Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
9/11: Did the CIA know?
    #1705797 - 07/11/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Found this on Ananova. I haven't seen any other stories on this so it could be suspect, but they do make reference to the upcoming report (which someone was quoted as saying would be "explosive" I think) on 9/11.

Maybe it's the way I'm reading it, but this article seems to strongly imply that the CIA not only knew about this meeting, but that they knew about al-Qaeda wanting to fly planes into targets like the WTC or the White House, and the date they wanted to do it. Anyways, read for yourselves:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Al-Qaida called Sept 11 attacks 'Operation Holy Tuesday'

The September 11 attacks were given the code name "Operation Holy Tuesday" and precisely planned at an al-Qaida meeting in Malaysia.

The purpose of the three day secret conference in January 2000, which was monitored by Malaysian police at the CIA's request, was to discuss details of how the hijackers should train and hide in the US and how the attacks should be carried out.

"This was the first planning meeting of the 9/11 operation. It was to review the progress they had achieved on the operation and to map out their future course of action," Rohan Gunaratna, a leading expert on Osama bin Laden, said after appearing before the US commission investigating the attacks.

The meeting of terrorists in Malaysia has previously been disclosed, but Gunaratna added new details that have never before been revealed, such as the involvement of terror mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Mohammed was in charge of the Malaysia meeting and told some of the other terrorists there the targets would include the World Trade Centre and the date of the attacks would be September 11, 2001, Gunaratna said.

His statements reveal bin Laden's terror team picked the date of the 9/11 attacks nearly two years before those strikes were carried out, dispelling theories that the hijackers acted on their own and might have accelerated their plans after Zacarias Moussaoui was arrested in August 2001.

Gunaratna said of Moussaoui: "He had a vision of crashing a plane on the White House, but his colleagues did not take him seriously."

The 12 terrorists who met Mohammed in January 2000 at an apartment in Kuala Lumpur included two hijackers, Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, who flew from there to Bangkok, Thailand and to the US without interference, as well as Tawfiq Attash, a key planner in the October 2000 bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen.

US intelligence agencies have previously come under fire for failing to stop the two hijackers from coming from the Malaysia terror meeting into the US.

Gunaratna said the CIA, even though it had pictures of terrorists who were there, did not realise Mohammed was at the Malaysia meeting until last year, after al-Qaida operative Abu Zubaydah was captured and told US interrogators all about it. Mohammed, who was captured in Pakistan in March, has since confirmed he led the early 9/11 planning session in the Malaysian capital, Gunaratna said.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: 9/11: Did the CIA know? [Re: Edame]
    #1708104 - 07/12/03 10:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

of course bush knew, he chose to do nothing because he knew that 9/11 would be the absolute best thing that could happen for his presidency.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: 9/11: Did the CIA know? [Re: gdman]
    #1708264 - 07/12/03 12:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

While I think Bush is a sub-human piece of garbage, I think it's kind of far fetched,but certainly non outside the realm of possibility, that he let these attacks happen. The reason he didn't do anything probably is because he never really ever does anything. Do you really think he,himself,actually makes any kind of important decisions? He has his goons for that. He's merely a speaker (and a bad one at that).

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion