Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBullBait
Stranger
Law
    #1697841 - 07/08/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Howdy. I'm from Alabama and no stranger to the fields. Yet, I've always wondered what would happen if the police ever caught me in a field with a sackful of shroomies. I've heard it is a felony. I always go at night, and I've gotten to the point where I need no form of light but I'm still skeptical about getting caught. Enlighten me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Law [Re: BullBait]
    #1697859 - 07/08/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you will stand a good cance of being charged. if charged and found to be in possession of psilic[yb]in contaning mushromms you stand a good chance of being convicted.

don't chance it, get permission.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1697860 - 07/08/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yep, A fellony. Criminal trespassing, and possession of a controlled substance. The suck, eh?

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Law [Re: Gumby]
    #1697885 - 07/08/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That is if the cops are the ones doin' the busting. A farmer just might do worse though, I wonder whos to fear most. I don;t know bout them bama farmers either, you may end up squealin' like a pig naked in the middle of a dark pasture :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (07/08/03 10:42 PM)

OfflineBullBait
Stranger
Re: Law [Re: Gumby]
    #1697886 - 07/08/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks. I have considered asking permission from the farmer. My idea was to walk up to his house and just ask if I could harvest his fungus... maybe for scientific experimentaion. Also, I'm wondering if he could get me arrested for just asking and secondly if he even knows what the mushrooms in his field actually do.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1697887 - 07/08/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you are caught in a field (or anywhere else in the US, for that matter) with a sackful of psilocybin-containing mushrooms, then you can be charged with a felony.

The penalty is listed here under (C), about a third of the way down the page. According to that page, for a first offense you're looking at up to 20 years, assuming there was no associated death or serious bodily injury involved.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: Law [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1704210 - 07/10/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ain't that crazy toxicman!!!

damn.....just think of the "REAL" crimes you can do against humanity and get less than 20 yrs.

i just don't get it!

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Loc: east coast
Re: Law [Re: subterranean]
    #1704641 - 07/11/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

just say you are from a local college and bring some field guides i had a botany project once that required us to go out and collect species from many different habitats i am sure you could type something convincing up

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Law [Re: subterranean]
    #1704793 - 07/11/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

But remember, drugs are evil.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Law [Re: kief]
    #1706206 - 07/11/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You bring up a good point.

One of the biggest things working against many people is that they have collected only one speces (an active one) in a field with lots of different ones. If you're caught with only one species, intent is fairly obvious. If you're caught with 25 species (only one or two of which are active) then they'll probably have a tough time proving any intent.

If it looks like you're studying mycology, then you've got a straightforward defense. If it looks like you were searching for psychedelics then you're defense is going to be a bit tougher.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract