Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmtcorey
~the time police~
Male User Gallery

Re: Does LSD give you flashbacks? [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17064563 - 10/19/12 10:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
Not the way the media portrays. Very rarely, if ever, hill you be driving down the road start tripping out of nowhere and hit a tree. That just doesn't happen. Real flashbacks are just intense dejavu type phenomena where you revisit certain spiritual type revelations. There are no visuals, you're not intoxicated, it's just an intense emotional recollection and is normally pretty awesome and one of the great benefits of psychedelics.

Closer to media portrayed flashbacks is Hppd. That's where you experience persistent visuals. They're usually mild and only brought on by abuse. Of course there are exceptions to that rule and it may only take you one trip. It's not likely though. Most people say it goes away with abstinence. Many on this site enjoy it too. It doesn't affect your ability to be productive or think straight, it's purely visual.

:whathesaid:

You're not gonna just randomly start tripping again.  It really is just a powerful sense of deja vu.  That, and HPPD.  I have HPPD, and it really doesn't bother me.  It only shows up when I stare at things idly :shrug:

:boo: yes,what these guys are saying

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Does LSD give you flashbacks? [Re: ImNormal]
    #17064568 - 10/19/12 10:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I feel like the term "flashback" has been so misconstrued. I mean, I shouldn't say, I can't speak for anyone but myself.

I feel like a flashback is more of a subtle mental thing. For instance, if I had an intense moment during a trip, and a certain song was on at that time, I will hear that song afterwards, and it will bring back certain "sensations" if you will. You don't literally trip again, at least I don't.

It's more of something reminding you of a certain area in a trip, which can bring forth vivid "mental" sensations. I wouldn't sweat the flashback thing too much. There are certain songs that I have experienced in very intense trips, that will never be the same. I cannot listen to certain songs without having those memories brought back. That will never change, but for me, I think that's the most a flashback is.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Does LSD give you flashbacks? [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #17064972 - 10/19/12 11:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
I feel like the term "flashback" has been so misconstrued. I mean, I shouldn't say, I can't speak for anyone but myself.

I feel like a flashback is more of a subtle mental thing. For instance, if I had an intense moment during a trip, and a certain song was on at that time, I will hear that song afterwards, and it will bring back certain "sensations" if you will. You don't literally trip again, at least I don't.

It's more of something reminding you of a certain area in a trip, which can bring forth vivid "mental" sensations. I wouldn't sweat the flashback thing too much. There are certain songs that I have experienced in very intense trips, that will never be the same. I cannot listen to certain songs without having those memories brought back. That will never change, but for me, I think that's the most a flashback is.

Absolutely.  Well put :thumbup:.

The point about songs bringing about "flashbacks" especially hits home for me.  When I hear a song that's strongly attributed to a psychedelic experience I've had in the past, it puts me in a weird headspace.  This has only ever put me in what I would consider a legitimate flashback one time, and I was tripping on quite a bit of acid at the time :lol:.  Basically what happened was I was listening to the same song in the same room as a time when I smoked DMT on acid and had an insanely bad trip.  As soon as the song came on and I opened my eyes, I was back in that bad trip and saw the room the same way again.  I don't care to go into the details of this horrifying experience, but it was more than a little unsettling.  But like I said, I was tripping at the time.  I've never had anything remotely close to that while sober.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

#17064997 - 10/19/12 11:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That sounds far out man.

I can see that though. We are so vulnerable in a psychedelic state that ANYTHING our mind believes will manifest into reality. It's scary at times.

People fear "losing control" on psychedelics. What they don't understand is it's the opposite.

You have so much control, that you don't realize it. Your subconscious is running wild and it's all your perception of it. When we realize that it's all in our control, and when we can "control" our own control, psychedelics are beautiful.

Sorry if that sounds stupid. It's just hard to explain. It's this feeling of being so in control that you're actually out of control because the physical world becomes so perceptive of your thoughts, that things often get bad before you even have a chance to turn the thoughts away.

I have never had a bad trip, and I am thankful.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #17065195 - 10/20/12 12:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
That sounds far out man.

I can see that though. We are so vulnerable in a psychedelic state that ANYTHING our mind believes will manifest into reality. It's scary at times.

People fear "losing control" on psychedelics. What they don't understand is it's the opposite.

You have so much control, that you don't realize it. Your subconscious is running wild and it's all your perception of it. When we realize that it's all in our control, and when we can "control" our own control, psychedelics are beautiful.

Sorry if that sounds stupid. It's just hard to explain. It's this feeling of being so in control that you're actually out of control because the physical world becomes so perceptive of your thoughts, that things often get bad before you even have a chance to turn the thoughts away.

You don't control the trip it controls you. If you can't let go and be controlled then psychedelics aren't for you. You have to embrace the trip not conrol it. Like a dog. Embrace the dog not try to control it for a good relationship. Otherwise you'll end up hating the dog.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
Re: Does LSD give you flashbacks? [Re: Mad Season]
    #17065352 - 10/20/12 02:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

What exactly defines a flashback?  Sometimes I get very, very mild visuals that are reminiscent of tripping.  They are very fleeting, and almost so subtle that I'm not sure I'd notice them if I wasn't familiar with psychedelic visuals (i.e. - maybe they have always occurred, but I never noticed them before taking psychedelics).

EDIT - after reading some of the replies, I'd say I have possibly experienced flashbacks.  They are indeed so subtle that they could easily go unnoticed.  Kind of deja vu like.\

FWIW, I have tripped 15 times (counting vaporized DMT).  Everyone likes to associate LSD with flashbacks, but I've only used it twice. 

Edited by breeg89 (10/20/12 02:09 AM)

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: Does LSD give you flashbacks? [Re: breeg89]
    #17065389 - 10/20/12 02:24 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

if it did, I wouldnt have to keep  buying, and growing shit to trip on..

--------------------

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #17065451 - 10/20/12 03:00 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:

Part of what makes a bad trip so bad is the complete lack of control.  I understand where you're coming from with the assertion that we have more control than we think in psychedelic states; for the most part, that's true.  But when it comes to the really bad trips, the concept of any sense of control is absolutely obliterated as you tumble in the psychedelic blender of replicating nonsense that used to be your friend's bedroom.

Quote:

breeg89 said:
What exactly defines a flashback?  Sometimes I get very, very mild visuals that are reminiscent of tripping.  They are very fleeting, and almost so subtle that I'm not sure I'd notice them if I wasn't familiar with psychedelic visuals (i.e. - maybe they have always occurred, but I never noticed them before taking psychedelics).

EDIT - after reading some of the replies, I'd say I have possibly experienced flashbacks.  They are indeed so subtle that they could easily go unnoticed.  Kind of deja vu like.\

FWIW, I have tripped 15 times (counting vaporized DMT).  Everyone likes to associate LSD with flashbacks, but I've only used it twice. 

Sounds more like HPPD to me :shrug:

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
    #17065470 - 10/20/12 03:10 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

^ hmm, I thought HPPD was more persistent.  In any case, it doesn't really matter because it doesn't affect my life in the least. haha

Offlineqaleb
Stranger

#17065640 - 10/20/12 05:00 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

never had flashbacks from acid...

--------------------
well that escalated quickly

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

#17066365 - 10/20/12 10:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mad Season said:
Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
That sounds far out man.

You don't control the trip it controls you. If you can't let go and be controlled then psychedelics aren't for you. You have to embrace the trip not conrol it. Like a dog. Embrace the dog not try to control it for a good relationship. Otherwise you'll end up hating the dog.

No I totally agree man. I meant though that it ultimately is the psychedelics controlling us. I don't mean you have to try to disrupt the flow of a trip. Doing that is a recipe for disaster. I just meant more that we can trip hard enough to where we forget that we really are manifesting thoughts of fear into physical reality? It's that I'm saying we sit there trying to over take the trip. It's more literally where like I said. Everything is so magnified during a trip, and sometimes even sober, we can't control what thought oops into our head. On psychedelics, that's way more dangerous, because any thought can and will manifest into an all truthful, all real reality.

So you are correct, I worded it wrong.

Psychedelics are the ones in control.

I just believe they make us forget how much control we really have over what is happening.

What I'm saying is hard to explain and I am making myself sound dumber as I go. Hopefully you understand what I meant though.

I don't want new trippers to think I am saying you won't lose control. You can, and will. I have many many times. I just "believe" the loss of control is ultimately the loss of control over our own "brain".

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #17067110 - 10/20/12 12:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You form a partnership basically. It may start off rough and you have an absolutely insane time. When you accept the trip it always turns out so tranquil, it's this tranquil inner peace that makes me want to keep doing psychedelics for a long time. It's not a matter of controlling as it's a matter of accepting and working together :smile: however I know where you're coming from and I'm guessing you are on the same page.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

#17067193 - 10/20/12 12:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I wish I did.  :frown:

--------------------
I've kissed mermaids, rode the El NiƱo.

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: Does LSD give you flashbacks? [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #17067639 - 10/20/12 02:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I did a lot of LSD in 98/99/00/01 before Pickard went bust, and I never had any flashbacks.
The closest thing was MAYBE seeing trails/tracers on occasion for a little while afterwards. When the acid dried up in 01 I didn't (and haven't) notice any lingering effects.....

MDMA on the otherhand, yeah, I've had what Id consider flashbacks...but not the good kind. The kind when after you're done rolling and you realize you're no longer king of the world. Id get that depressing feeling randomly for about a year after abuse...which, again, stopped in 01 after my connects dried up :sad:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order