Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
whats your favorite poppy tea recipe?
    #1701984 - 07/10/03 08:45 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ive been reading around about poppy tea. some places ive come acrossed say that you need 20 pods for one strong dose? i think they mean the dried out pods though. someone currently has 10 garganthuan papaver somniferum plants. isent one pod enough for one does?

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: whats your favorite poppy tea recipe? [Re: sancho]
    #1702059 - 07/10/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A few of my friends took about 40 pods and boiled them down to a putty. They scraped the goop into 4 equal parts. They then each made a cup of there favorite tea. Each dose of pod putty was the diameter of a nickel. They then took the putty and dissolved it into a tea. The only effects they noticed were dialated pupils. No nodding or any thing like itchyness. So I would say you will need at least 20 for a single dose. But this is sort of new to them so dont take these words to seriously.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #1702107 - 07/10/03 10:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is my method for dealing with the dried pods, which I've found most effective:

1. Empty the pods from seeds, by either pierce them with a cork screw or break off the bottom of the pods.

2. Put the empty pods in double freezer bags, put the bags between news papers and crush with your knee or by rolling a glass bottle back and forth.

3. Shake the crushed pods in a kitchen sieve to get more seeds out (alot get stuck on the inside walls of the pods).

4. Grind the pods in coffee grinder

5. Brew it in a stove top expresso brewer. This way you get the most out the pods. It actually takes less material to get the desired effect than cooking the materials in a pot 3 times repeatedly! It really rips the crap out of the material, you can prove this to yourself by brewing the same pulp a second time, it will come out clear an tasteless)This also leaves you with less foul liquid to consume, and it only takes a few minutes.

6. Enjoy!

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1705378 - 07/11/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The only effects they noticed were dialated pupils.

That's odd. Opiates don't dilate your pupils, they constrict them.

When I make tea I just grind up some dried pods (no seeds) and weigh out about 5g. Dump it in a mug with boiling water and a squirt of lemon, leave to sit for 10mins (stirring regularly). Strain out the grounds and drink it (beer covers the taste nicely).
20 pods would be an extremely strong dose in my experience.

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
Re: whats your favorite poppy tea recipe? [Re: zeta]
    #1705440 - 07/11/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

so 5g is a pretty strong dose?

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Anonymous

#1705449 - 07/11/03 10:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I am sorrey I always get that mixed up :frown: .  The got smaller.

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
Re: whats your favorite poppy tea recipe? [Re: ]
    #1705453 - 07/11/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

a friend sent a friend of mine some poppy pod flour,he used about 3 tablespoons of the flour , the mixed with cold water let it sit for about 20 mins.. strained, drank the tea, felt really good, then took the leftover mess and put some hot water through it.. drank it.. well he was so Morph'd out he was about throwing up.. strong cup of tea..

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: whats your favorite poppy tea recipe? [Re: jojoba]
    #1705568 - 07/11/03 11:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

In my opinion if you get a new batch of pods, i'd collect all the seeds and save them for planting, then grind up all the pods together to sort of "standardize" your sample. Once you're left with a pretty good set of grindings, make tea with 8 grams and see how it is, and find a dose that works good with you for that set of ground poppies, this works best to avoid overdose incase you get some particularly strong pods. Usually though a dose is 10 - 13g of dried pods and not normally the amount. But this is perhaps the best method to avoid sickness/OD and find a good dose for your current sample of pods.

Anonymous

Re: whats your favorite poppy tea recipe? [Re: neuro]
    #1705586 - 07/11/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Would using fresh pods be why I didnt feel much of the tea?

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
    #1706770 - 07/11/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Some weirdo I know, {he had a striking resemblance to me :wink: } once ate 3 pods raw, and felt good effects from them, similar to taking two vicodin.  First time tea was made, a friend with prior knowledge of making tea (Friend 2) introduced this friend to the wonders of poppy tea.  About twenty pods were crushed by hand, and shaken in a pasta strainer to remove the seeds.  Stems were saved and used on a brewing in the future.  The whole mess was cooked for about 45 minutes without boiling the water.  About a quart and a half of black water resulted from the mess after straining the pulp through an old (but clean!) t-shirt.  Friend 2 portioned tea into three parts, about a pint a piece.  Friend 2, a noteable herion addict, described it as one of the better opiater rushes he ever had.  Friend 1, having a nonexistant tolerance but a strong intestinal fortitude, gulped his down, and even finished about half of the third friends portion after she didn't want anymore. (She threw up later only having about 1/4 of our dose)  Friend 1 was basically plastered to the couch the whole evening without moving, which resulted in a stiff neck in the morning, and two days of morphine sickness after his heroic dose, which involved much time spent in bed.  Basically, the darker your tea, the more kick it's going to have, but you don't need a lot to enjoy it.  If you take too much you'll regret it. (PS, giganthum pods were used in all experiments) 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds