 10/19/12 07:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It's a feeble justification about how alcohol tolerance is a good thing before you go out on your birthday and wreck yourself.

I tried:shrug:

I believe alcohol should be legal for anyone once they turn nineteen

So, do you guys think I fucked up buying that 30 pack for the minors?

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#17063781 - 10/19/12 08:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alcoholichunter said:
It's a feeble justification about how alcohol tolerance is a good thing before you go out on your birthday and wreck yourself.

When I turned 21, I got more hammered than I've almost ever been in my life with no tolerance to speak of, and it was great until I overdid it and felt sick/nauseous, and I may have thrown up that night, I don't remember.  Since that night, I haven't drank on any regular basis, and haven't ever drank that much alcohol again.  I have a definite limit with alcohol, and always regret it when I overdo it.  There is a balance that I have to achieve to be drunk enough to be enjoying myself but not so drunk that I want to throw up and have the spins and can't even speak normally.

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

#17063831 - 10/19/12 08:09 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I tend to have this problem where I will have moments of clarity around a couple liters of vodka. It starts to make me think of the studies that are about people who take psychedelics and have moments of clarity.

I personally believe it has to do with less brain activity which makes you feel peaceful.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
BoomiN

Loc: Land of Shrooms
    #17063842 - 10/19/12 08:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

when I was 16-18 my friends mom in high school would buy us the booze we wanted every weekend and threw parties in their basement almost every other weekend.

Its sad to think about now...

All the kid does is sit and drink in his room and play video games all day.

He's 21 and hasnt even attempted to move out from his house and works for his step-dad where he works from home.

--------------------

:bump2:RR's Manure Pasteurization by: Shea25=:bump2:
Prep your WBS the TL way!
Spawn faster with Agar's Grain LC Tek!
Making Lids?  Back to TL!

:dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear::psychsplit::dancingbear:

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #17063843 - 10/19/12 08:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alcoholichunter said:

I can agree with that. I suspect that an overly high drinking age may lead to crazier binges when people reach that age because of inexperience. In Canada the drinking age is 18 or 19 depending on the province (19 here) and generally most people have a pretty relaxed attitude about it, I think that probably leads to less people going overboard.

I don't see any moral problem with buying kids beer from about 15 or so, but there's a risk of legal trouble doing it for strangers so I wouldn't do it for that reason. A bottle of everclear or something would be a totally different story, but 6 beers is most likely not going to put anyone in the emergency room from alcohol poisoning.

There are definitely times in the past when I've bought a case of beer for a family party and cousins under the drinking age have had a few, I have no problem with that whatsoever. The medical risk to them and the legal risk to me are negligible.

OfflinePlantEntity
AllTheCacti
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #17063869 - 10/19/12 08:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think its okay to buy Some minors alchy. If you trust your reading on them, its up to your judgment. You have to assess the situation before sticking you neck out there like that. It's a serious offense.

Imo alchy is an entheogen if you use it correctly. It taught me how to produce healing energy in a sustainable manor.

--------------------
I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: psi] * 2
    #17063888 - 10/19/12 08:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
I don't give a really give shit if kids want to drink underage, and I personally started drinking around age 15 (an older guy in our group of friends always bought it.) There's no way I would buy alcohol for random people I thought were underage though, it's just not worth the risk to me. I do find it pretty crazy that the US drinking age is so high.

18 is old enough to die for the country but you can't have a cold beer. Explain that.

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think buying minors alcohol is bad? [Re: Frost]
    #17063897 - 10/19/12 08:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Frost said:
Quote:

psi said:

18 is old enough to die for the country but you can't have a cold beer. Explain that.

It's inexplicable.  If you are legally an adult at 18, you should legally be allowed to drink alcohol.  It only makes sense.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder