Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Loc: Germany
valium in case a bad trip hits you
    #1705056 - 07/11/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hi,

I had a bad trip a few years ago and always when i am tripping i am very anxious experiencing another bad trip. I ordered some valium 'cause it is said to stop a bad trip, so that i can actually focus on tripping and not fighting my fear when i know i can stop the experience at any time.

My question: is anyone here who has some experiences with stopping a trip with valium. Does it work, or more concrete, does it really stop the trip or does it only calm you down, so that you are no more so anxious?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: psilo]
    #1705186 - 07/11/03 06:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Valium doesn't stop a trip, it makes bad trips stop being bad. I have no experience w/ this since I've never had a bad trip but I am fairly sure it works since it makes sense and tons of creditable sites have info on it. In other words it calms you down...I need more sleep than you hehe :tongue:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #1705319 - 07/11/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

My question: is anyone here who has some experiences with stopping a trip with valium. Does it work, or more concrete, does it really stop the trip or does it only calm you down, so that you are no more so anxious?

I have a friend who's done this. It won't stop the trip, but it'll make you mellow so you won't care so much about whatever is bad with the trip. Weed also helps if you can't get valium. My favorite is X; it won't stop the trip either, but it makes it more fun.

Good luck!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Diploid]
    #1705326 - 07/11/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think that depends on how you get on with weed while not under the influence of psychadelics. If weed makes you slightly paranoid then avoid it whilst tripping. The last thing you need is paranoia when tripping. Trust me, I know. :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Jackal]
    #1705342 - 07/11/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

If weed makes you slightly paranoid then avoid it whilst tripping.

Yeah, you're probably right about that.  I never get that paranoia thing with weed, so it works for me, but your mileage may vary.  :smile:

-Diploid 

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinenermski
Stranger

Loc: South East
    #1705462 - 07/11/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, valium will not end the trip but it will mellow you out alot. I hear thorazine can end a trip..

Also try taking a SSRI (paxil, prozac, zoloft), as they can reduce the actual effects of the drug.

--------------------
It's better to overdose than to underdose.

Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Jackal]
    #1705471 - 07/11/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In fact, my bad trip started to be really bad when i have smoked some weed. As i noticed that my trip was going to become very uncomfortable, some friends of me said smoking weed would help. BAD MISTAKE. Instead of becoming calmer, i was totally paranoid and confused from one moment to the other. The trip was becoming even harder.

However, weed always made me paranoid, not that much, but enough for me to classify the weed experience itself as uncomfortable.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Diploid] * 1
    #1706169 - 07/11/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
My favorite is X; it won't stop the trip either, but it makes it more fun.

I dont think some X would be the thing to take if your having a bad trip lol, it would just boost the intensity and level of the trip probably making it harder to chillout :rocket:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: DailyPot]
    #1706602 - 07/11/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

A valium or some xanax will relieve your stress and anxeity. You'll be able to relax. I always keep some xanax handy incase things get a little too intense.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: nermski]
    #1709468 - 07/12/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I hear thorazine can end a trip..

Contrary to popular belief,most antipsychotics won't stop a trip,they'll just sedate you so much that you can't bitch. Some antipsychotics (Thorazine included I think) have anticholinergic actions that can actually make a bad trip worse. It used to be common to "stop" bad trips this way,but most ER's that know what they're doing use benzos exclusively.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: monoamine]
    #1710335 - 07/12/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just found the following link. Very interesting reading. (As always on erowid.org)

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/psychedelic_crisis_faq.shtml

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
    #1710590 - 07/13/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Valium takes longer to set in. Xanax is much faster. You can place a Xanax under your tongue and it will hit in about 5-10 minutes. If it doesn't take one more. Careful with your dose. Take .25-1mg for a mild panic attack and 1-3mg for a really bad one. I think I got this info backup from the above link from erowid. I also have personal experience with the Xanax. It does mellow you out and can pull you out of the loop of anxiety. Tell you Doctor you have anxiety attacks and he will probably prescribe the Xanax.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Edited by RANKSRAGGY68 (07/13/03 07:19 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1710663 - 07/13/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't support taking other drugs to turn down your trip.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Strumpling]
    #1712365 - 07/13/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

For those too lazy to click on the link I took this right off of Erowid. I'm glad I re-read it. My dosages were wrong for Xanax. I highlight: "Valium, Xanax, and other equivalent benzodiazepines are considered by some members of the psychedelic community to be the best chemical treatment for extreme psychedelic crises."

I'm not advocating dosing peeps with benzos for every little uncomfortable feeling. Only do so in the event of a crisis which cannot be calmed away by any other means. You definitely want to try breathing, change of setting, or distraction first. Benzing your trip is a last resort only. I don't think many snake hunters go out without a cell phone and a snake bite kit no matter how expereinced they are. The inclusion of everything possible in your "trip kit" can be comforting and cause a simple placebo effect that may make their use unnecessary in the first place. No one needs a paramedic to cross the street, but it sure helps to have one around if a car hits you on the way across. Sorry, I come from the school of been there done that, so now I make damned sure I can eliminate any worries and just enjoy myself. In other words, I do support taking other drugs to turn down your trip, but only if absolutely necessary.

From Erowid:

Valium (diazepam) - is used to treat anxiety and muscle spasms, as well as generally calming people down. Dosage used is between 2 and 10mg for low level anxiety and 10-30mg for acute, extreme attacks. Valium is schedule IV in the US partially because some people find the effects pleasant enough to use them recreationally. Valium, Xanax, and other equivalent benzodiazepines are considered by some members of the psychedelic community to be the best chemical treatment for extreme psychedelic crises.
[Valium Vault]

Xanax (alprazolam) - Another benzodiazepine (like Valium) used to treat anxiety, muscle spasms, and to calm people down. Xanax comes on more quickly than valium and is considered more useful for treating acute episodes. Xanax pills are sometimes chewed to speed onset, although the taste can be unpleasant and soda, water, or fruit may be necessary to reduce the bitterness. Dosage for Xanax is .25-1mg for low anxiety, and 1-3mg for extreme acute attacks. See Valium. Xanax may be somewhat more sedating than Valium.
[Xanax Vault]

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1714768 - 07/14/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Take .25-1mg for a mild panic attack and 1-3mg for a really bad one.

And for complete cowardice just eat the whole bottle and put yourself out of your misery.
Christ, people. In the 15 minutes it takes for a benzo to kick in there is an infinity of things you could do to change the direction of your trip.

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Viveka]
    #1714777 - 07/14/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well, some of us are not NASA approved psychonauts able to leap tall galaxies in our minds. OR, if we are, we may be with someone who isn't handling it too well and needs some calming down AFTER everything else has been tried. Sometimes it's just too much. Only options and advice are being offered here. They are but words, and words but wind. See how much you can get for a pound of wind. Also, I believe cowardice is left checked at the door as soon as you decide to ingest something psychoactive AFTER you have had a bad experience. That can be quite an obstacle for people to overcome.

As has been posted many times already, a benzo will not stop a trip! It can possibly calm you down though.

Also, to match sarcasm with dry "just-the-facts-ma'am" wit, don't ever take a whole bottle of anything to put yourself out of your misery. Very dangerous.

-RR68

--------------------

Edited by RANKSRAGGY68 (07/14/03 03:21 PM)

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1715833 - 07/14/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

One thing make sure you are not allergic to the xanax or what ever you choose. I took some xanax one time and had a very bad allergic reaction, this mixed with shrooms might not be pleasant and make your trip much worse.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Protester]
    #1717586 - 07/15/03 06:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

& don't fergit:
NIACINAMIDE (a form of vitamin B3) can help mellow things out fairly well, folks...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleTucky
Smart ass.
Male

Loc: Near a tree by a lake
Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: gnrm23]
    #27469274 - 09/15/21 11:46 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I had a very uncomfortable trip once with 4g in tea that lasted for hours. I was very disoriented but knew I had IV Ativan in my drawer but that was the only thought I could put together. I had no idea how to get it in me and really wanted the trip to end. I just rode it out until I fell asleep.

OfflineEnjoil
I'm a teapot

Re: valium in case a bad trip hits you [Re: Tucky]
    #27471825 - 09/17/21 02:41 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience a near death experience that really gets your adrenaline pumping will stop the effects. Then about 45 minutes after the incident the effects can come back on.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds